Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Manipulation

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/14 08:46:13 )

"Yes, he did." Sari confirmed before sighing.

"She's older than I think any other." She told him.

"He told me that she's 34. So the timer is probably ticking pretty loudly, even if she doesn't realise it." She paused here, thinking. "Although he was saying that she does seem to realise it."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/14 09:20:03 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...hm." Gabe muttered.

"It's impressive she's made it so far." he said.

"On her own, anyway." he went on, before pausing. "Well... not on her own, but... well, you get my meaning." he clarified.

"Question is... how do I go about this...?" he then asked himself.

It was clear to Sari that he wanted to help... but he knew this had to be handled delicately.

And he feared he was rusty, and didn't wish to worsen everything.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/14 09:35:55 )

"That, I'm not sure." sari answered.

"Ezekiel was saying that there is currently a flare up. You could always just go and offer to help. If not this one, then a future one? Maybe help while staying out of sight if you want to find out who she is, first?" She sighed here, shaking her head lightly.

" I wish I knew something more. The only other thing I can think of... Is go through her boss or something. I don't know much about what she does, but that may be a viable option as well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/14 22:37:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Gabriel muttered.

"All good ideas." he said.

"Though showing up suddenly and directly might go badly." he went on.

He then sighed and shook his head.

"Regardless, I suppose I ought to at least get a look at her." he reasoned.

"...thanks for telling me." he then told her quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 00:52:31 )

Sari just smiled softly.

"Thanks for listening and not just ignoring me." She commented.

"And you're welcome. I figured that you'd like to know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 01:12:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel merely sighed.

"Yeah..." he said.

He then thought for a moment, and left the building with Sariel, but while she branched off to go to her vet clinic, he made his way to one of the fountains, looking into the water. At first, he saw his own reflection, but after concentrating on what he was told... and picturing the curse in his mind, he touched the water with a finger, causing it to ripple outwards, and change to a scene of Erica's house. And he could already sense the immense power from the curse... but only because he was so connected to it (by his own doing).

He then shook his head, and sighed once more.

"Well... first we'll see if a little sliver of passive protection will help." he said to himself.

He got up from where he was, disappeared from where he was standing, and appeared somewhere close to Erica's house. Once there, he walked over to the rear of her home, and merely sat down against the outer wall, wanting to see if his mere presence there would abate the curse any.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 01:21:18 )

Gabriel could feel it.

It was almost isntant, too. When he arrived, the curse kicked up a bit for a few seconds, before it faded again, but to more of a passive level. It wasn't extreme, but both he and Erica could feel it.

And she was thoroughly confused.

"The hell....?'She wondered as she looked to her hand.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 01:43:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Outside, Gabe took note of this mentally.

'Hmmm...' he thought.

'It's strong, but it DID dissipate noticeably when in my presence.' he noticed.

'She seems to have decent control over it... but something seems... off.' he then realised. 'It looks like there may be more to this than meets the eye.' he reasoned, scratching his chin.

For now, he would see if he could find a way to leave something of himself behind, in a hidden place. Something to act as a ward of sorts.

He also gave into an urge he felt, and crept over to a window, peering in to see if he could catch a glimpse of her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 01:55:33 )

When Gabe peered inside, he saw an auburn haired lady sitting on a couch, her knees pulled up, and her face buried in her arms which were atop her knees. He could also see the curse through the material, but that wasn't too surprising as he could easily see it no matter what if he so desired. He was looking at her through a reflection, as it seemed she was against a wall he couldn't see, but there was conveniently a mirror that was positioned quite well for that window. As he glanced around, he saw there were other mirrors, set up in perfect spots, to show the windows.

Perhaps she was a touch on the paranoid side.

For now though, she wasjust on the couch, seeming to be just shutting in on herself. At least, that's how it looked from his perspective.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 02:16:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel narrowed his eyes when he saw her, before withdrawing from his peeping position.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"This isn't good." he said.

"She's feeling the hopelessness and aloneness that the curse inevitably brings." he commented.

He crossed his arms over his chest and pondered what he could do for her.

Should he reveal himself right now? Was that the right thing to do?

