Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fire and Ice

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 05:24:18 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Almost immediately, Vincent's emotions were back in check.

Except relief. She felt a wave of that from him.

"Well, then." he said.

"So long as he's being responsible." he commented,

"I don't know WHY you are trying to learn such a thing, admittedly, but I can't hurt to know how to defend oneself." he reasoned.

"I may have a chat with him to make sure he's treating you well. Relatively speaking, considering."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 05:31:57 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
so long as you don't give him a hard time. I went to him, asked for this. Alice commented as she grabbed a drink from the fridge, her plate, and then headed out to the den to sit on the couch.

Because this is his fault, physically, but he's not really to blame! She 'called' out to him.

Also, thank you for not suffocating me. I definitely appreciate it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 05:52:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just sighed quietly.

"I still need to remember not to let my emotions flare around you!" he called back.

"But I DO just want to talk to him about this, make sure of what he's doing!" he said further.

"I'm sure he is, but it's for my own peace of mind." he added, before shaking his head slightly.

"And I'm sorry about that outburst." he apologised.

"Again, sometimes it just... happens."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 05:59:53 )

No sweat dad. I get that it happens. Alice reposnded after a few seconds.

Just keep it in mind, that's all I ask. she added.

Also, ow. I'm likely going to hide in my room all night because I hurt. a lot.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 06:21:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just sighed again.

'Ash DOES tend to get rough when he fights.' he responded.

Meanwhile, Ashleigh had returned home from a bit of an extended flight, and she made her way down to the large bedroom that she and Ash shared. When she stepped inside, she saw Ash was already there... and he was using two different whiteboards.

One had a calendar on it, the other didn't. She saw what looked to be training regime on the calendar one, and meals on the other.

However, she also noticed that the regime was... insultingly light. For him, anyway.

He then noticed she had come in, and looked over.

"Welcome back." he greeted her with a smile.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 06:36:36 )

"Planning out Addison's training?" Ashleigh asked as she sat on the bed.

"Or is it perhaps for Lucas?" She asked, her voice curious.

"because you don't go that light unless you're scared of repercussions."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 06:55:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Huh?" Ash muttered.

"Oh! No, no." he said.

"Alice." he said further. "She came to me earlier today and asked me to teach her to fight." he told her. "So I had a spar with her, and I'm creating a program to help build her up." he continued.

"She feels bad that she was so weak when that teacher betrayed her, and how she's the weakest of the family, in her own words." he went on.

"So no. I'm not scared of repercussions. Not from her or Mom or Vincent, anyway." he then said, before pausing.

"...Aunt Rocky might come a-knockin'. Alice went to her first, and she... pretty much stopped short of forbidding it..." he mumbled at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 06:58:37 )

Ashleigh was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Oh geez. Rocky coming knocking is going to be a scary sight, I'ms ure." She said.

"I'm going to claim ignorance on that front." She added with a laugh.

"But fair enough. Going a bit light on her though, I see. Any specific reason why?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 07:16:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Feel free to claim ignorance." Ash responded.

"I'll be putting these boards elsewhere, to help with that story." he told her.

"And I'm starting light. She's... well... listen, Ashleigh, I want her to get stronger, but I don't want to break her." he said. "Everyone treats her either like a nuke, or like she's fragile glass, just because she's an empath." he went on.

"Until she can properly harness her empath abilities, she's at a disadvantage." he reasoned.

"If it seems like this is TOO light as I go, I'll ramp it up." he then shrugged.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 07:20:46 )

Ashleigh just laughed.

"Good. Don't baby her." She said.

"Just, for now at least, keep your emotions in check, obviously. Don't... don't push her over the edge in that regard already." She added before pausing.

"And yeah... I know what you mean. I've seen it. When we did dinner here shortly after we found out... well, I saw how everyone was acting... weird... around here. I've heard regarding at school too, since I know that Evan and Sammy go to their school, being on a year behind." She added.

"Evan's come to bitch to me about it a couple of times."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 07:55:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash shook his head lightly.

