Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 16:31:10 )
@Wildfire: Did you finish your other rug? :3

Good Morning.
I disappeared yesterday to enjoy outside time with my kiddo. Then once my other kid got off the bus, she wanted to be outside with the neighbor kids. So I let my kids loose to go play outside with the neighborhood kids. It made me teary-eyed to see a herd of kids just adventure off into the trees. Some carrying sticks and others just chit-chatting.
@Purpsy: It's only my second year here in this area and last year this time was the same. :c Locals are like "Oh the last couple of years have been weird ones- expect lots of snow!" and now I'm confused on what to expect. XD Gimme your snow! I know the rules of snow!

@Totalanimefan: Basically, I've just been collecting my favorite stuff on voltra. I still haven't taken the time to look back through the price guide and really see what I'm missing out on. I'm scared if I see something cool, it'll be unfindable.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 16:45:05 )

★彡 @Koah: I'm sorry but the weather is pretty similar here. The snow comes and goes here for a past few years but not this winter. It came and went ham! You can have the remain of the melting snow here and with a hint of dirty filthy slush (•ө•)♡

Ah that reminds me of my childhood. Good times and good for the kids <3 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 16:47:26 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Yep it was nice ^^
But came back with a runny nose though. I guess I'm still not a hundred percent better haha...

How's your morning fairing? 彡★

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 16:52:14 )
@Purpsy: I think I got emotional because kids-these-days [lmao], really don't choose to go outside and adventure. ya know?
actually, you keep that snow. lol. I'm allergic to snow mold- The crap that festers beneath the snow, so once it melts it's yucky slushy moldy goop.
I think I started my garden last year in April, and it was definitely too early. but I also had zero idea of what I was doing. XD wingin' it because I'd never had a garden before.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 16:59:48 )

★彡 @Koah: Very true, I've seen toddlers with their own tablets these days... is quite concerning. At least our generation, despite growing up with technology, I still had a somewhat normal childhood.

Yup went for a walk yesterday and I'm lucky I owned some good waterproof boots (^▽^;)
Dealing with the changing seasons does that to you. I can't even safely dry my clothes outside my balcony until late May. Is best to just wait it out a little bit, especially when gardening. 彡★

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 17:24:47 )
@Purpsy: Chistmas at my house was interesting. It was fun. I did have some boxes arrive from distant family for my kids. My kids ended up with 2 tablet pillows each. So we have 4 tablet pillows and no tablets.
I kinda realized then that it's just an assumption now that kids under 8 have technology.
Growing up with the growth of the internet definitely gave us an advantage. :3

waterproof boots is the best for that crappy snow. I once wanted to look hot for a date, so I wore heels. Would not recommend that choice in sloshy weather. lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 17:28:00 )
@Totalanimefan: you're right. I think my thoughts are more on the fact that the people who have some of those old items are no longer online, so it's unlikely I'll be able to find a seller.
That's why I don't look back and drool over pretty old items.
On the last site I claimed as my Avi-forum home, the site was dying by the time I finally got enough of a rare old item to make a full set. I only needed 4 and it took me some 3 years, I think, to get 4 of the same item.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 17:36:52 )
@Koah: Yes, the other one is finished... well, I still need to hand-sew a couple spots where I missed with the sewing machine, but yes, it's done. Now I'm on to another. :3

I'm so glad your neighborhood has kids that yours can play with! It's a nice feeling, isn't it? <3 I'm glad you had a chance to spend some time outside too! :3 It sounds like you had a good day.

@Purpsy: lol... a runny nose from being outside in the cold does not mean that you have a cold (or anything else) - it just means that you were out in the cold and your body is trying to keep up and protected!

