Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 Anniversary Gift from the Guardians || Rates LOCKED-IN

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:16:21 )
@sunny: I'm good, just realized an event was going on. I've been spending to much time playing games and neglecting other hobbies.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:17:02 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Winter Stroll | WZRD | Under New Managment | Headless Rider | Flutterby | Queen Titania | Purr For You | Porcelain Pianissimo | Dazzling Sun | Deadly Darling | Reaper of Space | Wicked

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @sunny: it is and i can't do the stairs yet, my balance is still off maybe after I lose a few more pounds. <:3( )~~

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:18:33 )
    @Rei Ann: ah, would you like me to send you some confetti?

@star2000shadow: that’s understandable:) stairs are tough sometimes, I wish more places had lifts :( but I understand it’s expensive to have them fitted.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — she/they/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:20:46 )

@Wildfire:
interesting
i may or may
not like it but
i'd definitely
try to see

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:21:12 )
@sunny: Oh you can if you want, but you don't have to. I have till sunday to earn enough right?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:21:14 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Winter Stroll | WZRD | Under New Managment | Headless Rider | Flutterby | Queen Titania | Purr For You | Porcelain Pianissimo | Dazzling Sun | Deadly Darling | Reaper of Space | Wicked

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @sunny: yeah but you'd think for a 'handicap accessable place' they'd have someway for people who need walkers or wheelchairs to get to the basement where they have the laundrymat 'grumbles' ah well. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:24:51 )

@Totalanimefan: they did all that for what's technically a temporary job?? That's wild. But I don't mind answering. I've actually been disabled due to cancer for a couple years, but before that I worked as a probation officer (ick) and then a mental healthcare case worked. I also had internships with legal firms when I was in law school, but that also ended because of cancer.

@CooperationIsKey: Omg no I have those kind of pill boxes too! 💀 I have... Three meds for mental health, then the rest are chemos, thyroid stuff, anti-Alzheimer's, or symptom management. It all adds up to almost an extra bag when I fly, but fortunately I can't be charged cuz it's all medical. ;D

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ✫ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:30:57 )

@kittyberry: Oh god, flying is such a headache with all that medicine, isn't it? I don't have anything as harsh as chemo but I do have enough pill bottles that I always forget how many. I also keep a med list in my phone because god knows I can't keep track of it in my head!!
Please ping me!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:34:15 )
@Totalanimefan: Congrats on graduating. I've been alright. Been busy with work, and then I get so stress out, i kinda only spend my free time just zoning on games. It's why I poof alot.

I hope you find a job in the field you want soon.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:40:43 )
@Totalanimefan: My job can just be stressful. I'm actually been going to therapy to help mange that, and some trauma. It turns out, I have mild ptsd, so kinda par for the course I guess?

Oh, I hated when job interview feel like that. Here hoping you knock's the next one out of the park.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:43:52 )

@CooperationIsKey: It is! And I don't fly all the time, but I'm lucky enough to have parents who can help support me, so I do get to go visit friends who live far away. But keeping up with all the medicine is definitely a task for anyone who takes the number of meds I imagine we both use.

@Totalanimefan: Oop, yeah, I guess I forgot to mention that. 😅 I'm so used to having cancer be such a large part of my life I forget not everyone knows. I was diagnosed with Stage IV inflammatory breast cancer (super rare type) in July 2019. It spread to my brain in autumn 2020. But I've gotten better, sort of. Once you're diagnosed with Stage IV it's incurable, but mine is more chronic than terminal at the moment.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ✫ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:52:46 )
@Totalanimefan: My current therapy level, is like directly related to my DR office, so it's therapy lite. She wants me to find a specialized trauma therapy for the PTSD, but I have low energy levels, to do the things that help me, so endless cycle. I am not familiar with the term EMDR, but I'll look into it, so thank you for sharing that.

