Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 ┤▒├ Collecting Dust bunnies

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 22:56:37 )
    @Wildfire: being out in nature is so good for your health! Physical and mental. What kind of things are you growing in your garden? Fruit etc or flowers?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 22:59:59 )
@sunny: Yeah, it really is! I'm growing -or trying to grow- a mix of things. I have a blueberry bush, and a little banana tree, and some okra and eggplant (aubergine) and tomato, but I'm also trying to grow some flowers. The flowers are slow to come up for some reason (or so it seems) and there's some kind of bugs eating the leaves of some of my other plants... I'll have to sort that out soon :3 Ugh.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:01:12 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet | Drip Drop Fairy | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d’espoir | His Elegance | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Bird Handler | Winter Stroll | Wild Magic | WZRD | Under New Managment | Witchery | Raven Mage | Headless Rider |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @sunny: I mean its close to how I want it it's just not all the way there haha.

<:3( )~~

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:03:11 )
    @Wildfire: so much good stuff!! Good luck with growing it all, I bet it will taste extra delicious being home grown. Pests are the worst, that's honestly what stops me from really trying with my plants. They just get munched on and it feels like we're powerless to stop it, unless you want to use all those chemicals which can affect the plant.... Ugh.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:04:01 )
    @star2000shadow: which part is it you're struggling with?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:06:26 )
@sunny: Oh, it's amazing the difference in taste between something from the garden (a tomato, for example) versus the ones you get from the store. The pests are... pests. There are ways of dealing with them without chemicals, which I'm trying, but I have a steep learning curve and am still trying to ID the darn things before they destroy the plants. I'll get there. Eventually. Maybe. XD ........ yeah, I will. :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:09:01 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet | Drip Drop Fairy | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d&rsquo;espoir | His Elegance | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Bird Handler | Winter Stroll | Wild Magic | WZRD | Under New Managment | Witchery | Raven Mage | Headless Rider |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @sunny: I'm debating on a new outfit hair style, just not sure 'shrugs' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:25:47 )

@Wildfire: I think it was a good idea. Sometimes people would rather hang in a user thread instead of an official one.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:27:03 )
    @Wildfire: I'm sure you will get there, I have everything crossed for you!!

@star2000shadow: o I see! Good luck with your tweaking :)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:27:40 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, sometimes. I'm sure there's more activity in the official thread, though, because although some people enjoy a smaller environment, others don't, or they feel like they can't or shouldn't pop in to "somebody else's" thread. Or so I've been told.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:28:33 )

@Wildfire: I've heard that a lot too. They think that entering someone's thread or hangout is something they shouldn't do, but little to they know that us owners would love to have a new person join haha

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:29:05 )
@sunny: awwww, thank you! <3 I really need to just get out there, inspect everything and then call a friend or ten with more experience dealing with these things XD LOL. It's worth it though - even if the buggies eat my veggies, I'm learning a lot and it's an excuse to get outside at least a little bit ... and I'm learning stuff :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:30:39 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah. I've heard that a fair amount during my time online in these forums... and yes, I suppose it can be a little daunting for some folks to jump in to an established conversation that happens to be going on in a thread, but most thread owners are quite welcoming and, like you said, enjoy having new people pop in!!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:32:06 )
    @Wildfire: that's true, it's all a part of the experience! You will learn and grow for next time. I don't even know what kind of bugs you guys have over there but British bugs are like super hardy and persistent lol.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:38:22 )
@sunny: yeah... since I'm in a semi-tropical region of the U.S., the bugs (and growing season) are very different from the rest of the country... and since I didn't grow up here, the learning curve is even steeper. So far the little buggers are pretty voracious! I have a couple plants that look more like lace than plants right now and they didn't look like that yesterday! XD I'm trying not to take it personally.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:39:42 )

Howdy howdy.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:41:56 )
@Another Movie Addict: Well hello there, AMA. How are you doing today? You're just in time for the start of teh event!!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:43:15 )

Lol I just got home from the worst day I've ever had at my job. XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:44:43 )
Oh no! ... and that's saying something! What on earth happened?? I'm sorry you had a bad day!! :(

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:46:15 )

We had a possible theft. A rude ass hole. Messed up till. And I got NOTHING done.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.