Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 14:15:37 )

hewwo

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 14:32:03 )
Hey you. How are you today?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 14:34:55 )

I'm doing pretty good.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 14:37:13 )
Oh that's good. How's Mom doing?

................... I just realized today was Saturday. My sense of time and timing has been so screwed up this week!!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 14:38:44 )

She's still in pain. But proud of herself for managing a shower.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 14:40:00 )
That can be a pretty big step, actually. :3
How are you holding up?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 14:42:00 )

I'm holding up alright. Absolutely hating riding with my brother to work.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 14:43:08 )
That's a change from before, then? Is this to get you to the bus, or all the way to work? What don't you like about it?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 14:44:56 )

To the bus on weekdays and all the way on weekends.

My brother and I do not get along at all. He's kind of a dick.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 14:46:45 )

@Wildfire: Well... *takes the *
I passed out for three hours around 8 but on the most part, I did kind of sleep on time...

How's your morning fairing so far?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 15:31:28 )
@Another Movie Addict: yeah, I completely get that! I'm sorry, though. I know it's tough dealing with family sometimes.

@Purpsy: so you're getting back to a regular pattern. That's good.

My day is ok so far, thanks. I'm currently trying to figure out what to do today. It's overcast and supposed to rain, so some options aren't... Optional. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 15:41:32 )

@Wildfire: Well trying to yes xD
Ah I guess no gardening today? While it's blindingly sunny here lmao

Well I'm done with my DV dailies so I prob need to take a shower soon and finally get started on some chores I've been avoiding lmao, then draw later.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 18:08:39 )
@Purpsy: Well, I was just outside separating out a snake plant into babies and baby containers...

I recruited the family to help me do a quick clean of the house. It's amazing how quickly that goes when everyone chips in and helps :3 Good luck with your chores.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 18:19:20 )
@Q t e a p o n: Oh hey there! How are you?
... that's more cleaning and organizing that *I* want to do right now (but I really should)!! XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 18:25:23 )
@Q t e a p o n: I'm doing ok, thanks :3 I'm currently hiding from a little rain and the after-effects of being outside (pollen).
LOL! I do the same thing with clothes... it's hard not to, tbh. I should just buy another dresser or something, but that seems silly when I only need certain seasonal clothing for a short period of time every year...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 18:40:52 )

@Wildfire: I wish my family can work together like that but when things gets rough it becomes a pettiness war among my family...

Oh I didn't know that is called a snake plant :3
I can see why though and a perfect plant to grow too, seems low maintenance. I think the voltran peeps are going to make a gardener out of me someday...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 18:46:28 )
@Purpsy: That's unfortunate. I don't often ask for the help, but it just makes things so much easier... but I've also been drilling in to their heads for years now the idea of "we all live here, we are all responsible for how it looks, etc." and "I'm not your maid".

Yes, those plants are very easy to grow...I have them growing everywhere (outside) it seems! XD They are supposed to help clean the air inside the house too, if I remember correctly. Maybe I'll replant a small (piece of) one and bring it inside. I'd have to find a spot for it though...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 19:03:08 )

@Wildfire: *claps* Now that's parenting done right. Felt like cleaning here is a gender thing which is something I've come to realize recently. Not saying my parents are complete sexist is just a matter of old traditions I guess. If I were a mother and had a son I would drill the same thing on his head. Since I've seen a lot to my brother that he has a hard time cleaning after himself since not long ago my mother expects me to clean after his mess until I set my foot down and said no lol. Sorry for the rant.

That would make sense why I see those snake plants often everywhere and those can grow really large right? I've seen them at my neighbor's home before.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 19:21:13 )
@Purpsy: I tried. It didn't always work, but they seem to understand that they are responsible for their own messes. They have been doing their own laundry since they were about 10yrs old and their part of the house (their bedrooms are next to each other, with a bathroom there) is their responsibility to keep clean. They're horrible at that, tbh, but I've tried to instill in them the idea of "family unit = family responsibilities, working together", etc.

Most of the snake plants I have are a couple of feet tall... unless they're in a pot, in which case they tend to be not quite so tall.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/5 20:09:24 )
@Q t e a p o n: Yeah, pollen is not much fun to deal with. I think it's the oak trees that are blooming and dropping bits all over the place here right now. I'm glad it's cooler today and overcast... I suspect it's keeping the levels down more than they would be otherwise :3

Yeah, true. I have far too many clothes, but it's really hard to trim it down to a reasonable level right now. :(

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.