Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Manipulation

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 02:20:32 )

She was completely silent as she stared at her reflection, the reflected blue eyes staring back at her. She could see the worry there, but also the relief. After this, she'd be done. This was the last 12.5 thousand she was giving him. It would leave her with barely over 12000 afterwards, but it was worth it. It was entirely worth it, as she was ensuring that her friend would be spared. 

"Dammit... This isn't ideal." she muttered before shaking ehr head. She hated this situation, how it happened in the first place. She didn't know what he'd been creeping around her place, but she wasn't worried about that. She was more worried about what he was going to do with what he'd recorded. 

Her. Appearing in a pillar of light, with a friend. Said blonde friend then vanished in another pillar of light to leave her alone. 

It was caught on camera, and she knew that was one hell of a risk, a concern. She was paying him off to stop him, to make it that he wouldn't go after the blonde. As her thoughts drifted back to the past three months, she felt her anger starting to rise. It wasn't something that happened often, but sometimes she couldn't control it. It went hand in hand with her curse, and she knew that.

Before she could even process that her temper was flaring, her fist had already been pulled back. Before she could stop it, the mirror was shattered, and her hand hurt. A lot. There were shards of glass in her skin, but she didn't care. All she was worried about for the moment, was paying him off, and being done with this, with him. 

And then she felt the air change slightly, mere moments before there was a swirl of hell in her kitchen. She knew he was arriving, and it was time, but ... that didn't mean she wanted him there. 

She grabbed the money off of the shelf she was near before heading to the kitchen, where he was. 

"Later than last week." she commented coolly as she held the money out to him. 

"Here's your final 12.5."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 03:04:05 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The man was tall, standing at close to 6'5''. He wore a black business suit, with a blood red tie an unknown small red flower on the lapel of his jacket. His hair was blacker than his suit, and his skin was pale in comparison, though upon closer inspection, it would reveal that it was very lightly tanned. He had neatly trimmed and maintained facial hair, forming around his mouth, and into a lengthy moustache. And he seemed to wear a permanent look of disinterest, distaste, and derision in his cold, grey eyes.

He looked over towards her, and snatched the money from her hand, flipping through all of it.

"Mmhmm... mmhmm..." he mumbled. "Hmmm." he muttered further.

"Indeed." he said, his voice as silken as it was ominous.

"It does seem to be all here." he confirmed in an almost flippant tone.

"I admit, it's admirable." he told her. "The lengths you'll go to protect an embodiment of a sin. A veritable freak that has no right to exist." he went on. "You humans and your emotional attachments. I swear they make you stupid." he continued.

"And I suppose you're about to tell me to scram, now that our business has concluded, yes?" he then asked her, though he wasn't looking at her at all.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 03:10:01 )

"Not like you have any other reason to be here." She stated simply, although she realised that this was likely going to go south. Yes, something was signed between them, but he held the page, and it would be easy enough for him to just ... do away with that. She knew that.

She wasn't stupid, after all.

"So, yes. Farewell." She said simply before going to close the door, not sure if she would be stopped, of what would happen. All she DID know, was that the payment plan was done, she should be free of him.

Should be.

Hell, she was figuring that she better be.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 03:33:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She started to close the door, and... it seemed he wasn't doing anything to stop her. Until it suddenly wouldn't close, and she saw his foot was in the way. Purposefully. He then grinned at her when she looked at him again.

"Oh, no." he said.

"My dear, I'm afraid that's NOT going to happen." he told her, forcing the door open and stepping closer towards her.

"I have no other reason to be here? I rather DO." he insisted further.

"Or... did you really think that it was going to be THAT simple?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 03:37:58 )

She just sighed, having really expected this.

"Oh just fuck off." She stated after a moment or two.

"Seriously." She added. "I paid my dues. Now fuck off lest I go above you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 04:11:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He laughed. It was dark, it was confident, it pierced her mind.

"My dear... we're not close to being done." he told her.

"And go ABOVE me!?" he exclaimed.

"That will get you nowhere." he said further.

"I don't know what you thought you were getting into, but deals with ones such as I are... different than on this realm." he continued.

"You are FAR from rid of me."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 05:50:04 )

She was completely silent, not entirely sure what to make of that.

"Oh fuck off." She said with a bit of a snarl.

"We're done. The contract stated that I was to pay you 12.5 thousand dollars a week, and I have. Now fuck off."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 06:12:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The demon didn't say anything more, but merely flicked his fingers. As soon as he did, she felt her arm start to go out of control. But only slightly. It was enough that she noticed it... considerably... but she'd had it worse before... in rare cases.

The end of this was that at the moment, she wasn't doing well.

And he could see that.

"I'll leave." he told her.

"For now." he said further.

"In the meantime, do enjoy that little parting gift." he laughed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 06:28:06 )

She let out a cry as she felt her curse kick up. She didn't want to, as he was still there, but she hadn't had a choice in the matter.

