Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fire and Ice

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 04:55:31 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was immensely relieved that Vicki was taking this as well as she was. Which was amazing well. He looked out the window for a moment, and then slumped down in the chair he sat in.

"It's a very moral grey area, though." he said.

"When I took him out, Cedric hadn't actually done anything yet. He was scheming it, but hadn't done anything. And many people would argue that there's no justification based on wishes or intent, in terms of what I did." he told her.

"But... if he had been allowed to start those gears, it would have been impossible to stop it. It was all or nothing." he lamented.

"I protected the future, but... well, one can argue I really dirtied my hands in doing so."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 06:23:37 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Honestly, the best you can do, is just keep in mind that yeah, you did what was needed, even if it was morally grey." She commented.

"That alone should be more than good enough, but that's just me." She added.

"One life to save how many others? I don't see why you should feel bad about that, myself."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 06:38:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Feel bad? Nah." Ash responded.

"I'm pretty much immune to that stuff. Been doing it for a while." he told her.

"I'm just reminding myself that you'd be well within your rights to think less of me. I wouldn't honestly blame you." he said further.

"...just... shut up about this, ok?" he asked.

"I really... REALLY... don't need Ashleigh finding out I killed her nephew."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 06:39:41 )

Vicki froze a moment.

"...... I didn't know he was technically family..." She admitted.

"really doesn't change anything, but ... didn't know that." She added.

"And don't worry, I can keep myself quiet. I... have a lot of secrets, like how I knew this in the first place, after all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 07:00:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, noticed you didn't tell me when I asked how you knew." he said.

"It's SO cool you seem to be privy to others secrets, yet are allowed to keep your own." he sighed.

"And yes. Family." he confirmed.

"Son of Vanessa and that damned boy-toy of hers." he growled.

"Rotten to the core, despite Ashleigh trying to keep on the straight and narrow." he continued.

"...willing to have the entire planet destroy itself in a modern-day global witch-hunt to take revenge on those that killed his mother."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 07:02:21 )

"Jesus Ash. I'm sorry I get the information." Vicki stated.

"I'm sorry I can't control this. I'm sorry I TRIED to ignore this, but hey, my brain wouldn't shut up." She added before getting get to her feet.

"But whatever. I know it's an issue that I do know this, so I'll just leave. Sorry I asked." As she spoke, she made her way to the door out, knowing that it would likely be the best thing at the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 07:22:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

'...great.' Ash thought.

'Express annoyance, and get your throat jumped down upon.' he thought further.

"Leave if you want!" he called to her.

"I won't try and stop you!" he said further.

"Excuse me for being annoyed that a promise that had been made to me has been broken!" he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 07:25:34 )

Vicki didn't say anything for a moment.

"Not my fault." was all she said.

"Didn't know there was a promise. Didn't know ANY of anything." Was the last she said before she left the house, heading home. She was walking though, despite the house, due to the fact that she felt like she needed the time to clear her head. Ash wasn't one for passive aggression, yet her going to ask about it seemed to bring it out in him.

... maybe I should just keep my mouth shut about what I do know in the future.. she thought. This wasn't he first time she'd run into trouble over it, after all. She'd kept it all quiet, and thought that maybe her brother would have .... well, she didn't know. She thought it would have gone better.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 07:51:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash didn't have time to say anything more to her before she was gone.

"...damn it." he growled, his hand balling into a fist.

"How the hell did I screw THAT up?" he said to himself, gnashing his teeth.

So now Vicki knew about what he'd done, she wouldn't say HOW she knew, and NOW she was copping an attitude about keeping her secret. All because this situation annoyed him.

"Damn it all to hell." he then cursed, getting up and pacing slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 07:59:04 )

By the time that Vicki returned home, she'd solidly decided: She wasn't going to say anything, anymore. If she knew something about the past, she'd just keep her mouth shut, as it seemed to bring about more pain and stress to people than when she spoke up. The only GOOD instance, was with the empath that was working with her sister, Mikhail. Beyond that? No one seemed to appreciate it, and it was always information she should have had no idea about.

The next day, no one knew anything had happened, since she seemed fine.

As she was on the roof, letting the rain pelt her as she just laid back, seeming to be asleep at first glance. It wasn't anything unknown or unusual. She thoroughly enjoyed the rain, and made it a point to head up there almost anytime that it was raining.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 08:24:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash, meanwhile, had had a stressful night, to say the least.

Somehow he'd ended up being the bad guy in this scenario, but not because of what he'd done to Cedric. It had been because Vicki had somehow known about it. SOMEHOW. He didn't know. She wouldn't tell him. She'd refused to tell him.

However, he had a feeling he needed to apologise to her. Or say something.

So, looking tired and disheveled, he made his way to the manor, and paused at the door, the rain soaking his clothing and bandages.

He rang the bell and waited for someone to answer, which Rowena did.

"I'm looking for Vicki."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 11:34:15 )

"She's on the roof." Rowena said as she stepped out of the way, in case he wanted to enter.

"Something up?" She asked, her voice curious.

"And why didn't you just mana over? You're soaking wet and I'm ..... Are you ok?" There was definite concern to her voice, and face.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 21:51:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash paused for a moment, before lightly palming his forehead.

"...mana didn't occur to me. My mind's been racing all night." he said.

"I just need to talk to her." he told her.

"Something's been on my mind is all, and... well, just need to dump it all out, I suppose." he shrugged.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 21:54:51 )

"Well, she's on the roof. Go ahead and chat with her." Rowena said simply.

"And... take care of yourself. Don't stress yourself out like this." She added with a light laugh that was followed with a sigh.

"When you're done, I've got some brownies for you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 22:16:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...all right." Ash responded.

He then made his way through the manor and into the attic, using the special hatch that was there to get onto the roof.

"We need to talk." he said to Vicki.

"Please."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 22:18:40 )

Vicki looked over and just waved.

"Yo." She greeted.

"What's up?" She asked before pausing, realising that over teh rain she was basically screaming at him. She then conjured an umbrella over both of them of ice, allowing them to speak at a more natural level.

"Yeah, what's up?" She seemed like nothing happened the night before, as if she was just mmoving on with life, none the worse for wear.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 22:36:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Forget last night." Ash said.

"I was stupid." he told her.

"You did nothing wrong." he continued.

"I'm sorry." he apologised.

"If you don't want to tell me how you know these things, don't." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 22:39:26 )

"Why bother bringing it up again?" Vicki asked.

"I get it. I shouldn't know these things I know. And maybe I don't exactly know WHY I know what I know?" She asked.

"Maybe that's why I oculdn't tell you. Hard to answer the question of 'how do you know these things' when you don't actually know how. I just know them. That's all." She added.

"But, don't worry. I won't say anything." That was true, she wouldn't say anything about anything she knew.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 23:06:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"How about you DON'T do that!?" Ash almost snapped.

"How about you don't deny whatever special ability you've been given?" he asked her.

"How about you don't put any stock into what your stupid brother reacted like?" he asked further.

"Look, I'm sorry I acted the way I did, ok?" he asked.

"But whatever power you have, it apparently supersedes a celestial promise." he told her.

"So that's something, at least."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 23:08:41 )

"I don't know what's going on, and EVERYONE is snapping at me for it." Vicki told him plainly.

"So yeah. Just... whatever." She added. "I just... I dunno. Why bother with it, when all it does is give me a headache? Seems pointless to me." She added.

"Sure, I'll keep it inmind, and I won't deny it, I just won't speak up about it anymore."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.