Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 20:58:21 )
@Purpsy: lol, I find that genre of youtube so funny. Kids watching kids open toys or watching reviews. Cx
I try and navigate my kids to watch 'how to' videos of stuff I cant teach them. So they watch a lot of video game how-tos and how-to-draw stuff. :d

@Totalanimefan: I was an early Gaian. I left when my account got hacked. I have an account now and pop on there sometimes. I did request to get my stuff back from my old account, but I gave up because their ticket system must be backlogged for months or years. o_o'

@Wildfire: lol. I just wanna nap, but it's another beautiful day outside. I really want to sweep my back patio and fill in some dog holes in the yard. XD
Are you sticking to a color theme with your new rug? C:

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 21:16:01 )
I am so baffled by this Weather!!!
There's BEES. beees. The heck. We got bugs and bees out and my dogs are shedding. o_o

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 21:38:06 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yep.so i think i just can't do any personal art for a while lol.

it may not be that old to be 60 and work but his last job really messed him up physically.
and i almost don't want him to work because i already lost one parent.
i can't afford to lose another to covid or something else.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 21:48:34 )
@Purpsy: lol. I agree. Even if the dog doesn't acknowledge it! XD

@Totalanimefan: We were always active... Well, until the last couple of years anyway /eyeroll/... I'm sorry you didn't have an active family- I think it makes things more fun and it's a good way to connect with each other if you're playing or competing together

@Koah: I was an early Gaian too- left when they wrongly froze my main account. It was the last straw after dealing with all the other BS.
Well, it depends on what you're asking- this rug doesn't clash with the last one but it's not quite the same color scheme either. This time I got a couple of this "make your own blanket" sets, cheap, shredded them, and an using that for the rug. It's mostly charcoal gray with some white and pink, and it's only the three pieces of blanket... No other materials. If the sewing machine hasn't broken, I'd probably be done with it now.

Bees!! (Here too- just not today because it's cold and rainy)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 21:50:09 )
@MoodyB: yes, and it's a recent loss too. :( Maybe he can find something to do remotely from home? What was his last job?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 21:53:00 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: last job was working at fedex for a truck delivery guy.
and it's how he ended up getting pneumonia, he had fallen off the back of the truck before.
so it was physically bad for him.

we're hoping. He has some of his friends from his congregation looking into jobs.
but so far nothing has come up for him. and he doesn't want to deliver packages anymore.

so im just currently, trying to improve my work with bad tech and hoping for the best lolol.
as i can't work due to all of my mental illnesses make it near impossible.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 22:12:35 )
@MoodyB: I hope somebody comes up with something for him to do soon. It doesn't sound like FedEx was a good thing- eek! So what are you doing to try to make money with the drawing- commissions, still? Or anything else?

@Totalanimefan: lol. Yeah, I get that and yes it does! So what do you do other than walk and bike around the city? Do you have a regular exercise routine or program?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 22:19:00 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I do commissions, I make merch like stickers.
i think the sticker thing is better than commissions tbh.
i fail at marketing myself XDD

tho i am also in between doing studies like painting portraits to improve my work.
and overall learning painting for a better option.
but i also have fanart pieces that may help get some visibility on my work. maybe lol.
idk when i'll finish that tho as i ended up not liking how it looked.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/8 22:50:24 )
@MoodyB: it sounds like you have expanded a little since the last time we chatted about what you are doing. How is it going?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/9 00:02:27 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: its not really going far lol
but maybe one day it will.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/9 00:26:44 )
@MoodyB: maybe one day. Maybe one day soon. <3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/9 02:07:56 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: im not hopeful it'll be soon.
for now im just doing smaller studies like using 2 values for studies.

and just practicing

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/9 13:42:51 )
@MoodyB: Sometimes that's all you can do - practice and keep working at your goal.

@Totalanimefan: Weights are good :3 I always feel stronger when I do weights in addition to whatever other things I'm doing at a given time... and yeah, this stupid pandemic has not been good for anyone's health, in any way - and not just because of the virus! :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/9 13:48:42 )

Good morning.
I was supposed to meet a friend and go for a walk this morning but I'm chickening out... it's cold out there! /whimpers/ - lol! XD It is actually a little on the chilly side of things, but I have a couple other time-sensitive things to take care of this morning and they can't be postponed any longer. It does mean that I'll need to brave the outside anyway, but I won't be outside longer than getting to and from the car... not nearly as long as it would be walking around with my friend. And I'm babbling. I blame it on spontaneously waking 100% up at 5am. /sigh/ I see a nap in my future... or much more caffeine. Or both. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/9 15:57:34 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I know that feeling too, unfortunately. It sounds like it's time for both of us to hit the weights again regularly!!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/9 16:32:33 )
@Wildfire: I'd love a pic of your new rug.
I was on Gaia so much and was so dedicated. The growth was fun to be a part of. Then the market went to poop and I got hacked. [turned out to be my best friend in RL]. I found other sites after that and didn't want my bestie in RL to be a part of my world online.

@Totalanimefan: I'm not too worried about getting my stuff back on Gaia. I looked back at the market value of the things I cherished most and I could afford them. However, my heart isn't on Gaia. When I do log in now, I jump into CB for a bit, change my avi, and basically come back here to Voltra. lol.

Good Morning.

I slept with my glasses on and now it's incredibly hard to get the smudges off. =3=

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/9 16:47:58 )
@Totalanimefan: I was reading and just passed out last night. :O
My glasses are pretty lightweight. This is honestly the first time I've ever slept with them on. I woke up cursing. My husband's like "huh, you slept with your glasses on."
I gave him that 'no-sh--' face.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/9 19:21:40 )
@Koah: Yeah, I don't have my RL friends as friends online either... there's just something about that I don't like.
Smudged glasses are no fun - I hope you managed to get them clean!

@Totalanimefan: Ditto - we can definitely do that but I probably won't start anything new until next week...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/9 19:28:53 )
@Koah: You asked, so...
Beware - huuuuuuge photos!

I think I posted that one before. It's finished except for me sewing up a couple holes where I missed with the sewing machine. This one is not quite 4'x5' in size.

This one is partly sewn... and will stay that way until I manage to get the sewing machine fixed. This photo is just a "dry fit" of laying it out to see how big it's likely to be, etc. - it's not sewn in this photo...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/02/9 21:38:03 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes, I made those myself, by hand (with the help of a sewing machine... and a dog or two - lol). There are a couple other rugs running around too - my mom stole one and if you look closely at the first photo with the dogs, you can see the small one that I did first... it's completely upcycled old PJs, tshirts, socks, etc.

Ok - deal! Next week we'll start. I will probably start with yoga and pilates and some body-weight exercises instead of pure weight-lifting type workouts :3 I'm glad you got out for a walk - it's a little warmer here right now (60s, I think) but it sounds like similar weather... and it's perfect for a walk or something along those lines! <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.