Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 21:13:01 )
Oh jeeze... the daily storm is approaching and the dogs are freaking out with the darker skies and the occasional rumbles that are happening. The one is currently cowering in the closet, trying to wedge herself in to about 6" of space (she's a 60# dog)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 21:28:06 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, she's neurotic and we didn't anticipate the storm soon enough to put her in her thundershirt or to give her a calming treat. She is seriously freaking out right now, the poor thing. Our other dog is freaked out, but not nearly like she is.

OH! I want that! XD How much are you really growing in that thing??

I pretty much gave up trying to garden here -not that I was an avid gardener to begin with, but... I'm sticking to sweet potatoes and whatever decides to grow out of the compost - lol! XD (I can't even keep basil alive)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 21:38:54 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, she's too far gone. She was trying to dig up the storage crates I had in the corner she's currently sitting in. I managed to pull them out (around her) and she seems happier now, but she's panting and cowering and is obviously distressed. There's not much more we can do at this point. Fortunately, I think the bulk of the storm has now moved on, so with any luck, she'll be ok in a little bit. This isn't even one of those particularly nasty afternoon storms!! (yes, thunder and lightning, but not the white-out torrential rains and constant thunder/lightning)

So you have several of these around the house? How much does one of these grow?

... we just lost power?? Maybe it was just a brown out... the ceiling fan seem to still be on, so brownout...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 22:18:27 )
@Totalanimefan: The storm has pretty much passed at this point although I just caught a little bit of lightning out of the corner of my eye... She's still in the closet and probably will be for a while now, but I don't think she's as stressed as she was a few minutes ago. It's hard seeing her/them freak out over storms (or fireworks, etc.) but there's only so much we can do to help her... especially after a certain point. arrrrgh!!!

Oh! That sounds like it's probably worth the investment! Good to know - thank you. Sometimes it's hard to tell what the reality of something like that is... so I'm happy to have your real experience with one of these things. I am going to seriously consider getting one - but I have other things to do first, I think...

The brownout was just a blip - and only one of them, so no big deal. Thanks anyway.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 22:40:59 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes, the 4th (and yes, I'm completely with you on the "how the h*ll did we get here already" train of thought) is a known thing and we'll walk them, wrap them and 'drug' them well before dark, knowing that there are probably at least a couple people setting off fireworks this weekend (I think this is part of the cause of her nervousness, tbh - she was a puppy and July 4th fireworks freaked her out because across-the-street neighbors set some off just as we were taking her out to pee... and we tried to find a "dead spot" in their activity. It backfired. /eyeroll/)

My kids aren't that observant when they're here - they still expect me & hubby to do pretty much everything... or at least the one who's still living at home does. The other one is the polar opposite and we wish he would talk to us and get our perspective on things more often than he does.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 23:13:44 )
@Totalanimefan: We won't be setting off fireworks, but we'll try to anticipate our neighbors setting some off throughout the weekend.
Oh! Definitely check on what's going on in the city! Philly has a knock-out July 4th celebration that is hard to miss (gawd, I still miss it!! <3) and I'm sure DC isn't far behind in the celebrations! I found that being in Philly for the 4th was something you planned to either be IN the city (& stay there) or you're OUT of the city (& don't return until later), but that there was a Lot going on, usually within walking distance if you were in "center" city area. It was definitely busy and crowded but ohh... so much fun!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 23:29:31 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, that's something that you'll just have to choose and later evaluate for next year. Every city has their own "spots" that appeal to different types of folks for celebrations like July 4th. If you're not planning on drinking (too much), I'd probably opt for the bicycle option, tbh

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 23:29:40 )

/melts into a puddle

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 23:30:19 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Hey you. Why are you melting in to a puddle today?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 00:09:14 )

@Wildfire: Is over 100 degrees

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 00:10:22 )
@Anarchist Beauty: It's cooler in Florida ATM!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 00:11:05 )

@Wildfire: Bruh how lmao
      Florida is Hell.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 00:12:00 )
@Anarchist Beauty: apparently, it's not a deep a level of hell as some other areas of the country right now XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 00:13:12 )
LOL - it's currently raining where I am but apparently it's also only 76*F (I'm not sure I believe this, but that's what my phone weather thingy says!)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 00:27:26 )

@Wildfire: Surprising. lol

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 02:03:47 )

@Totalanimefan:
I've been down to San Diego, but only once (for Comic Con, lol) so we didn't explore much. The cooler weather down there was nice!

Honestly unless my financial situation changes or I'm able to move with my friends, I don't see being able to live out there again, unfortunately. But I suppose there's no harm in dreaming!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 02:05:21 )

Holy cow, it's currently 90 in Portland (which is really hot for them) but only 75 here (Central Florida). Granted, it is raining here. But still, it's so bizarre that it's so much cooler here at the moment!

Please ping me!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 02:10:58 )

Somehow one of our trash cans at work had 2in of liquid, no idea what kind, and I had to clean it out

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 13:20:37 )

What's up yo

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 13:34:58 )
Good morning
How is everyone so far today?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.