Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 17:22:30 )

@Koah: Thanks! I like yours too :3
Well I hope I have enough motivation to do something today...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 17:29:54 )
@Purpsy: Are you the type to be able to nap to catch up on rest?
I'm not a napper unless I feel totally secure that I have no other priorities. XD which is rare.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 17:41:19 )

@Koah: If that's possible but I sleep on the living room. I get no peace and quiet napping on daytime...
Yep also that too but I have an unhealthy habit of postponing priorities if possible lmao

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 17:47:09 )
@Purpsy: omg same. I've recently gotten better at not procrastinating stuff. But I'm currently going 'f- it. dont wanna'. XD
That sucks that you don't have a quiet napping place.
My house is rarely quiet enough for a decent nap.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 17:51:21 )

@Koah: My apartment is quiet for the most part. It's just my loud ass family is the issue xD
I usually just nap with music and sleep mask on which I may do later.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 18:53:25 )
@Purpsy: I totally just caved a laid down for about an hour. >3< I didn't sleep hard, but i was super cozy. I got a heated blanket for christmas. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 19:01:41 )

@Koah: Heated blankets! I'm super jelly, that sounds super cozy =w=
Tbh all I've done so far is watch anime...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 19:04:32 )
@Purpsy: I started watching a new anime about 2 months ago and lost the name to it. and it's stuck in my head, but I can't remember the character names or show name. XDD
Currently, I'm trying to catch up on How I was reincarnated as a Slime. and I'm just now getting into Demon Slayer. I'm only on episode 4.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 19:18:33 )

@Koah: Oh man I need to catch up on Demon Slayer and I haven't even watch the movie yet. I bet there's already a new season that came out since it's been a long time since I watched season 1...

The anime I'm currently watching right now is Komi Can't Communicate. Really cute and funny anime and I might binge watch the whole series lmao.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 19:21:56 )
@Purpsy: I'm pretty sure that's one of the animes that my roommate watched last week. He went on a total anime binge spiral. lol. I kept walking in on awkward scenes during the more etchy animes he was watching. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 19:42:06 )

@Koah: Can't blame him xD
Is a really good anime and most animes I've watched I dropped on the first episode...

Felt like most animes are full of cringy moments, It makes it hard to watch sometimes lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 20:03:04 )
@Purpsy: Cringy is fun- sometimes. I enjoy puns and an occasional raunchier anime. :d
Getting past the first 2 episodes of Food Wars was cringy torture. lmao. But it's a good anime. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 22:01:48 )
@Koah: Yeah... exactly. Too many other things just seem to have a higher priority rating than doing art. Fortunately for me, that's starting to change, but it's still not quite enough sometimes...

Koah:
Getting past the first 2 episodes of Food Wars was cringy torture. lmao. But it's a good anime. XD
YES!!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 23:27:44 )
@Wildfire: My son mentioned wanting to go back to public school, it made me realize that it might be a good idea- however, I also need to try and get him out of the house more.
So we went to the library today for a couple of hours and the ladies there are so awesome. They pulled crafts out for him to do and talked to me about co-op options in the area.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 23:45:32 )
@Wildfire: My absolute favorite anime is Shimoneta. I can re-watch that series and laugh every time. It's a 'raunchy' anime. Sort of. yeah. it is.
My second favorite is Dagashi Kashi. It's almost a Slice of Life. I Love candy and relatable mom-pop shop stories. <3 It's got like 5% of Food Wars food-gasm scenes. Overall Dagashi Kashi is my go-to for relaxing anime tv.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 23:59:28 )
...I was cooking. We have a full house today and the boys are hungry! XD

@Koah: Oh, that's so cool that the librarians were able to help you out with that stuff! I would definitely suggest that you find a co-op and make a point of going - even if it's for one silly class... or even just for lunch! :3 Other places to check are local state/county parks, museums, aquariums, zoos, community centers, maybe even the local YMCA, etc. Depending on what the homeschool scene is like in your area, some of these places may offer homeschool classes, educational fieldtrips, etc.

I don't think I've even heard about either of those animes... but I'll make a point of watching for them now. :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/6 00:27:49 )
@Wildfire: full house is a good thing! I wish there was another adult here right now. The upstairs fridge is leaking again, so our game room ceiling is dripping. T^T
I can't move the upstairs fridge to dry the ground underneath it until someone else gets here. Another hour or so and people will be coming home.

I did some digging for local homeschool classes and whatnot. Some of the good stuff, museums, kids clubs, etc are in the city an hour out.
One librarian that wasn't there today is the one I should really talk to about the local co-ops. The librarian today informed me that there's a pretty big homeschooling community in town and she's aware they co-op and do music, etc. So I just need to a way to get my foot in the door with that group.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/6 00:55:49 )

@Koah: True, but I find myself to pause a lot when it does happens...

I actually watched one episode with my brother once and he's a fan if Food Wars. The way they react to certain foods on that anime is especially raunchy. Huge wtf moment for me xD

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/6 14:20:26 )
@Koah: Oh no! I hope you got the fridge thing figured out!

Yes, the co-ops, etc. - find one "in" and suddenly everything else will open up for you. I'm happy to hear there's a pretty big community in your area - it should make things easier for you and more enjoyable for your son if he gets to hang out with a few other homeschool kids in the area :3

@Purpsy: Oh yes! The first few episodes of Food Wars had us all literally LOLing with the reactions to the food tastings! It really is a good anime though

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/6 14:22:55 )

Good morning folks.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.