Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fire and Ice

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 00:35:34 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just sighed as he hung up the phone. He stared at it for a few seconds, before shaking his head slightly and rising to his feet. It was a call that he was wary about, but he wasn't outright concerned. Not yet.

The call had been from the school that his twin daughters, Alice and Vicki, attended. The woman on the other end had specifically stated that neither of them were in any trouble, nor had anything horrible happened. However, something had happened, mana-wise, and either himself or Rowena needed to come in so that it could be discussed with either of them.

And it usually defaulted to him, seeing as the Fyrane name still carried that stigma to it... or, at the very least, Rowena felt that her presence would bring judging eyes and unwarranted attention.

So, he was designated as the one that would go to these things, unless it was a private meeting, or a teacher meeting them for the first time.

As such, he made sure he was presentable, smoothed out his shirt and pants, combed his hair down so that it was tamed, and used his mana to disappear in a small whirlwind, appearing in the designated area of the school office for incoming parents. Once there, he sat and waited for the principal to call him in, which he quickly did, shutting the door behind him.

"Hello again, Mrs. Hall." he greeted her, taking a seat.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 00:49:54 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Greetings, Vincent." The woman said.

"As I said over the phone, there is no trouble going to be befall either of your girls. However, little Victoria did cause a bit of a ruckus earlier in gym." She told him honestly.

"Howso?" Vincent asked, his voice curious, and also a bit concerned.

"She froze the dodgeball when she caught it, and threw it before she realised it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 01:19:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Vincent was silent for a moment as he heard that.

"Oh, I... I see." he said.

"That's... was anyone hurt by it?" he asked.

"No, no, the one it was thrown to managed to just get out of the way." she responded.

"That is a massive relief." Vincent sighed.

"But I suppose I must talk to Victoria about her mana now, as it seems to be manifesting itself."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 01:31:06 )

"The worst is that when it hit the floor, it shattered, and some kids were hit with the pieces. No one was harmed, but they're kids, and didn't like it."She told him honestly.

"But yes, speaking to her would likely be a good idea."She continued. "Since there is most certainly reason to now. We don't want there to be an actual issue that crops up at all." she agreed with a nod.

"However, I think it might be good for her to head home. The other kids are either scared of her, or won't leave her alone. She's the first to show mana in her class."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 01:51:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent hung his head a little.

"...of course." he said.

"Such is the curse of mana maturing early." he lamented.

"I'll collect her and we'll head home." he then said further, thinking about it.

"Where is she right now?" he asked.

"And it's just her. Nothing with Alice?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 01:53:58 )

"Nothing with Alice so far." He was told honestly.

"However, she's fielding a million and five questions as well." She added.

"So if you want to take both of them, that is perfectly all right. And they should be in their classroom." She continued.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 02:15:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I'll be taking Alice as well." Vincent responded.

"The last thing she needs is to be alone with a barrage of questions about something that... really doesn't concern her." he reasoned.

With the principal agreeing with him on that, he left her office and made his way to the classroom he knew his daughters had. He paused for a moment at it, before knocking and opening the door.

"Hello, hello?" he said as he did so, seeing Alice and Vicki sitting alone in the room.

"Alice? Vicki?" he addressed them.

"I'm here to take you home." he said with a smile.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 02:22:39 )

"Hey dad." Vicki said after a moment or two. Alice was sitting a good distance away from her, which was odd.

"Careful... I'm cold." She added, to explain why her sister was keeping her distance.

"... taking us home?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 02:44:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent nodded in response.

"Yes." he said.

"Don't worry, you're not in trouble or anything." he assured them.

"It's just been an eventful day, so it would be best if the two of you had some time away from the other children, so they're not bothering you or pestering you." he told them honestly.

"And I can deal with the cold." he then chuckled, forming a ball of ice in his palm.

"But yes, I'm here to take you home early."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 02:53:08 )

Alice was silent before getting to her feet.

"... good. I don't wanna deal with the questions." She commented.

"Same." Vicki agreed.

"Let's go." She then said after the pair reached Vincent.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 03:24:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just smiled as they reached him.

"You need anything before we go?" he asked.