"It's not fair." he said.

"She can't control what she is. It's not her fault." he went on.

"But damn it, if she wants to learn how to defend herself, how to fight, I'll do it." he told her.

"If no one else will, I will!" he declared.

"And I don't CARE if Aunt Rocky has a bone to pick with me on it!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 07:57:08 )

"Good on you." she commented.

"I'd offer to help, but I know that I'm not really one that is good to start with." She added.

"considering the fact that I'll make her brilliant with aerial enemies, but that does no good for most that would be coming after her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 08:25:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"If she DOES show interest in defending against aerial attacks and foes, would you be willing to train her?" Ash asked.

"I will make sure she's an expect at ground based hand-to-hand." he promised. "But I can't do anything for air-based foes." he said further.

"It's fine if not, but she might like training and sparring so much, a new perspective might be healthy for her." he reasoned with a small shrug.

"As you said, you're more on the 'next level' of training." he chuckled.

"And you have some... unorthodox... fighting styles." he went on.

"Big reason why you're so high up on the leader boards. Not a lot of targets know how to deal with your shifts and unique fighting."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 12:28:42 )

"Nope." ashleigh agreed with a nod.

"I'm a lovely surprise." She added, a bit of a smirk to her voice.

"Plus, most people don't realise I can swap between aerial and grounded. Most people assume I'm aerial only, so if they take out my wings... they think that they got me. I love surprising them." She admitted.

".... don't like the constant wing damage though, I admit."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 21:58:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Just so long as you're not purposefully taking wing damage." Ash responded.

"THAT'S when Emelie'll have... some things to say." he mumbled.

"Anyway, yeah, this is a schedule that takes into account any distraction or handicap her empathy might give her." he then said. "If she learns to turn that shit on and off at will, then she'll be quite formidable. But for now, it MAY be a slight hindrance." he continued.

"It'll change once I start seeing improvement." he said further.

"Because I agree that she should know how to fight and defend herself."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 22:06:04 )

"Oh trust me... I know. I've withstood many a verbal attack from Emelie regarding my wings." Asheligh commented with a light shudder.

"And good to know. Lemme know if you ever need, or want, my help." She added after a moment or two.

"And I do hope that she can learn to turn it on or off. That's a pretty advance skill though, as far as I know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 22:24:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It is." Ash responded. "But that Mikhail guy is actually training her to turn it on and off." he then told her. "The progress is very slow, as her empathy was forcefully awakened, but from what I hear, she's showing promise." he said further.

"Also... I can think of one thing that I might ask you for. Or... rather, if you do so, it'd be super helpful." he suddenly realised.

"That special charcoal that you sometimes gather from that one volcanic area." he mentioned. "Dissolving that into water makes for an excellent recovery drink, and we're... running low." he told her.

"If you could get some in the next... 3 weeks? I'd greatly appreciate that."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 22:30:17 )

Ashleigh was silent for a moment, debating it.

"Yeah. Yeah, I can do that. Hell, I got nothing going on for the next few days... I think I have the time to go grab." She added.

"So I could do it now if you wanted me to?" She asked.

"Beyond that, I think the hunt I'm going on in a few days is going to be... a bit long and intensive. Not sure how long, mind."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 22:49:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"If you want to do it now, that would be fantastic." Ash told her.

"Because I just remembered something about a hunt you're going on, literally as you started to say it." he chuckled.

"A shame you have to do it alone, but... you're the only one that can do it." he lamented.

"But yeah, if you could get some before that hunt, I'll make it worth your while." he promised her with a grin.

And she knew what that meant; that vindaloo that she absolutely adored. Specifically, the chicken and sauce, which he always made sure she had in plenty when he made it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/12 22:52:52 )

"Yeah, sure." Ashleigh said.

"... you don't need to bribe me for it, either." She added before snickering. "However, that was an effective bribe."

"I'm going to pack up some shit and get out of here. I'll try and be quick, but it does take awhile to fly out there. Unless you wanna mana me there." She added with a shrug.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.