Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Manipulation

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 11:28:04 )

Erica was silent for a moment before sighing.

"I... yeah. I'm all right." She answered, dodging the questions a bit.

"As for coffee and whatnot, sure. so long as we hit up somewhere I can grab some food at. I feel like I haven't eaten in a few days." She added with a sigh.

"Name the place and time and I'll be there. Well, as soon as I can be. Depending on when, I'll have to drive."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 22:50:26 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmmm." Zeke muttered in response.

"Well, if you want to go someplace that has actual FOOD-food, there's that coffee pub about 20 minutes from you." he offered.

"And if you don't want to drive, I can come and pick you up." he offered.

"It all depends on how you're feeling." he continued.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about you for the past bit." he then admitted, his tone and attitude showing to Erica that he really did care for her... and that she seemed to successfully dodge the questions. For now, at least.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 23:02:46 )

Erica was silent for a moment before chuckling slightly.

"Yeah. Meeting there sounds like a perfect idea. And I do admit, I would rather not drive anywhere at that moment. I am really not feeling the best physically, and I think that it might be too much of a risk for me to drive for the moment." She added.

"I'm going to go have a shower and change my clothes. I'll call you after and we can figure it out from there, sound good?" She asked. She realised that he cared for her, and it was something that she wasn't sure she could ever forget. However, she didn't know how long he would. With her curse, she was sure it was temporary, sadly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 23:21:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, sure thing." Zeke responded.

"Just lemme know." he said.

"I can easily pick you up at your place and we can both head there, so you won't need to drive." he reasoned.

"Regardless, you go and do what you need to do." he finished, before they ended the call.

As they did, Zeke just stared at the phone, puzzling over something.

"...why did Uncle Gabriel tell me Dad about this...?" he wondered aloud.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 23:28:49 )

Sure enough, about twenty minutes later, Zeke's phone chimed. When he looked, he saw that it was a text from Erica.

Hey Zeke, I'm good whenever. If you want to stop by we can head out. Was all it said.

When he did arrive shortly afterward, he found Erica sitting on the couch, her feet up on it and kind of curled under her, as she was reading a book on something or other.

"Hey there." She greeted after he'd mana'd into the front room and met her in the den.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 23:48:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke immediately noticed that she seemed a lot better than the last time he'd seen her. In general. It seemed she was a lot calmer, more collected, less on-edge. It... was relieving, to understate it.

"Hey." he responded.

"Yeah, want me to drive us there?" he asked her. "If you want to go there, still." he added.

"I DO have my license, after all." he reminded her.

"Or we can just walk if you want."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/15 23:52:48 )

"Yeah... no. I am not walking that far." Erica commented as she closed the book and set it aside.

"Honestly, I feel likeI haven't eaten in a couple weeks." She told him simply.

"So yeah, we can take my car." She said before getting to her feet. "... once I find the keys...."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/16 00:01:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke paused when she said the last part.

"...hm." he mumbled.

"I'll help you look." he offered.

"Can you think of places where they might be?" he asked her, before checking the hooks near her front door, and finding that they weren't there.

'Figures it wouldn't be that easy.' he sighed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/16 00:04:13 )

Erica sighed as he asked that question.

"I... have no idea." She admitted.

"Didn't even know where my phone was before I heard you call." She added. "The past few days are a blur to me." As she spoke, she got to her feet and started to check the couch.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/16 00:22:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke looked at her when she mentioned the past few days being a blur.

"...that's a bit concerning." he told her.

He then sighed quietly, and started looking in places where keys might be, before pausing.

"Wait." he said. "Where was your phone?" he asked her.

"Oh, under that dark-red table... shelf-thing." Erica responded. "Don't know why it was THERE." she admitted.

"Well... that's weird." Zeke said. "But I guess if you want, I can start looking in odd places like that." he offered, figuring that would be the best place to begin, just to rule it out. He went to it and checked around, pausing when he noticed something there.

"Found them!" he declared, reaching for the keys.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/16 00:32:44 )

Erica just laughed lightly.

"Must've been when I fell, or something. Probably in a pocket, they came out and just ended up skidding under there." She commented. She didn't know why she'd been sitting there when Gabriel had arrived, but did know that it was the only thing that really made any real sense.

"Anyway, lemme get my shoes on and we can clear out." She said before pausing. "After I check on my cat." She said before hurrying off, grabbing a pack of cat treats as she went and shaking them, hoping to hear from her kitty.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/16 00:52:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke just chuckled.

"Fair enough." he said.

After a few seconds of Erica shaking the treats, she heard a little mewl, and quickened padding of little pawed feet. Sure enough, a few seconds later, the feline came into view and rushed over, rubbing against her legs and getting on its own hind legs nudging at her hands, and the bag.

It was clear the cat wanted attention.

Or treats. Or both.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/16 00:54:52 )

Erica scooped up the cat with a chuckle.

"Well then, at least you're all right." She commented as she carried him to the couch, set him down, and filled a toy that was there with a few treats.

"Here." She said, tossing it down onto the floor for the cat to go after. Once that was done, she made her way to the kitchen and quickly made sure that the cats food and water was fresh, and the treats were put away, before making her way back to Zeke.

"All right, lemme get my shoes on, and we can take off."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/16 01:18:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke just smiled as he saw her do all this, and watched as the cat played with the toy, eating the treats as they fell out.

"Got it." he said, watching the cat until Erica poked at his shoulder to get his attention.

"Ah? Right!" he remembered.

"Let's go." he told her, as they exited the house.

"...I love animals." he commented.

"But the fae around the house don't. At least, not domesticated ones."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/16 01:21:46 )

"Well, at least ..... uhh...." Erica started before pausing, trying to remember the name.

"your familiar... doesn't count as a pet?" She asked as they approached her car.

"Because I'm sure that'd be annoying as hell if the fae adn your bird didn't get along."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/16 01:39:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke paused for a moment, before laughing out loud.

"Of course!" he declared.

"I forgot about Skylar!" he said.

"I guess because I see him more as a friend and companion, as well as a confidant." he said further.

"...I generally don't think of pets as something that literally talks back when you speak to them." he mumbled.

"But, fair point. He and the fae get along well, and he even protects them."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/16 01:41:47 )

"So, at least he's good." Erica commented as they climbed into the car and he started to drive off.

"Because, I'm pretty sure t'd be a problem if that wasn't a good mix." She added.

"... hell, would you have left Angela if that was the case? I know familiars are ... more ... uhh... not really choosable or anything, and you can't really reject one."

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/16 02:00:47 )

"That... is fair." Erica commented.

"You'd have to be careful though, that could have put stress upon the connection." She added.

"From... what little I know. As far As I know, this damned curse of mine makes a familiar impossible for me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/16 02:24:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke just sighed again.

"Stress would be whatever. I love Angela, and adore Liv." he told her.

"I will fight ANY and ALL forces that would try and separate me from them." he insisted.

"...though, you not being able to have a familiar is a little crappy." eh admitted as they reached her car.

"At least you have your kitty."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/16 02:28:01 )

"Animals are the only ones that are completely immune to me." Erica commented. "... well, barring angels and demons. Sadly, you're still affected, being half human."

"But, I'm not completely alone, and that is what matters, I figure." She then said with a chuckle.

The rest of the drive was largely small talk, chit chat, and the like. Erica was definitely curious as to why he wanted to meet up, but figured that'd likely come up while they were there.

After they were situated, and they had their orders (a wrap each, along with drinks and snacks), she looked to him.

"All right, so why did you want this meeting?" She asked, her voice curious before stealing one of his fries, as she'd gotten a ceasar salad as a side.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.