Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 17:38:17 )
@Ava: Your morning sounds great! I'm curious about the candy cane pie. I've never seen one.
My family makes the same simple meal every Christmas. It's a tradition, I guess. Now that I'm living on my own and raising my own family, I'm holding up that tradition.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 17:55:57 )
@Ava: oh my gosh, that sounds so sweet. It sounds like a cheesecake, but peppermint. I'd try it. I do enjoy sweet things.

My family had more children than they could afford, so the tradition was sort of a food-potluck with whatever cheap meals they could make that could feed a hoard of people. My mom always made Swedish food [which was recipes handed down from my grandparents- I'm in the U.S.]
Now I make Swedish food to feed hoards of people, but it's more for friends that don't have Christmas plans that I invite to come over.

I think not having plans around the holidays is the best way to go about enjoying the season. The stress isn't there to make it perfect.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 19:52:11 )
"Dino Kairu in his natural habitat..

@Wildfire: today's plan

drink coffee

finish friday task work

xD

Nomming all da cookies likes nobodys business..." -uwu- - Kairu OC
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 20:09:52 )
@sunny: lol. How are you today?

@Koah: good morning. :)

@Ava: oh, you're quite welcome :3 Candy cane pie? -- that definitely sounds interesting!

@Kairu: that sounds like good planz for the day, even if you're a day early for finishing friday's tasks! :3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 20:14:28 )
@Wildfire: How's your day going?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 20:16:00 )
I don't know that we really have any holiday traditions here... well, actually we have a couple: The kids get new PJs and a small toy on Christmas eve... We used to bake cookies, have eggnog and listen to holiday music while trimming the tree, but that seems to have died over the last couple of years... and Christmas day is usually whatever I feel like cooking, which usually includes a turkey and a handful of sides, but nothing too crazy because really, we end up snacking all day - cinnamon rolls with coffee in the morning is a tradition here, and the food just "happens" otherwise. If people want to come over, they come over. If they don't, they don't. But it's usually pretty small and very casual - PJs, food, movies, gifts, more food...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 20:17:35 )
@Koah: Hey Koah. It's going. I'm tired and my stomach has been a little wonky all day, but we've cleaned up the house, decorated the outside a little bit, I did more laundry, I cleaned up the bird feeders and put out more food for them... it has been productive. How is your day going?

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 20:28:39 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

My art program got an update today
and i can now download PhotoShop brushes and use them in Clip Studio Paint and i couldn't be happier.

I consider this an early b-day gift lol. :vanora_xd:

It also has a timelapse feature but still figuring out that...:vanora_sweat:

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 20:41:00 )
@MoodyB: Oh that sounds like it could be fun to play with - and it definitely sounds like you're enjoying it! I'm glad! :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 20:42:24 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I downloaded a ton of brush sets.
around 5 or 6. so I can play around with those later today.

Timelapse i am going to see if i can do it and somehow
get it onto my IG or twitter.
as I am very curious about it.

But yeah super excited about the new features of it.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 20:44:58 )
@MoodyB: You'll have to tell me about the timelapse feature when you get it figured out! :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 20:53:20 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: Definitely. I played with a little bit of it but not entirely sure
if i have to export it when i finish.

So after some afternoon stuff my family has to do
i'll definitely play around with it more and tell you how it goes.

tho i def now recommend getting CSP cause using PS brushes is a huge game-changer.
CSP brushes i struggle with finding what i like.
so it helps me out a ton.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 20:57:13 )
@MoodyB: Good to know. I'm currently not using either of those programs and what I do digitally tends not to make use of brushes, but that's good to know!

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 20:59:28 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: If you ever get more into digital i'd definitely go for CSP.
Mostly because it's just 1 payment. it's around $40 but it goes on sale a lot around $20.
And all updates are free.

I'm as you know a big digital artist.
I've honestly tried every program out there pretty much.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 21:24:15 )

@Wildfire: I'm good thanks. We didn't go out on my mum's scooter because it was raining all day :( we will probably go out tomorrow. How was your day?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 22:20:26 )
@MoodyB: Yes, I've heard some good things about it and I have friends who use it. I just don't for whatever reason. :3

@sunny: Awwww, no test run? :( Tomorrow, hopefully!
My day was ok, thanks - busy, productive, and tiring, but it has been a good day all in all so far. How was yours other than rainy and non-scooter-y??

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 22:24:01 )

@Wildfire: That's good to hear that you were productive! That's always a good thing.
My day was pretty empty and depressing tbh, but I'm writing now so all is well XD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 22:25:23 )
@sunny: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that your day wasn't the most pleasant! ...but yay for writing?!! Hopefully tomorrow will be better for you! <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 22:33:47 )

@Wildfire: Thanks, I hope so too. There's nothing specifically wrong, just a general feeling of depression. Probably because I have not been sleeping well at all :/

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/10 22:52:51 )
@Wildfire: Your day sounds great. <3 I got my kids done with school by noon today. So that was an accomplishment. However, I burned out a little from that. I took a shower and then got on a phone call with my mom. My sister is a snitch and told my mom that I drink. So I got an ear full about drinking. =3=
I'm a grown adult. omg, I snapped back and said something along the lines of "Well, I drink less now than I did living with you." and she scoffed. I definitely put a log on that fire instead of putting it out. lmao. worth it.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.