Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Familiar Effects

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 02:19:39 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just smirked.

"Then let's help you narrow it down." he said.

"According to Zeria, a phoenix taking refuge here, she can recall being in Suriname." he informed Gaea.

"Possibly French Guiana." he then added.

"But that's as close as she can remember." he continued.

"Surely that will help expedite the process?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 02:23:35 )

Terra was silent for a moment before chuckling.

"Yes... Yes that does certainly help. It will make it notably quicker." She told him.

"I am still not entirely sure how long it will take, depends on any protections she may have. I will be able to work through them, but I don't know how easily I can, or how difficult they will be."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 02:43:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal nodded, before pausing.

"Wait." he said.

"Wait, wait." he muttered.

"Hold on. DON'T search for Vanessa Encrae." he said.

"Zeria remembered that Vanessa didn't stay there. She was likely staying away from the place, in case of discovery." he told her.

"But she DID recall a wood elf." he informed her.

"So if you can find a woof elf, surrounded by animals/familiars, THAT'S where they'll be."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 02:47:33 )

Terra paused.

"That... would make it notably easier, yeah." She agreed with a light chuckle.

"Elves have a specific trickiness to them, but considering what I am, I can most certainly find them." She stated, ehr voice sounding kind as he would expect... but there was a definite darkness to it, bublling beneath the surface.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 03:06:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The darkness had not been missed by Hal.

And it frightened him.

"Ah, good." he said.

"Glad to hear it." he told her.

"Please let me know whenever you find anything out." he then told her.

"The sooner, the better, obviously." he reasoned.

"And feel free to use anywhere in the Unit to track. Anywhere that you'd find easier to concentrate."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 03:08:21 )

"Of course." Terra said with a smile.

"I shall take my leave and go see if I can find anything." Was the last thing she said before doing just that, leaving the room.

She had to find who she was looking for, after all.... and very possibly beat some sense into an elves skull in the end as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 03:32:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Good luck!" Hal called to her.

About a week later, there had been no word from Terra, but Hal knew that patience was key. He refused to do anything akin to rush her, especially after he'd sensed the darkness in her tone earlier.

He was busying himself with paperwork and such, and was about to take a small break, when he heard his receptionist telling someone that they couldn't just go into his office... moments before they did just that.

It was Angela. And she did NOT look pleased.

"...can I help you?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 03:44:20 )

"I apologize for this, but I have to." She started as she stepped in, not closing the door.

"I wish to know where my daughter is." It was one simple wish, but he could hear the desperation to know in her voice.

And the fact that she was asking... wasn't something that said anything good.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 04:03:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Hal was silent as Angela made her wish.

Just straight up made her wish. No asking. No roundabout speaking. No hypotheticals. She made a wish.

That alone was enough to concern him.

The fact that it involved Liv's whereabouts was even MORE concerned.

As such, he brought a hand up, fingers together.

"Granted." he said, snapping them.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 04:08:29 )

Angela waited. And waited.

And continued to wait for about three minutes before just taking a breath to try and calm herself. When she met Hal's gaze again, he could see, clearly, the heartbreak in her eyes.

". . . nothing." She said quietly. Her voice was steady, but he could hear the pain that was below the surface.

"Can... can I have the day off... to... to deal with this...?" She asked. She knew that there was one main way for him to not be able to grant that information.

The person that was being searched for was dead.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 04:24:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......nothing?" Hal asked. "What? Nothing? You received NO information?" he asked her.

She just nodded.

"No... no, that can't be." he said quietly. "That's impossible. She... no... Olivia CAN'T be..." he went on.

"Of... of course. Take... take as much time as you want." he then told Angela, before leaning forward, his hands in his hair.

"How... how could this happen...?" he mumbled to himself.

"They only way no information was gained was if she-" he started to say, before suddenly pausing.

"No." he mumbled.

"I refuse to believe that." he said angrily.

"How could that have happened!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 04:34:19 )

Angela was completely silent before sighing.