And why did her curse feel slightly... off...?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 02:33:11 )

Gabe decided to wait it out. He stayed nearby, helped to quell the curse when he could, but didn't actually step up and introduce himself. Granted, that was primarily because he wanted to know why it seemed so .. off. He was hoping to find that out.

During a time he was above, Erica was sitting on her couch, reading, when there was a knock on the door. Her curse twitched, and she paused.

".... The hell is he doing here?" She wondered before sighing, and not moving. It was too late - somewher around eleven at night - and her curtains were closed. So she hoped she could get away with not answering.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 02:58:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a few seconds, they knocked again.

And again.

And again.

And then then pounded on the door. And they continued to pound on the door, almost giving her a headache at that point.

However, just when she couldn't take it any longer, they stopped. Completely and utterly.

Before the demon appeared in her den, right in front of her.

"Rude." he said.

"Should never keep someone at your door waiting." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 03:02:50 )

Erica jumped when she saw him appear there, before sighing, heavily.

"Hello. I have no need to speak with you, you have no reason to be here, so I saw no reason to answer thr door." Erica told him coolly.

"So, please leave. You are not welcome here as our business is done."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 03:23:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He chuckled darkly when he heard that.

"Our business is done." he said.

"How cute." he said further, more condescendingly.

"Our business is FAR from over." he told her as he approached.

"In fact, if you truly want our business to ever end, then you will help me." he then said.

"In a crusade in Hell."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 03:25:54 )

Erica was silent for a moment. She was trying to process what he'd said, and was finding it difficult.

Then again, she'd realised that he had that kind of effect whenever he was in the same room as her. His very presence kicked her curse into gear slightly, and that always make her head a bit fuzzy.

[b"What? No."[/b]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 03:45:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He sighed.

"I had a feeling you'd say that." he told her.

"But I figured the direct method was worth a shot." he reasoned.

"Regardless, I can't have you remembering that I asked you to do that, or have any recollection of my saying that." he then said further, a very ominous tone to his voice now.

"So I think I'll need to ramp up your curse to the point where you will actively block out this encounter, as you will associate it with this pain." he grinned.

"But rest assured, you WILL join my crusade... whether you want to or not."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 04:21:34 )

Erica was silent, not sure what it was that she was supposed to make of this, before just getting to her feet and making her way to the door.

"Out." She stated.

"Lest I get any sort of authority here to deal with you." She said as she opened the door, waiting for him to leave.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 04:41:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, he laughed.

"Authority?" he asked.

"Please. There is NO authority that can help you here." he told her.

"However, to show you I am not unreasonable, I shall leave, as hurtful as you're making it out to be." he then said, sounding like his feelings were hurt... but she could tell he was mocking her.

That being said, he DID make his way to the door.

But when he reached it, he suddenly darted his hand out and grabbed the wrist of her cursed arm... which was when she felt it become FAR more powerful and overwhelming than the last time.

"You'll survive this." he said.

"Good luck remembering this encounter, though." he finished cruelly, before stepping out the door and slamming it behind him, leaving her alone with this new nightmare.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 04:53:16 )

His grip on her wrist was keeping it at bay a little. It was overwhelming her, most certainly, but she could still properly think and not be swallowed whole by it all. As soon as his hand left her wrist though, the damn broke and she was frozen. Through the fog that was enveloping her and her senses, she felt her emotions being stripped down, overshadowed, overcome.

"I..." She started, knowing no one could hear her, but wasn't able to properly process that as she sank to the floor.

And that's where she was found the next day, when Gabe returned to keep watch over her again.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 05:14:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as Gabe appeared, he was frozen in place for a moment.

"Good gracious!" he exclaimed.

He then decided that the time for subtlety was gone, and he teleported himself directly into Erica's home, right where she was.

He looked at her for naught but a second, before he grabbed her arm by the wrist. And as he did so, the curse retreated. It wasn't absorbed from her, but it retreated back within her arm, hiding.

And it made her feel MUCH better than when Azazel absorbed it.

When Azazel absorbed it, she still felt like the curse was still 'spreading', but wasn't hurting her, but this? She felt like the 'spread' had actually regressed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.