Oh I hate when they do that, cause like every job is different, and every office is different. How the heck am I suppose to know how you do something compared to x, y or z.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:00:41 )
@Totalanimefan: It's what my therapist wants me to do. I've made some steps to doing so, but job hunting, interviews all that junk, to me is just like the worst. I know after I'll be better off for it, but I already have 0 spoons once I come home, trying to job hunt would like kill me more. Dramatic I know. I have made a linkin, and a new resume and I am letting my well connected friend share it with some of his contacts, so I have started, but doing it in a lite mode.

So many jobs just want someone who knows everything to come in. I have found in my years of working, there are lots of people who hate training people and will do anything to avoid doing that at their company, even if they are in fact the boss and keep the worst employees ever just to avoid it.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:08:44 )
@Totalanimefan: I think that might be a good idea for a new step. I am also thinking of staying on here at the current job, just until the new year. I do have a small disney trip coming up in December, and they typically do a nice Christmas bonus, and I've worked at this hell for 3 years, so I at least deserve the money. But I didn't know about the early apply thing, so I will for sure look into that.

He could, but he works in a computer field, and I work in legal work, so he'd wouldn't really be able to help me. I really need to make a list of my for sure yays and for sure no's for a new job, before I get to next steps.

Youtube and google I guess? Like I am willing to learn, just train me. Like it's annoying, when they expect to have the perfect candidature who knows everything, and has 20 years of exp, but is willing to be paid pennies. It's like are we living in the same world?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:13:34 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm actually super open and comfortable talking about basically my entire experience as a cancer patient. I've been able to help others through that, so that always feels good. But yeah, cancer is a bitch that hopefully we'll exterminate sooner rather than later. Thinking about working at Nordstrom's though... Could be a nice time or an absolute train wreck having to appease rich people, lmao.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ✫ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:19:51 )
@Totalanimefan: Plus, they give us xmas gifts, and one of them tends to do a 50 gift card, and I want it. Kinda of selfish, but whatev. They don't wanna handle the employees or like deal with people who do a bad job, on fricking purpose. tell us to all come in by 8:30 am, and it's still only me on time, like it has been for the last 3 years. -rant over-

Thank you for showing me the screenie. I'll look out for those, when I want to get the jump on that.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:28:08 )
@Totalanimefan: Right, but the bonus is also decent, and a change to rebuild savings after the stairs project at the house killed them.

But therapy has helping, it's why I've done some of my old hobbies again. Like my ouat fanfic, or like making a few sims mods. It's like I've reclaimed part of my self, but at the same time I just work in sort of hell.

Yeah, it can be. My bosses don't like to fire or train people. It's like a major flaw. Other ways there are great bosses, but I like work being done right and going well, and there something very stressful about having a coworker who 100 negative all the time, and rants and b*tches after every call with a client. Then like does weaponized incompetence. If she was gone, I don't think I'd hate it as much. but I think I'm doing that whole rationalizing, why it's not bad thing, which is kinda bad of me, so lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:33:54 )
@Totalanimefan: Wait is this the house you just moved into, or had finished while at the apartment?

We kinda of want to sell our house and move somewhere bigger, but I think we need a bit more funds on hand for a better down payment.

Therapy should be less stigmatized, cause it can help people. I just wish there wasn't such a shortage of professions for people to see.

Right, my old job before this, also like super sucked, management, but like with my direct boss we had a great repour, and ran our team well. I miss that sometimes. It was a bigger company, so the issues here, didn't really like happen, and at least the old place would fire people if they needed to. But cons and pros each side.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:50:41 )
@Totalanimefan: That's the thing, interest rates are too wonky to risk moving. But if we have or adopt kids, then we'd have to. My husband works from home, in our living room, he needs his own office. But the only spare room we have, has the litter boxes, and so like he doesn't want to work there. Damn open house concepts make it hard to put a litter box somewhere. and heating costs. Meh.

Well I am glad that you got out from the money sink. I hate when houses are like that, which is more times than not.

Right? But pros and cons. So just gottan keep trying.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 01:05:13 )
@Totalanimefan: Bath's are too small. There zero space. It's basically walk in, sink, toilet right next to it, and then right next to it a tub/shower. It's kinda like a two by three title sims bathroom.

Like there not even like a towel rack in one of them .I want one of those fancy self cleaning litter robots, but costly.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.