Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:48:44 )
@Mathonwy: Oh I hate when I run out of time and have to stop midstory. Then all night or day you are worried about what happened in the story.

I hope you get to find out soon what happened.

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:54:05 )

@Mathonwy: Zucchini bread is so easy, too! It's really really good. I did have to break down and buy a box grater so I could grate the zucchini though, lol. Totally worth it!

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:02:18 )
@rei ann: I should have brought it! No worries, though.

@cooperationiskey: I get obsessed with all those necessary kitchen gadgets! I got a stand mixer finally with a bread hook and it made life so easy.

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:05:08 )

@Mathonwy: I love kitchen gadgets. And oooh I'm so jealous. I've wanted a KitchenAid stand mixer for YEARS but they're so expensive. ;3; They're a dream purchase for real, though!
Please ping me!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:08:07 )
@Mathonwy: What story or book where you reading?

@CooperationIsKey: I only have a kitchenaid, cause it was agift. I love them so much. It makes baking cheesecakes so much easier.

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:09:46 )
@cooperationiskey: It took me about 10 years to bother getting one for the same reason, but it's a true game changer! I can't recommend it enough. Same with my Cuisinart food processor. Pie crusts are like 5 times easier to make with a food processor, everything is so quick.

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:12:11 )
@rei ann: I'm in the middle of Lud-in-the-Mist by
Hope Mirrlees. I can hardly put it down! Kind of like a proto-fantasy novel from the early 20th century.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:25:19 )
@Mathonwy: Oh. I've not heard of that story.

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:27:37 )
@rei ann: I highly recommend if you like fantasy/fairy tale stuff!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:30:24 )
@Mathonwy: I'll have to look into it one day. I work so much, that most of my time for reading, is just online comics.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 00:56:40 )

Questing :
Demonic | Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence: |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: ah i'm the youngest girl, but my brother's the youngest of my mum's kids 'nods'. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 13:23:37 )
@Rei Ann: lol at the mailbox! I guess it's a good thing that at least you don't have to worry about fixing that too ('cuz they can be a small project) and again, I really hope the damage to your car isn't severe or complicated (or expensive)!

@Mathonwy: Now that is a neat little factoid about yourself!! Apples and orchards! <3 ... and then on to music as a "love"... and weird instruments to boot! XD I like you! :3 <3 I'm sorry to hear about losing your hair due to chemo/radiation but I'm really happy to hear that you're on the mend; cancer is a horrible thing to have to deal with. I actually just lost a friend to it yesterday :( (I'm ok - and she's "better now" too)

Hmm... me... well, I love apples but I'm not overly particular about them, tbh and I'm certain there are a ton of varieties that I've missed experiencing just because of how markets tend to work with limiting varieties that end up on the shelves, despite my efforts to try new things over the years. My musical tastes are eclectic and usually involve almost any genre (there are a couple that I'm not overly fond of, but even there, there are exceptions). I don't really play anything, though. My last attempt was self-teaching ukulele but that has fizzled out...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 13:32:25 )
@Koah: LOL- Congratulations on getting all the groceries you need! XD I know that feeling... I always left the kids at home (I still do 99% of the time) because that was the only way for me to keep my train of thought together long enough (even with a list) to actually get stuff to make real meals with! :3

@CooperationIsKey: Oh, that doesn't sound good. Random pains are no fun at all!! :/
My day was ok, thanks. It was quiet and a little melancholic, tbh, but I took two long walks and worked on a couple little crafty things, and it was a decent-enough day. :3

@star2000shadow: Aaaah... so the youngest, but not the youngest! :3 Gotta love modern family dynamics, huh? XD I'm the eldest period, no matter how you form or reform my family dynamics and it has honestly been years since I've even thought about it/them.