When they responded in the negative, he placed a hand on a shoulder each, and the three disappeared in a small whirlwind he whipped up, appearing back at their home, in the backyard.

"All right." he said, letting go.

"The first thing I want to stress, is that neither of you are in trouble, obviously, and that what happened is something that happens in every mages life." he told them further.

"It's simply ones mana... coming into itself."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 03:28:26 )

"I know." Vicki said.

"I... I'm just happy no one got hurt." She added after a moment or two as Alic just headed off.

"I'mma go read!" She called before vanishign inside the house.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 03:47:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Bye, sweetie!" Vincent called to her as she vanished into the house.

He then looked at Vicki, and nodded.

"I'm happy for that as well." he told her.

"However, this means we're going to have to start teaching you how to control your mana, so this doesn't happen again." he stated, wondering how Rowena would take this news.

"And we'll need to tell your mother about what happened." he said further.

"Make sure she knows what's going on."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 03:48:55 )

Vicki was silent for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah. Of course." She agreed.

"Is she home?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 04:11:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"She should be." Vincent responded.

"Though if I recall, she's in her workshop area." he then said, thinking about it. "But I don't think she's working on anything, per se, just sketching out ideas and doing some minor scheduling." he continued.

"Let's go check." he suggested.

"Though she might already know we're home. She might have heard your sister when she went inside." he reasoned.

"Let's just go inside and well and find out."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 04:20:00 )

"I'mma go talk to her then." Vicki said before taking off. She was thrilled to have mana, after all, and it wasn't hard to tell.

Rowena took it well, although it wasn't hard to guess that she was surprised. There was at least one Fyrane that wasn't a fire mage. It was something that was unheard of, and she couldnt' deny the fact that she wanted to know if the rune was a factor, but didn't dare testing things to try and find out.

Alice's mana came forth within a couple months, and she seemed to be predominantly fire. Both Vicki and Alice had multi elemental abilities, much like their father, but Alice most certainly took after her mother more.

Vicki, meanwhile, was a rarity. She could utilise both allighnments. Tainted, from the Fyrane flames, and pure from her father.

Sometime around three years after their mana came forth, Alic was sitting in the yard at school during lunch, reading, her teacher approached, looking none too happy. It was early in the school year, as well.

"Alice Fyrane, come with me." Was all they said before heading off, expecting Alice to follow. She did, but she was confused, and puzzled.

What the hell was the cause of this? Was she in trouble...? There was no way for her to know, really, without going with. So she was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 04:40:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As Alice and the teacher started to head off, a few other students noticed that this was happening. Specifically, a young male student that had been doing some touch football with some others, Vicki included.

He seemed to be more than a little fixated by this, before he the football smacked him in the chest suddenly, his reflexes taking over and having him catch it.

"Hey! Nick! Get your head outta the clouds!" another student yelled.

"Vicki's comin' right for ya!" he yelled further.

Nick looked over towards where Vicki was coming from, jumped a little, and started to run, but he was a hair too slow, as she managed to lightly swat his back, effectively 'tackling' him.

"Aww damn it." he cursed, lightly spiking the ball in frustration.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 04:50:29 )

Vicki just laughed before draping an arm over his shoulders, pulling him in, her naturally lower than average body temperature something that the one named Nick tended to like.

"Better luck next time, Nicki" She said jokingly before planting a kiss on his cheek, making his face go bright red. She knew he liked her, and had no issues with taunting him with it. It was then that she saw the teacher walking with Alice.

"... What the..." She muttered, her attention diverted for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 05:13:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah." Nick responded, shaking off his embarrassment from the kiss.

"I noticed Mr. Grear came and talk to her for a moment, and now they're both heading off." he said.

"And he did NOT look happy." he went on.

"Your sister hasn't really been acting up or anything, I don't think." he continued. "No attitude, no late stuff, so... I'm quite confused." he admitted as well, as they saw the two of them disappear inside one of the doors.

"We need to talk." the teacher said to Alice.

"About a very concerning situation."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 05:15:23 )

"What?" Alice asked.

"What do you mean? What's going on?" followed a few seconds later, concern in her voice, but also a calmness that was usually lacking from most childred and teens.

"Did something happen to Mom? My sister...?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.