@Totalanimefan: LOL. I get it. There's just something about the local sports teams that you grew up with, isn't there?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 17:55:47 )
@Wildfire: I over-did it yesterday. I was not successful in getting my son worn out. lol. We hiked a mile or two. Went to the park. Then was relieved the neighbor kids got together after the bus dropped them off. Both my kids had super high energy until they both passed out at bedtime.
By the time my husband got home, I was so burnt out I couldn't even keep a conversation going. Cx
Now my legs feel like elastic bands ready to snap. uhg, this pregnancy. e.e
HOWEVER, yesterday was good aside from my whining. lol

I'm curious to see if you'll end up with another wobble as you make a second rug. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 18:18:34 )

★彡 @Koah: Yep it is somehow expected for kids nowadays. But I do know one young parents that limits his 2 year old son internet privileges, the boy owns a lot of toys than a tablet the last I check. Which I think is good for the kid especially in such a young age, he does love his toy reviews on youtube though lol.

Ah yeah... that's not the best idea ever xD
I don't think you should wear high heels on winter weather, that is an ankle breaker right there. 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 18:20:23 )

★彡 @Wildfire: True, but to be honest it wasn't that cold and I don't get runny nose that easily. And I overdress and was sweating when I came back x.x 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 18:32:56 )
@Koah: There are a couple wobbles but I think this fabric will deal with it better overall, and I think it'll be a pretty good rug... if I can ever get it done... my sewing machine just ... stopped. I don't know why but it's obviously a mechanical thing. *sigh*

Streeeeetttttch yourself, girlie! It sounds like you could use a nice hot tub or sauna and some simple stretching or very gentle yoga! <3

@Purpsy: I still think it was the activity more than your recent bout with illness, but I also am a firm believer in listening to your intuition and your body with things like this, so with that said, you would definitely have a better idea for the cause than I would. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 18:36:08 )
My day is not going as planned today... >.> I'm seriously thinking of taking a nap with the dog in front of the tv (because the boy dog cuddling with me is inevitable if I sit or lie down on the couch)...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 18:49:37 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I guess my family was never that invested in professional sports to get terribly attached to one team or another, then I moved around enough as an adult where I wasn't sure what team to root for - lol! XD I never really ever watched much basketball (the Celtics - lol)... for some reason though, I still have a soft spot for the Philadelphia Eagles and the Tampa Bay Bucs... on the very rare occasion we watch football around here.

Yeah, I think the couch -and the dog- are calling. XD ...soon...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 18:56:07 )
@Totalanimefan: lol - yeah, I can see that. I think my stepson watches more sports than the rest of us. I think we'd rather play the sport than watch the sport, as a general rule... or at least until some sports mishaps happened and until the kids got older and grew away from some of the typical sports (and in to things like riding horses).

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 20:03:06 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Yep, but I do all of the sudden have sore muscles right now and I'm not sure why...
Awe but doggy just wants to cuddle x3 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 20:07:19 )
@Purpsy: Well, I would think that the sore muscles are because you were sick and probably wasn't doing much, then you went for a walk. It's surprising, sometimes, how easy it can be to do something that gives you sore muscles. Have you tried stretching them out? I hope you're not too sore! :3

Boy dog always wants to cuddle! XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 20:13:57 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Hmm well actually when I got really sick all I've done is move around a lot. I just can't stand muscle aches so my stopid solution is to move around more xDD Well I did have to walk up and down the stairs earlier does that count as stretching?

True, give him some cuddles and a boop in the nose for me. I miss cuddling with dogs TwT 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 20:20:37 )
@Purpsy: Ahhh, ok. I feel ya there. I do that sometimes too, and I most definitely did with those muscle aches too, when I wasn't trying to get rid of them with a heating pad. Well, I'm sorry to hear you have some sore muscles... stretch! And no, walking the stairs doesn't count as stretching! XD

LOL - silly boy dog was just upside down on the couch, feet waving in the air. I booped him. He just looked at me....

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 20:32:21 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Alright alright I will (๑´ㅂ`๑)
Lol! Surprise boops are the best boops though~ 彡★

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.