Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fire and Ice

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/10 23:13:09 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Vincent mumbled.

"De-stress, huh?" he asked.

"What about that one spa?" he suggested. "The one that you go to a lot for such things, and the people there are actually on good terms with your family... and buy relaxation teas from your sister..." he then said further.

"You know that they take 'emergency' book-ins, especially for a Fyrane." he chuckled.

"Could really help."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/10 23:16:07 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Yeah, I was considering it." Rowena admitted.

"However, I want to talk to Ash, first." She added.

"So I'm going to go make a 'date' for it, and then stop by to talk with Ash on the way."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/10 23:34:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"That's fair." Vincent responded.

"I'll leave you to that, then." he told her, as he gathered up all the books that had been brought into the den.

"Won't need these anymore." he chuckled. "So I'm going to take them back down to my study." he said.

"Love you." he finished.

She responded in kind, and he left with the stack, rendering her alone in the room, with plans she had to make.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/10 23:37:19 )

About twenty minutes later, Rowena made her way to her son's, and knocked on the door. When the door was opened, she saw one of her grand daughters and was told Ash was in the back yard. She nodded, said her thank yous, and made her way around the house.

"Yo! Ash!" She called, as she did so, wodnering what he was doing.

As she neared, she waved.

"Got a minute?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/10 23:54:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash had been looking into the woods that spread out behind the Fyrane manor, but immediately walked over towards Rowena when she called out to him. He smiled a little when she asked if he had a minute, and nodded.

"Yep." he said.

"Was just thinking about going for a walk in there." he told her, jabbing a thumb in the direction of the woods.

"Not sure if I want to or not." he admitted.

"Anyway, sup?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/10 23:59:03 )

"Vicki and Alice both dropped their runes at shool recently, was wondering if you'd be willign to talk to with Vicki about it. Alice... maybe later, after she opens up to people again." Rowena answered after a moment or two.

"I'm not sure I'd be the best to do it." She added. "That's a dark path I really don't want to set a toe back into, due to ... well, how easily it could pull me back in."

"So...l yeah. You willing to help out?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 00:16:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash thought for a moment, and nodded.

"Yeah, sure." he responded.

"I can do that." he told her.

"They really should learn from someone with practical experience, that isn't teetering on the brink." he reasoned.

"...not that you are, but... yeah, for you, slippery slope." he clarified.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 00:28:12 )

Rowena just sighed, heavily.

"It really is." She agreed.

"and yeah, if you'd be so kind." She paused a moment. "I appreciate it. And as a thank you, I'll bring you some of those brownies you adore so much."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 02:40:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She saw the light in his eyes when he heard that.

"Welp, you DO know how to properly sell past the closure." he laughed.

"I'll get right on it, though." he told her.

A lot of time had passed, and Mikhail and Alice had made a lot of progress. A LOT. Alice had become quite skilled at controlling and suppressing her empath capabilities, and Mikhail had been reunited with his sister. As thanks, he continued to mentor Alice, even after his services were no longer needed, and was now even a friend of the family. Ash had helped both Vicki and Alice with their runes, and the two were becoming quite adept at them, much to Rowena's relief.

Ash was currently making up some lunch for himself, when he felt familiar mana appear in the den area of the manor.

"...Alice?" he muttered.

"In the kitchen!" he called out, so she'd know where HE was, at least.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 02:53:25 )

She made her way to where her brother was before sighing.

".... Teach me to fight." She said, although there was an intquiry to it.

"Please?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 03:14:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash seemed to pause as he heard her sudden request.

"...fight?" he asked, looking at her.

"I mean... yeah, sure." he said. "I can do that." he told her.

"If you want, join me for a light lunch and we can start immediately." he offered.

"But why the sudden interest in it?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 03:21:17 )

"Aunt Rocky, demi and Jaden all rejected it." Alice answered after a moment or two.

"And I don't care how. Hand to hand would be a good start, learnt he basics first." she continued.

