Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat in quarantine

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 22:14:48 )

UPDATE: 12/2/2020 - test results from 11/28 came back negative which were 1 week after exposure so it does seem that I am COVID free! still waiting for the remainder of my quarantine period to be safe. that ends friday.

yeah, I was exposed to the virus by a friend and I am currently quaratined in my room. I do live with people but I have not been around them a lot. I was exposed last Friday or Saturday. I got tested Monday and the results came back negative. I know it normally takes a few days to develop symptoms so I plan on getting tested again tomorrow since it would have almost been a week since exposure to see if that test comes back negative.

as for symptoms, i have not felt any symptoms other than sinus infection symptoms which I had begun to feel prior to being exposed...so i am hoping for the best.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 22:18:23 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Oh no, I'm hoping you don't have it
and it's just a sinus infection.

We found out yesterday my mom got the virus as they had a few patients in her nursing home who had it
and nursing homes unfortunately are kinda a hot spot for the virus.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 22:19:49 )

@MoodyB: oh no! I am sorry to hear that. My father was recently exposed from work. A few of his co-workers refuse to wear masks and nothing is being done to enforce it at work even though by government mandate, masks should be worn.

all of this is a mess.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 22:22:07 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Bonnie: That's terrible i'm so sorry.
I hope soon it'll get enforced to wear masks.

Everyone at my mom's nursing home has to and no visitors are allowed but
Hospice nurses do come in and out of there and no one really knows how they spend their free time
so that might how it got spread there.

I'm not sure how bad my mom has it but hoping it's not terrible or she is suffering in any way.
As far as I know they said her lungs were clear.

It really is. I think my state might be headed toward lockdown.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 22:26:45 )

@MoodyB: yeah, his test came negative but it is still scary that he has to go back to work with people who do not value life at all! I do hope your mom is okay; it's good that her lungs are clear.

yeah my state has closed down a bit; we aren't at a full lock down right now but more restrictions have been placed and bars are now closing.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 22:29:18 )

@Bonnie: I heard from a Drs office that you should get tested a week after exposure cause then you have enough in your system that can be detected on a test. I hope that you don't have it!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 22:35:59 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah, i just went ahead and got tested cause a few people we were with had already tested positive and had severe symptoms.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 22:45:25 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Bonnie: That's a relief it came out negative.
Yeah me too. We normally do zooms on mondays and wednesday and when they cancelled it, it was very weird
as everything was rather chaotic so it makes sense now.
When patients get COVID at my mom's nursing home they have to move them up to the third floor.

Yeah that's what our's is doing now. Bars close by 8pm, and only customers in restaurants can only 10% people in them.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 22:50:46 )

@Bonnie: I hope they end up ok. -internet hugs-

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 23:04:02 )

@MoodyB: oh yeah that is strange! i hope the patients are okay as well cause they are very vulnerable. if the bars don't serve food they have to close completely.
    @Totalanimefan: yess, i hope so too! i wanna go home with my family to put up the christmas tree; i was supposed to be there now.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 23:38:29 )

@Bonnie: if it makes you feel any better a lot of healthy families aren’t spending time together either this week. It’s too risky. I cancelled plans with my family.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 23:48:45 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah no i stayed home! when i do go visit home, i feel safe since my family has been very careful with the virus due to my grandfather. our holidays aren't very big either. there is never more than 20 people there even though our family is huge.

i am okay since i technically ate thanksgiving dinner with the family i live with. i just stayed in my room. but the food was delicious so i can't complain at all.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 23:50:08 )

Oh no, I am sorry to hear that! I hope you're OK! Let's hope the test comes back negative.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 23:50:51 )

@Bonnie: that’s nice. My dinner is almost ready. I’ll be eating it shortly.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 00:01:18 )

@sunny: yeah same here. my appointment to get tested a week after is tomorrow at 12:30.
    @Totalanimefan: yay! that's good. we have plenty of left overs so if i get hungry i'll most definitely eat those!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 00:25:44 )

@Bonnie: oh, good luck for tomorrow! I know those tests aren't pleasant :(

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 00:48:02 )

@Bonnie: nice! I just eat so I don’t even want to think about more food. Lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 03:30:36 )

@sunny: that most definitely is TRUE. i can handle it though. i heard from a lot of people that they would rather die than take the test and I am not one to call someone a wuss, but it was not that bad. it is extremely uncomfortable though.

@Totalanimefan: yeah. i just finished dessert. we had oreo balls. it took me a while cause they are sooooo rich. xD

bloop

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 03:54:11 )
@bonnie: yikes bonnie I hope everything goes good with your next test .. fingers crossed and sending positive vibes.. I think you should be fine because you probably would of felt symptoms by now .. I hope your test comes back negative .. keep us posted ^.^

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 04:07:51 )

@Bonnie: Oh wow, that sounds pretty rich.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.