Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/28 21:36:40 )
@Totalanimefan: oh - that's a cute avatar!

I understand what you mean about the cleaning. Sometimes you need to motivate yourself differently in order to get through it.

I haven't checked the temperature here - it's hot enough that I was literally dripping within 5 minutes of being outside. Fortunately the humidity is down, or it would be truly insane

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/28 22:50:03 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, old pets are a lot of work. I'm sorry you're going through that. :(

Ok, my phone says it's only 90*F out there...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/28 23:26:31 )
@Totalanimefan: lol...yeah only 90* You lived here. You know exactly what I mean, and what that temperature really means! XD

Ugh. That's nasty. I wish you could do diapers for him; I know you said that doesn't work though. You've looked at preemie diapers? Or even on "DIY" cloth diapers? Even that might be better than dealing with messes all over the house.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 00:21:24 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I know - I get it. And it is funny. I actually thought the same thing as I was hitting the "submit" button XD

LOL... no... 5 pound dogs are just not something I'll be doing.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 00:31:49 )

Florida is a conundrum for me: I love the rain but I hate the humidity!

Also I could pass on the hurricanes, lol.

I lived in Los Angeles and tbh I was less afraid of the possible earthquakes for some reason. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 00:33:38 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes, the summer thunderstorm pattern has started. About 15 minutes ago the skies went from sunny to overcast, actually. I'm surprised it hasn't rained yet tonight. There are some low rumbles in the distance and the dog is cowering ...someplace...

Are we already up to 4 named storms?? Wow. That doesn't usually really start for another month.

Awww... poor puppy!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 00:35:38 )
@CooperationIsKey: You're in the same area as I am (for all I know, you live down the street - lol!) ... are you seeing these clouds right now?
The heat is one thing - the humidity another. It's the humidity that makes it really rough to deal with.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 00:47:40 )
@Totalanimefan:
@CooperationIsKey:
Granted, I haven't spent a lot of time in California, but I think I'd rather deal with tropical storms and the occasional hurricane than earthquakes. At least you have several days warning with the storms. The last time I checked, earthquakes don't give you warning ;) There's some potential natural disaster to deal with pretty much regardless of where you live - hurricanes, earthquakes, volcano, blizzards, mud slides, etc. Life is not safe or predictable, regardless of how much we might like it to be or how much we might like to think we can control different aspects of living... /shrug/

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 00:48:29 )
@Totalanimefan: ... and that's funny -and unusual- about the dog. He really didn't recognize his first people?? Wow.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 00:56:00 )

@Wildfire: It was looking a bit ominious when I was out with the dog earlier, but I haven't looked outside in a bit. o3o

Okay I went outside and got the mail and had a look; mostly from here I see the edge of the front that came through (or another one that's gonna? Not sure, I haven't looked at the radar and my internal compass sucks lol).

And yeah, it got just as hot in Los Angeles but at least that was a desert, and dry. XD

@Totalanimefan: I never lived through a major earthquake, just little shakers that were kind like the house hitting some turbulence lmao. I really didn't fear "the big one," I think because it was so completely out of our control and there's no way to know when it'll happen really. And lol, I haven't driven at all since moving to Florida since I don't have a car anymore, but I got used to L.A. driving for the most part. You learn to be aggressive because if you aren't, you aren't going anywhere!

I think because of my anxiety, the impending "there's a storm definitely coming" bothers me more than "something might fall off a shelf tonight as the building hits some bumps in the road" lol.

Actually that reminds me of some weird dreams I've had where the house I'm in is actively moving down the road. Or falling down. Sometimes both.

I really gotta start that dream diary.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 01:32:07 )
@CooperationIsKey: yeah, those storm nerves can be stressful and exhausting (I feel them too), but even if there's a storm coming, until it actually hits, there's always a good chance it'll go somewhere else, and there's always things you can do to secure yourself - shutters, etc. Then it's just a big hot thunderstorm XD

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 01:40:28 )

@Wildfire: I suppose that's true. The house I live in is pretty solid, too, doesn't even lose power during storms other than a brief dimming (we're on like an emergency circuit of some kind). So I'm not very scared of storms although I guess a direct hit would be less than fun. :I

Please ping me!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 13:05:35 )

-rolls around thread-

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 13:40:44 )
@CooperationIsKey: yeah, a solid house certainly helps :3

@Another Movie Addict: *pokes at*

Good morning

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 13:42:00 )

Morning

no touchey

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 13:43:54 )
morning.
... it's not me being all touchy... it's the stick that I'm using...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 13:44:39 )

Okay, that I can handle.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 13:47:07 )
ok then. :3
it's too early for touchy-touchy.

lol - how are you doing this morning so far, AMA?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 13:47:48 )
~ Oh! Page 400! ~
that's fun. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 13:48:26 )

So far I'm doing pretty good.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.