"And thank you." she paused a moment.

"I'm going to hang out in the backyard for a bit. Mom's stressing me out."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 03:42:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash raised an eyebrow when he he heard that Rocky, Demi, AND Jaden all rejected it. It didn't insult him that he was this far down on her list, but he had to wonder why they rejected her.

"Yeah, sure." he said, as she then headed off and he watched her enter the backyard from the window in the kitchen.

She was out there for about 10 minutes, before she saw Ash come out with a pair of (rather nice-looking) sandwiches, and a small cooler, which had a bunch of ice and drinks inside it.

He walked over and sat down where she was at.

"Feeling hungry?" he asked.

"Eat if you are, have a drink if you're thirsty, but after I eat, we'll start training."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 03:52:30 )

Alice nodded, but didn't say anything. She did grab adrink, however. It wasn't too surprising, as she was a mute, barely speaking with anyone.

She looked bored, if anything, as she was just looking out to the forest, seeming to be thinking about this that or the other.

"How many dead animals do you leave out there?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 04:22:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Dead?" Ash asked.

"Barely any." he said.

"Generally speaking, the animals in there know when they're outclassed, and leave when I assert my dominance." he told her. "Only time I ever have to kill an animal is if it's got rabies or some weird mental disorder." he explained further.

"...or if it actually becomes life or death." he then added.

"But there's also a lot of things I need to remember if I kill something." he went on. "Can I eat it? Is it even edible? Should I leave it out for scavengers? Would they get sick as well if they ate the carcass? Should I bring the body to their herd for a proper mourning and burial?" he asked rhetorically.

"I don't know of an exact number, but for every 35 times I enter those woods for a nice long walk, I kill 1 animal." he guessed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 04:42:00 )

Alice was silent for a moment before nodding.

"That's good to know." She said simply, but didn't say anything else. She didn't know what to say, and honestly wasn't going to try and figure anything out. Ash was one person she could let her guard down, and she definitely loved that.

However, she also knew that she'd likely end up bloody after this. It wasn't something that was too surprised about, though. She expected her brother to beat her up a bit with this.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 05:08:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash finished his sandwich, and gulped down some of a bottle of water, before looking over at Alice, and rising to his feet.

"All right." he said.

"If you want to learn to fight, let's do it." he told her.

"Hand-to-hand, come at me with everything you have." he continued, as they walked to a more clear area of the backyard. "We'll see what needs improving." he said further.

Sure enough, by the end of it, which was close to 2 hours, Alice was weakened, had a few bruises, and had definite cuts from rough landings. And she was exhausted.

"I see." Ash commented.

"You have a minor amount of skill, but it needs to be amplified, and then refined." he told her. "You'll need to refine your aggressive fighting, and learn counter-measure fighting as well." he went on.

"But... you DO have potential." he admitted.

"You all right?" he then asked as he approached her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 05:13:04 )

Alice was silent as ash said all he did. She just sank to the grassy ground beneath ehr and laid back. When he asked if she was all right, she just gave him a thumbs up, but didn't actually move.

She hurt, a lot, but she knew she'd be ok in the end. Just needed to give her nerves some time to calm down and whatnot. She'd be smarting for the next few days at least, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 05:34:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Good." Ash responded.

"Once you've stopped being sore, we'll continue." he told her.

"Oh, right." he then muttered. He made his way to the cooler, and then returned with a bottle of water.

"You're going to need to hydrate." he said.

"Even if it hurts to move now, you're going to need to drink something now." he went on.

"It'll speed up your recovery more than one would think."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 05:43:24 )

She didn't say anything before getting herself up to a seated position, and accepting the bottle. She 'cheers' him with it as a way of saying thank you, before opening it and taking a drink, knowing he was right, and she did need to hydrate herself.

She didn't down half the bottle, but close, before sighing and just meeting her brothers gaze.

"Is there anything you want me to keep in mind, for this bout?" She asked

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.