"Bastard" She growled, not able to say anything more for the moment. What she did know, was that she had to try and contain, control this.... but she couldn't.

Perhaps it was because this was forced upon her, there was no way for her to know, but that was her guess.

And it was the best guess sdhe had.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 06:55:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ta-ta, darling." he said, turning around and walking off.

"I DO hope you had nothing planned for later." he told her as he left. "Because I dare say that you'll wreck some havoc if you were to mingle with others right now." he added.

With that, she heard his laughter ring out through the air, before it disappeared the instant he was out of sight.

And she was left alone, with her curse getting out of control.

It had been worse in her past a number of times, that's for sure, but she knew he was right. She couldn't be close to anyone right now.

And it wasn't 'listening' to her. It seemed to just want to take over, but only so far. Like a naughty child that was stepping past a boundary that they weren't supposed to go past... but only slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 07:08:08 )

Once he was gone and dhte door was closed, she just sank to the floor, her knees up and her head in her hands.

"No... n o no no." She said quietly, panicking slightly. She had no idea what it was that she was to do here, what it was that she could do, for that matter.

What she did know, however, was that she most certainly couldn't head out, couldn't meet up with anyone, and had to call in to work. Granted, she wasn't convinced that she could for the moment.

She didn't even know the time, for that matter.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 07:28:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that had done this to her just smirked as he put distance between him and her.

"The long game is always more rewarding." he commented.

"Soon." he said. "Soon, Lilith... you will see the mistake you have made." he finished with another laugh.

As for the young woman, it seemed that time itself was getting away from her. It had become almost meaningless in the face of her curse, as she then heard her cell phone chime.

On it was a text from someone.

You all right? You're 20 minutes late for our meet-up at the café. it read.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 07:37:42 )

She barely processed that her cell chimed before making a serious effort to get it out of her pocket. It wasn't easy, and her head wasn't feeling right with her curse acting up as it was, either.

"I...." she started before looking to the screen. She just stared at it for a few seconds, probably longer than the one who was waiting on a reply, would like before she just shook her head.

"Damn..." she saidq uietly before shaking her head and typing a reply.

Sorry. Something came up. Was all she sent. It was weird, even for her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 08:00:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one on the other side looked at her reply... and couldn't help but feel confusion and concern. This was not the type of response he was used to from her, and it made him wonder if something was wrong.

As such, he got up from the booth, grabbed a quick something so that he hadn't been freeloading there for the time he'd been there, and left the café, responding to the text.

Is something wrong? he sent.

He then found someplace where he wouldn't be seen, and used his mana to disappear in a pillar of light, appearing behind her house... and freezing in place where he was.

"Woah... what the...?" he muttered, checking the phone again to see if she would respond.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 08:04:11 )

Just... just something has... something's come up. Was the reply that he received. She didn't have anything else to say for the moment.

He couldn't come here, not with how her arm was being. She needed time alone, and she needed time without him, without anyone.

Alone. No emotions to feed upon.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 08:20:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." he was silent as he read this. "That confirms it." he muttered to himself.

He then disappeared from where he was, appearing at the home that Aedan and Azazel shared, knocking on the door loudly.

A few minutes later, Azazel appeared inside the young woman's house, in the kitchen area, and his eyes widened upon feeling the aura inside.

"Ohhh boy." he mumbled.

"Hey! Erica!?" he called out.

"Where are ya!?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 08:25:41 )

The one he was looking for, Erica, was silent. She didn't know what it was that she could make of this, what it was that was to come next. She did, however, not move. Didn't move, didn't speak, nothing.

She knew he'd find her easily enough, after all.

Sure enough, he did. He found her at the door a matter of two, maybe three minutes later.

"Erica!" He exclaimed as she hurried over, getting down on his knees by her and taking stock. He knew that he had to try and calm that curse down, before it got worse.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 08:43:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...crap." he muttered, seeing she was practically unresponsive now.

So he sighed and cracked his knuckles, before placing his hands on her arm. And as soon as he did so, he felt something. It was subtle, but it was there. And it was noticeable as well.

Since her curse was demonic in nature, he could alleviate some of her burden by taking in some of the 'excess' she acquired from time to time, allowing her to regain composure and control of it again.

Which was what he was doing currently.

'Damn it, please tell me this feeling is just stupid coincidence...' he thought.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 08:47:11 )

Sure enough, what he was doing was helping, and helping about as much as usual. It took close to fifteen minutes before it was down to a more reasonable level.

"... thank you." She said after a moment or two. "I ... I don't know how long it would have lasted, and that is something I really don't like." She added after a few seconds.

".... Just... thank you."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/13 09:03:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel was silent for a moment, sighing and shaking his head.

"Yeah, sure." he said.

"Erica, what the hell happened?" he asked her.

"Seriously, that was a little more naughty than it usually gets." he commented, as he helped her to his feet and took her over to her couch.

"You're lucky Zeke cares about you so much." he went on.

"Who KNOWS what kind of state you'd be in if that had been allowed to continue..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.