Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts THE · NOSTROMO

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 04:17:58 )
@Vii: Its all good. But I understand how you feel on that.

To be honest, when I first started looking in the shops, I actually debated on not opening a shop. :( I mean, I even felt discouraged when I saw someone else's pixel art, even though they were a newbie at it (which there is nothing wrong with that at all). I also had to remove one of the pixel bases that I was selling since someone else was selling art with it, even though they just opened up that shop though mine was much older with the base being offered.

LETS BURN DEPRESSION'S HOUSE DOWN TOGETHER!

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 20:30:53 )
@Queen Prisma: Yeah, I'm not even gonna try selling profiles, since everyone's pretty much gonna be clambering after Aly or Prodigy. Don't you love it when you're basically invisible. Lol. So I figured I'd save myself the disappointment and frustration. xD Sucks that that one person apparently didn't look to see if anyone was using the base already, either. :C

YES! TAKE THAT, DEPRESSION! I HOPE ALL YOUR MEMENTOES GO FIRST

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 05:39:43 )
@Vii: I was offering to buy a profile from ya. :) Plus I didn't see if they had set prices, but most of it was bribe. >.>
It was Prodigy that was selling art on the base. :( They were also offering more animation choices than I was. I saw the pixel in their sig and didn't think much of it, I thought that maybe they bought it from someone else, turns out they made that themself. I kinda wish they would credit the base maker, but if they are the base maker, then I really can't say much on that.

YEEEAAAAAHHH!!!!!!! -grabs the bad memories and shoves it into the air lock to be blown out to space-
-cuddles Fluffy the Xenomorph-

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 19:42:30 )
@Queen Prisma: I have a few orders and such to catch up on, but I'd be glad to make you a profile ^-^ still haven't gotten quite into the swing of things over here so it takes me a lot longer than on Sapherna. xD

Ah, I see :/ that can be disconcerting. And it bothers me when people don't credit source artists and stuff. :c Partially because it's disrespectful but partially because I've been chewed out so may times for not having credit up or something. xD I hate how some people can get away with things that others can't. c':

*also cuddles fluffy*

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 06:10:25 )
@Vii: Its all good. :) Just take your time. Feel free to send me a link when you get done.

It really is and same here! Plus it even says to credit them for the base if you use it for commissions on other sites. Now, I will accept it if they made the base themself, but even then, come on?

-Fluffy purrs loudly-

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 01:18:04 )
@Queen Prisma: Sorry for poofing! c': I spent most of my weekend trying to catch up on RPs and actually got a good chunk finished. I'm close to having enough points to buy the faction I've been planning! What've you been up to? How are you doing? c:

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 04:18:40 )
@Vii: Its all good. I need to join in on another RP, but I just haven't been up to looking for one. xD

Good luck on getting the faction thingy. :) And I've just been working. Off for four days in a row. I recently got my predator and xenomorph plushies that I ordered online. They are so cute! But I love the xenomorph one more. The predator one looks so derp. Dx

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 09:56:01 )
@Queen Prisma: Well if you're into forum-based RP and like cyberpunk / supernatural, you should swing by Vexxor sometime ~ I go through phases where I'll rapid-fire posts for a few days, and then go a couple weeks without even making a single post. c':

Four-day weekends (or I guess weekends in general) are awesome but then when you have to go back to work it's like... "But WHYYYY! I've been enjoying this thing called freedom! Q-Q" but then of course, the bills come. rip

Also, I didn't even know I needed Predator and Xeno plushies in my life until you said that. I MUST SEE THEM! That sounds awesome!!

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 21:07:27 )
@Vii: Ah, I'll try and check it out some time. :)

I know, right? Its like, all of this free time to do crap then.... BAM! You gotta go to work and adult! "But I wanna stay home and cuddle my cute xenomorph plush!" Who cares! Just get to work!