". . . Zeke took her for the weekend." She said.

"I... I haven't seen him either... I... I'm heading to France to find him, see what happened... what's going on... I'm sure aimee woudl have called me if something had happened to HIM as well." She continued. "But... I just..." He could tell that she was rather... well, she was heartbroken. Her daughter was missing, and as it stood, she could very well be dead.

No parent should bury their child.

". . . So... I'm going to go try and find a quick flight there." With that, she turned and started heading back rto the door.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 04:56:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Angela, wait!" Hal exclaimed, getting up.

He quickly made his way over towards her, and wrapped his arms around her.

"Angela, I'm sorry." he said.

"I can't help but feel I'm missing something, here. Like there's a bigger piece of this that leads to another conclusion, but it escapes me right now." he told her.

"But know that we're all here for you. I'M here for you." he stressed.

"And while I couldn't grant you information about Olivia's location... I CAN grant you instant transportation to wherever you'd like to start in France."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 05:00:53 )

Angela was silent for a few seconds before wrapping her arms around him, obviously grateful for the embrace.

"I hope there's more... I'm not giving up hope, but..." She trailed off, sighing again.

"And... " She paused before reciting the address of Zeke's parents as she steppe dback.

"If... if you could help me out to get there, that'd be lovely."

♯ And I wonder what you\\\'ve done to me || I\\\'ve lost all my ability to think logically || I know I\\\'ve never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there\\\'s no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 05:20:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Of course." Hal replied.

"Just say the words." Hal responded.

"I wish I was at Aimee LeBlanc's house. Right now." Angela wished.

Hal snapped his fingers, and the next thing Angela knew, she was in France, standing in front of the door to Aimee's home.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 05:28:46 )

Angela sighed lightly before knocking on the door. It was more foreceful than it normally would be from her, but she didn't care. She was getting desperate here.

She didn't hear anything within for a few seconds before she heard someone calling in French, presumably 'hold on, I'm coming' or something of the sort. Moments later, the door opened to reveal a blonde woman who looked more like she had just walked out of some sort of meeting, than someone who was at home.

"Oh! Angela!" She greeted with a smile before pausing.

"Is everything all right?" She then asked, seeing the womans face. Angela just shook her head.

"Hey Aimee... is Zeke here?" Angela asked. Aimee nodded.

"He is, he is. Come in. Please, have a seat. I just put some coffee on a little bit ago, feel free to have a mug if you wish to. I will go get Zeke for you." Angela nodded, before Aimee headed off, and she made her way to sit down after closing the door.

She couldn't sit though, was just pacing, looking for evidence of Liv having been there.

And not finding any.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 05:45:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

A couple of minutes later, Zeke approached her.

"...Angela?" he asked.

"What's wrong?" he asked her.

"You look very worried." he commented, noticing the expression on her face.

"....did something happen to Liv...?" he then asked her.

"Please tell me Liv is okay." he went on, his voice getting quieter.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 05:46:54 )

Angela just looked to him and didn't say anything.

"What you mean by that? I'm here to ask YOU what you did with Liv." she said simply.

"You showed up on Friday, took her... and never brought her home." She then said, pain in her voice.

". . . please tell me she's all right... I ... I fear the worst."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 06:08:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Wh... what...?" Zeke stammered.

"What did I do with her?" he asked.

"I took her home!" he said.

"I took her Friday, and returned her on Sunday night." he continued.

"I have a vivid memory of that." he then told her.

"Yes, I remember it clearly!" he insisted further, a VERY tiny sheen of red visible in his irises for a fraction of a second.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 06:24:34 )

"There is NO evidence of Liv even being here this past weekend." Angela stated.

"If I were to ask your mother... would she say that Liv was, or was not, here?" She asked.

"Because you never brought her home, and I want to know if you even brought her here. Then I want to know what the fuck happened to my daughter." She half snapped. She wasn't happy,a nd it wasn't hard to tell, at all.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.