Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts THE · NOSTROMO

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 23:34:09 )
@Vii: :'> Haha I know exactly how you feel. I'm hoping to start drawing again soon and I know that's going to take huge chunks out of my avatar site time...

Pretty much all I've done so far today is sleep lol x_x But going to relax a bit, I guess?

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 23:44:56 )
@superbearwars: I keep trying to get drawing again, especially since it's Inktober, though I've already failed the draw-every-day challenge. xD I was too tired yesterday and didn't do any doodling at work which is pretty unusual. Went to bed at like, 8, and slept until nearly 7 this morning. c':

Relaxing is good! I'm just starting my weekend, and I'd like to play some Destiny but I also need to scrape together a few more volts so I can buy the rest of the event items. I'd like to have at least one of everything and keeping up from the beginning should be easy enough... hopefully... c':

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 23:47:36 )
*pops in after ages* How has everyone been? I got sick, then work got super busy, and I forgot I had a computer. It seems I missed the entire first event.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 23:51:04 )
@AelloTyphoeus: Heeey welcome back! I kinda poofed a bit too and ended up missing a chunk of the event, though thankfully managed to enter at least one of the contest. I've collected at least one copy of most of the items, too. You'll have until tomorrow (night, I assume?) to buy them all from the shops!

Hopefully you're feeling better. *passes over some space tea* Being sick is horrid, I hate it with a passion. xD But it's good for your body, I guess, as it kills off old, weak, and dying cells, and you end up stronger for it. o:

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 23:57:17 )
Yeah. I managed to get the event items out so far, but I'm still kind of bummed I missed the event. Hopefully I'll be able to hang out more though. I also hope I can donate this month holy poop the monthlies!!!

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 23:58:57 )
@Vii: Yeah I feel you with being too tired/busy to draw. x__x I just haven't had any motivation.

I really want to collect lots of items here too! Just gotta save volts ;w;

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:04:22 )
@Vii: Working at Mom and Pop shops can be cool, I never worked at one though. I've always tend to work for chains. ^^;; Not sure why. Yeah, Waffle House was heck. I couldn't stand it as long as I did work there. Most of the customers that we did have were regulars. I had one that I got confused on when I asked if he wanted coffee, I didn't normally serve him, but he was rude as hell. I ignored that guy.
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:08:54 )
@AelloTyphoeus: You know, I think it's kind of funny, and maybe this is just my imagination--but it seems that the early donation items for a lot of avatar sites are angels / demons themed. xD Once I pay off my bills and know precisely how much I can afford to waste donate, I'll definitely be picking up a couple crates too!

@superbearwars: There are a lot of commons I have yet to get x_x for a few days at a time I'll just forget to log into places (I do it on FR all the time, rip) and it always happens to be around the time of events, too. xD I miss ALL the DragCave events. q-q

@Queen Prisma: Mom-and-Pops places can indeed be really cool, some of the rules are usually pretty lax and the owners are more in-tune with their business, so they're less likely to bend over backwards or kiss ass for greedy / butthead customers. You know, the ones who go in there planning to get their meal for free. xD But sometimes they can be real sticklers about what you can or can't do, and they have a far smaller margin for waste, so often times I end up paying for mistakes out of pocket, whereas when I worked for a bigger association, we ended up comping tickets left and right. And I'm not gonna lie. I shamelessly stole things like cookie dough and Oreos. xD

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:10:34 )
@Vii: Aw man, I'm that way with FR too. I only got ONE chest from my own flight's festival this year... but then, they didn't have many skins that I really liked, anyway. :x So I guess it's okay.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:11:09 )
@Vii: Yeah I think it's because they're the type of items that pretty much everyone wants so it's almost guaranteed donations early in the game.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:12:48 )
That's a good point about the donation items. I'm just hoping I can save up enough volts to get items that will be valuable later on, haha!

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:21:52 )
I'm hoping I can donate at least $25 this month. And with Chemical getting a job it should be able yo happen!!! Whoot!

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:24:43 )
@superbearwars: Right!? I'll do well at collecting the event currency for a while, and then taper off for the last day or two, usually only getting 2 or 3 of the 4 items. q-q I wanted to hold onto some of my items for a while until they became REALLY valuable, like the Pre-Launch crate, but am so impulsive and usually end up selling something to get the next thing I want. xD Good luck with collecting and holding onto things, though! Aside from DIs, EIs are the best thing to stock up on and let "ferment"!

@AelloTyphoeus: True enough. xD I'm usually not big into angels and demon stuff, but the items here are all really rich and well made! I'm excited to see what avatars will look like a couple years down the line as we're already seeing some really nice diversity. And hooray for getting jobs and donating! Or really just having money in general. c':

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:28:52 )
@vii: Thanks for the tips! I definitely don't have the volts just yet to get DIs--maybe if I really hustled and saved up--but I'm stocking up on extras from this event for now. :o

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:30:49 )
I'm wondering if I should sell a couple of my pre-launch crates. I've got a few extras and could use the volts.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:32:12 )
But... but... what if you held onto them and waited until they were worth even MORE? o-o

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:40:34 )
@AelloTyphoeus: Don't do it! Hold onto them! LET THEM FESTERR!
I mean, seriously though, imagine the ridiculous price those things will net around this time next year. c':

@superbearwars: Oh, no problem! ^-^ I'm super lame at posting so I haven't collected duplicates of the event items yet. q-q but we'll see how things go! I'm not sure exactly what time the items will be leaving the shops tomorrow, either. Hopefully in the evening so I can squeeze a few more posts in. xD
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:40:47 )
Yeah, I'm just so bad at waiting and saving. Lols

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:49:04 )
@Vii: Haha, yeah, hopefully! Winter still hasn't gotten all the event items yet so I'm also hoping they'll stick around until late in the day. *crosses fingers* :3
dear Lord I need a new signature someone help me

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:58:23 )
Do we know if we're getting more event recolors or if they're done?
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.