They are awesome! Plus they are super soft. I'll try and upload a photo soon. The xenomorph has this cute little smilely face on the inner mouth.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 22:47:09 )
@Queen Prisma: I weep when I think about people who spend pretty much their entire adult lives working full time+ (my boss, for instance, is 83 and works 6 days a week), our time on Earth is so precious and definitely not worth any compensation that can be given. But then at the same time, society is way easier than having to make my own clothes, forage my own food, build my own shelter... c':

And cool, I'm excited to see them! I love plushies and action figures and such. My grandma always kind of chastised me and thought I needed to grow up because I held onto all my stuffed animals for a very long time, but... growing up is overrated. I'd rather have cool things that make me happy, I don't care if they're considered "juvenile". >:3

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 01:41:13 )
@Vii: To be honest, I do feel like I am signing my life away when I aply for a job. But life is too short in some ways.

People say that cartoons are for kids, same thing for anime, but its best to ignore people like that. Plus one day, I do hope to get a xenomorph queen action figure eventually. Same goes for the Super Black Predator.

And here is the photo. :P
https://i.imgur.com/Q4k1Mqo.jpg

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 19:14:45 )
@Queen Prisma: Aww they're adorable! I love how the details on Predator's mask sort of look like a giant frown. xD

And that's where I'm at whenever I'm at work, and it's slow... I think about how I'm standing there wasting time and can never get that time back. c': Not super excited to go into work today as it's my longest shift of the week, but, hopefully time actually goes by today. c':

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 20:15:16 )
@Vii: I know, right? The only problem is that they are pretty small. I kinda wish they were much bigger so I could cuddle them both in each arm. Plus, predators are so grumpy, maybe they should hug a xenomorph to get happy. Such cuddley creatures!
-cuddles Fluffy and he looks down at me as if he was saying, "Seriously? I am not hugging a predator!"-

Oh darn, standing up for a shift is horrible! DX I worked as a cashier and I didn't like it. I dreaded the fact when they asked me if I wanted to stay longer. Dx

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:36:29 )
@Queen Prisma: Bigger plushies are always better! But they can get so expensive sometimes, especially if the subject in question has become really popular. q-q That also totally reminded me of one of my favourite gifs (you've probably seen it before but who doesn't love a little AvP: Roommate Edition?)

I work as a server, so I'm on my feet for most of my shift, but I typically get a few breaks, and usually sit down and have a cup of soup at some point. xD I applied for a couple cashier jobs buuut they never hired me. I guess I'm thankful in a way as I've always been able to make more in less time as a server.

Staying later after you've been looking forward to get off is one of the worst feelings of the first world. >:C Or getting a big rush right as you're about to get off.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 05:43:20 )
@Vii: OMG! I love that gif! It always makes me giggle!

I was a server once, it was pretty ok, but my tip rate wasn't that good. Plus it really gave me a whole new perspective on it too. What do you serve at? A chain restaurant or a family one? I worked for waffle house.
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 05:45:01 )
.w. *beeps in here* How is everyone? What have I missed?

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 21:07:01 )
@Queen Prisma: I knooow, it's been one of my fave gifs ever since I first saw it. xD
I work at a mom-and-pop's called Vail Family Steakhouse; business is pretty slow as I live in a really spread-out town, and the restaurant just has a weird location. xD Most of our business is regular customers who are in a few times a week, sometimes a few times a day. (Yeah pretty boring area where I live c':)
And jeeze, I can only imagine what it was like to work at a Waffle House. xD Don't get me wrong tho, I love going there when it's 3 AM and I've had a bit to drink lol.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 21:08:28 )
@superbearwars: Hello~ sorry I never got back to you earlier, I was at work yesterday, then we ran errands after that and I just wanted to go to sleep when we finally got home. xD Welcome to The Nostromo! Help yourself to some space tea and space snacks ^-^
How are you liking Voltra so far? o:

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 23:23:23 )
@Vii: Oh hey no worries! I'm really enjoying Voltra so far. Lovely place. :3
dear Lord I need a new signature someone help me

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 23:32:27 )
@superbearwars: I haven't been as active lately as I was when things first started, but that's what happens when you spread yourself across a bunch of projects and hobbies. xD What're you up to today? o:
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.