Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 ┤▒├ Collecting Dust bunnies

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:50:03 )
A possible theft??? How did that play out... if it messed up the till, either somebody on the till is embezzling or there's more to the story than you've related so far

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:51:30 )

When my coworker went to take their lunch, I was to cover it for them. While I was out covering their shift, I found a book with its dust jacket taken off. But it wasn't the right book. Someone switched the books to get it cheaper. The book was one of our autographed books.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:52:47 )
Aaaah... that makes sense... but yeah, that's just rude. What did the manager have to say about that? (& why do people do that kind of thing - ugh!)

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:54:02 )

When I called him to report the theft, we had to figure out what approximate time it may have happened. So we can look on the security footage to see who did it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:56:09 )
Oh yeah... wow. So then is the store going to report it as a theft to the police, or let it go as an internal thing... or something else? That's like a weird theft... it is, but they bought something... it's more like a lie...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:58:44 )

It's still technically theft, and we'll probably just ban that customer from the store.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:10:19 )
Oh, I'm not debating that it's theft... just saying that it's kind of a weird one...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:15:01 )

Yeah it is, and a shit thing to do.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:29:52 )
Yeah, definitely a shit thing to do. :(
How was your day otherwise?

(if I disappear, my guys just got home...)

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:31:15 )

It was exhausting. Right now we have a new person, and she's my best friend. >w> And I'm learning why you should probably not work with your friends.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:33:11 )
Oh yeah... that's always a tough lesson. There are reasons why there are so many sayings about not working with, going in to business with, etc., your friends or family...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:34:55 )

Mhmm. It's just tough lol and makes me very very tired.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:46:58 )
Yeah, it takes a certain amount of different energy to navigate those waters...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:50:52 )

Yep, and I'm being watched heavily because of it. Especially since I want to be leadership.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 01:17:22 )
    @Wildfire: oh no! The lace stage is pretty bad :( I hope your plants can heal. If it helps, my orange tree has been under attack for like four years now, and it's still going. It's even been in the lace stage a few times. Plants can be just as resilient as the bugs at times!!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 01:21:27 )
@Another Movie Addict: Is this the friend who helped you get the job to begin with?

@sunny: Yeah, one of my tomato plants is looking pretty see-through right now, but it's near the end of tomato season for us. Still, I should figure out what's going on with it and treat it before the buggers go on to something else that isn't at the end of its growing season...
Orange tree - for some reason, it didn't occur to me that they would grow well in England. But you don't have the orange grove blight that is around here, do you?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 01:23:54 )

No, he left like a year ago. She decided to apply to my job because I'm there.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 01:24:32 )
    @Wildfire: it does not grow particularly well in England lol. It has been in a constant state of near death since I got it. It hasn't given fruit since the first year. Lmao. I know nothing about the blight so I can't say either way, but I do know this tree is a fighter!

I heard tomato plants do well indoors? Not that that will help you currently. I have grown them indoors in individual pots before m

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 07:56:51 )
How do you call dustbunnies out of cat hair? Dustkitten? If yes i collect dustkitties everyday!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 12:42:17 )
@Miss Sandman: lol... nah, they're all dust bunnies. They can be dust and dirt, cat hair, dog hair, or any other random bits of things that tend to collect and float around the house, gathering in corners and under things! :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.