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 14:09:50 )
@wildfire: I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. =( But you're right. It's over now, at least. I have had "survivor's guilt" about all these things. The hair was a bargain for me, and even the bad side effects. May she rest in peace, my friend. <3

I like you, too! =D I would give you a whole plethora of apples to try! I give them out to friends and coworkers when I travel around locally to different orchards. I introduced them to 40 varieties this year! It brings me so much joy to see someone try Ananas Reinette or Ben Davis and taste an apple that tastes like pineapple, or Sweet Sixteen that tastes like black licorice, or MN55 cultivar which tastes like cantaloupe. It was a good year for getting my hands on different things!

I listen to a lot of folk music and traditional music, mostly from Wales and the Baltic region. At my last recital I played a Welsh song, accompanying myself on psaltery, and a Finnish song that someone accompanied me on accordion. I listen to early music as well, medieval and Renaissance stuff. Otherwise, I listen to a lot of goth rock/post punk/dark wave. The Sisters of Mercy used to be my favorite band, but I've been obsessed lately with a band called The Birthday Massacre. I think I've been listening to one of their albums every day for the past month! XD

You should stick with ukelele! On psaltery, I have like 40 songs I play with just three to five chords, so you can do more than you think! ^_^

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 18:56:28 )
@Wildfire: Yeah, it was a hassle to install the mailbox the first time, so a second time wouldn't be fun. After a few inches of topsoil it's all clay and sand, so maybe that's why it stayed so well.

I will know tomorrow, I hope. How is your weekend going?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 18:59:27 )
@Mathonwy: Thank you. She was truly a wonderful person - survived 4.5 years after her initial terminal diagnosis and got to see her boys become young men... and she is at peace now <3
... and no survivor's guilt for you! There are so many better ways to spend your time and energy than in that pointless exercise! :3 I hope you're "good to go", going forward with your own diagnosis...??

Oh, I would definitely be "in" for an Apple Tasting! XD <3

... and you have some interesting taste in music! <3 I haven't heard of The Birthday Massacre, but I'm with ya on the rock/post punk/dark wave type stuff, overall! :3 ... but then again, I was listening to Billie Holiday in the car on the way home from errands just now ... XD

The ukulele is taunting me... but I will pick it back up when I get a chance. I usually have too many responsibilities and hobbies and interests going on to begin with, without adding the ukulele back to the mix at the moment.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 19:03:59 )
@Rei Ann: I forget... are you another Floridian? Your description of the "soil" sounds like it!! XD Well, at least you don't have to replace the mailbox.

My weekend is going ok, all things considered, thanks. It's a little bit of a weird weekend, tbh... being supportive of friends who need it, while also taking care of myself and trying to get some crafts done... /shrug/

... and right now, apparently hubby is going to take me out to get a burger for a late lunch :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 19:12:36 )
@Wildfire: I use to live in Florida, but I'm in Maryland. So still on the East Coast.

Oh crafting sounds fun and getting a burger.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 19:30:03 )
@wildfire: I will do my best! =) I'm in full remission now, getting CT scans every 4 months. My next one is in January, and my oncologist thinks my chances are really good that the metastatic lesions won't recur. I was stage IIIc, so it was rough for a while last year with multiple surgeries and four cycles of platinum-based chemo. We were very aggressive with it, and I was fortunate enough to have a fairly treatable kind of cancer even though the treatments were tough. I'm really lucky though because I had family support. My housemate drove me five days a week back and forth to the hospital for infusions. I really hope it's over. It took such a toll on EVERYONE and I don't want to put anyone through that again, never mind myself.

I recommend you check out The Birthday Massacre! It's so rare for me to get excited about bands these days, so they feel special to me.

The ukulele beckons, mwah ha ha! XD
It's just your friendly apple maiden!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/6 20:17:46 )
@Rei Ann: East Coast is awesome ;)
LOL. I don't usually associate sand + clay in MD, but yeah, now that I think about it, it makes sense (and of course, I believe you when you say that's what your soil type is)

@Mathonwy: oh good! I'm happy to hear you're in full remission, with good chances going forward! <3
I will definitely check out The Birthday Massacre... given our similar tastes in musical preferences, plus, like you, not really getting excited about a lot of the newer music or bands... Yeah, I'll look them up! :3 Thanks for the tip!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.