Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 18:17:14 )
OHHH! I forgot about that show. It got really popular for a hot minute. =O I didn't watch it but it was viral on my FB.

I just found one of my dogs outside, I got no clue how she got outside. [kids probably] but I don't know how Long she's been out there. o_o'

Wildfire, I hope you get your tablet up and going, I want to hear your review on yours. :p

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 18:18:22 )
This is exactly

I really enjoyed the show, and when I discovered is was based on a book. Of course I just had to read the book.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 18:41:19 )
@Koah: Oh! Outside doggie :(
Thanks. I will set up the tablet. I just have so many other things that I'm trying to give my attention to first... which is fairly typical... the fun artwork gets shoved aside in favor of techie stuff and responsible stuff. -sigh-

@Another Movie Addict: expanding your genres is a good goal - it's just not one that I share right now and I don't know I'd ever want to read a book that somehow explains or justifies murder or stalking, etc.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 18:44:31 )
This is exactly

I can understand that. Right now I'm reading Confession of an Ugly Stepsister by the guy who wrote Wicked, the book the musical is based on.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 18:47:35 )
@Another Movie Addict: That stuff I enjoy reading and have read several of that genre. They can be interesting twists to the "same old well known tale"!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 18:49:14 )
This is exactly

My store had an employee appreciation day, where we're allowed to buy from our own store. And we had the three books from that author. Wicked, Mirror Mirror, and Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. So I got them. BUT. I have absolutely no where to put them.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 18:52:56 )
And that is why you're needing to spend some time organizing your room, right? I'm pretty sure I read Wicked years ago. I don't think I've read the others though

... I forgot to strip the bed when I was in the bedroom. -sigh- I guess I'll go do that now before I forget. Again.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 18:53:50 )
This is exactly

That is exactly why I need to spend some time reorganizing my room.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 18:55:00 )
Yet here you are, posting and playing on an event (not that I'm complaining or shooing you away! And even if I was, it would be more than a little hypocritical)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 18:56:01 )
I love twisted fantasy tales! :D I've heard of the third Wicked book. I never got around to finishing Wicked. I read the beginning a couple of times and I never stuck to it.
I have more books than shelf space. e.e'

My kids and dogs need extra attention today and all I wanna do is finish my art.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 18:56:21 )
This is exactly

Yep. Here I am not using my time before work, to be productive.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 19:06:19 )
@Koah: That's how I feel only instead of kids, it's things like laundry, and instead of art (although that's on my want list today!) it's getting this technology updated!!

@another movie addict: exactly my point. :P

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 21:58:37 )
strange that the daily event update [game] hasn't come out yet. :o I'm actually invested in the story. XD

I forgot to answer about the layering. I'm only doing a second layer right now, kind of doing the whole "trust the process" thing. I'm not sure if I like it, but I'd like to get around to making stickers and stuff, so I really need to figure out the layering technique stuff.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 22:18:20 )
Oh, no problem at all @Koah: I just figured I'd ask. Layers can be helpful or annoying - it's easy to get lost in the middle of them if you have too many (like I often do).

I installed the driver for my tablet. Now to start up the software and see what happens.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 22:37:54 )
@Wildfire: I'm excited to see what you draw with your new tablet. :p

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 22:39:47 )
thank you - so am I! <3
It's working. It seems like it will work out just fine :3
I think I'm going to do a submission for that Mirror Mirror contest, then go on to do an avatar art piece or two ;)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 23:08:21 )
Oh sweet! :D
The mirror mirror entries are rather intimidating, so I'm opting out of that one. I'm not dedicated enough to spend several hours on an art project. XD
I would love to see your work and see what you enter. :D
Every time I sit down to draw today, my kids demand my attention. or dogs. I'm burning out. My husband comes home in the next hour or so, and when he gets home- all chaos breaks out. e.e"
Today is not my day for me.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 23:43:09 )
Thanks Koah. My entry is embarrassing but I'm going to post it anyway. I think it has been longer than I thought since I've had a tablet to play with and obviously, there are tweaks to be made! Give me a minute to upload it and post it, then go see for yourself my mess! :3

I'm sorry you're having a rough day. Mine is a little chaotic too, but not necessarily in a bad way. I hope your evening gets better!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/17 23:48:59 )
Ok, it's horrible, but it's posted. -shrugs-
I need to go do something for dinner. I'll bbs-ish.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/18 00:04:19 )
I suspect I broke my toe this morning, but can't confirm without x-rays. Went to CVS Minute Clinic and got some instructions for care, so will see how that goes. If things get worse, obviously I'll go get x-rays and further consultation at another place, but not the ER since thankfully it's not that severe of an injury.

On the plus side, go me for making it 30 years without ever breaking a bone. xDDD IF it's broken, that is.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.