Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Familiar Effects

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 04:05:05 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Right then." Andrew said.

"You, two." he told Lily and Luke.

"Behave." he warned them.

"We are guests here, and we will act as such." he continued. "So be on your best behaviour." he told them... before pausing.

"Actually, be on someone ELSE'S best behaviour." he then said. "Someone else whose behaviour is generally better than yours. Be on THEIR best behaviour." he continued.

"What I'm saying is, for the love of everything, don't kill each other or anyone else, or destroy anything."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 04:09:02 )

"Find my snake and that won't be a problem." Lily said befor eheading into the room, laeving the others just sighing. Terra, meanwhile, just laughed lightly.

"Please, don't worry about her." She assured the adults.

"I'm... pretty sure that as long as I stick around here for this, there is a very good chance that she won't step too seriously out of line." She added. Anna just sighed, again.

"That might be trie, might not be true. I ... have no idea." She commented. Terra just met her gaze with a knowing smirk.

"Don't worry. Also, her viper is all right, it's still alive and not being mistreated."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 04:38:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Andrew was silent, before sighing.

"Thank heavens for small miracles." he muttered.

"I hope this gets sorted soon." he went on. "If Lily gets worse, then it'll be bad news for all." he said further.

"Anyway, Anna, shall we retire to our own dorm?" he asked Anna.

"....I'm going to... go do something..." Luke said.

"Not sure I want to be alone with Lily..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 04:45:02 )

"Well, drop your belongings off, and we can speak now, if you would prefer." Terra said with a soft smile as Anna and Andrew headed into the dorm, leaving the pair of them alone in the hall.

"I have the time, after all." She then said. "I wanted to give you time to get settled in if you felt you needed it."

"But yes, if you wish, we can do it now."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 04:55:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Luke was silent, before nodding.

He then quickly and quietly slipped his stuff into the dorm, staying as far away from Lily as he could, before slipping out of the dorm again.

"....all right..." he muttered.

"Let's go." he told her.

"I... I'll get settled in later." he went on.

"I think Lily just wants me to leave her alone..." he added quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 05:05:57 )

Terra just smiled.

"I think she is worried." She commented as they started to walk.

"About her viper, and about what is going on. Plus being torn away from home, as have you and your parents been." She continued.

"I just think that it is something that no one expected, and I doubt anyone is happy with it all." She paused a moment.

"Hey.. how are you handling everything?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 05:32:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....I dunno." Luke admitted.

"Everything's so confusing and scary." he said.

"I don't know what's going on. Lily's angry, her viper's missing..." he went on.

"I just want everything to turn out okay." he told her further.

"....but I don't know if it will." he admitted further.

"It's frightening."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 05:34:03 )

"I ... have faith that it will." Terra then said with a soft smile as they stepped up to a door and she held it open for him. As he stepped through, he saw that they were now at some stairs.

"Up." She said simply. He listened and started to ascend the stairs.

"I can understand your frustration, your fear, everything. It's... rather irritating on my end to, to be honest." She added.

"But you're here, you're safe. Your sister won't attack you because of the connection with her familiar now." She assured him as they walked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 05:54:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke just nodded as Terra said all she did, as they walked and ascended the stairs.

He had no reason to trust her. He had no idea who she was. All he knew was that he was feeling an intense connection with her, and what she said put him at ease. Like he could believe that everything would turn out.

"Yeah..." he said.

"Yeah, I... I can believe that." he told her.

"At least things are a little better HERE at the Unit." he then said further.

"I've noticed that Lily already seems less violent..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 05:56:52 )

"I... have that effect." Terra told him with a light laugh.

"It's nothing too surprising. My presence, essentially, is numbing the connection between her familiar, and her." She then said. "As a result, she is in a much better state - more as she should naturally be."

"Ah, here we are." She said before opening the door and allowing him to walk out onto the roof of the building.

"This is somewhere not many people go to. We should be alone for this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 06:17:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke looked around at the roof gardens, and smiled.

"Wow..." he said.

"Oh, wow. This is... amazing." he commented.

"These gardens are wonderful! And there are some rare flowers here." he continued.

"Some of which are difficult crossbreeds." he then noticed.

"Whoever manages this is REALLY talented." he continued further, before looking at Terra.

"Do YOU have anything to do with this?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 06:24:05 )

"I did help some." Terra confirmed as she made her way to one of the blooms that looked to be not as happy, or something, and just lightly cupped the bloom in her hand. It was almost instant. Would have been instant had it not started before her hand reached it, even.

But it perked up, seemed to acquire some life that it hadn't had before.

"This garden was doing quite well before my arrival though." She then said. "It is usually tended by the resident banshee."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 06:47:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....woah." Luke mumbled.

"That was really cool." he said.

"You just... re-energised that bloom in a split-second." he commented. "FASTER than a split-second." he corrected himself.

"That is... I've never seen anything like that before." he went on.

"And this is tended to by a banshee? Huh... didn't expect to hear that." he continued, before pausing for a moment.

"...so... why do I feel some kind of connection to you?" he then asked her, seemingly out of the blue.

"I'm sure I don't know you. So why do I feel like I HAVE known you? For all my life?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 06:50:37 )

"You, in essence, know me quite well, Lucas." Terra stated after a moment or two before just approaching him. Once close enough - and showing that she was much shorter than the species she looked to be at the moment - she just held a hand out to him.

"Lay your hand atop it. Tell me what you fel from it." She then said. "As I said, I needed to speak with you, and this will help show me if I am right and it is you, or if I am wrong, and perhaps it is your sister." Meanwhile, as they were there, they didn't realise that someone was coming up the stairs and to the door out to where they were.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 07:27:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Luke was silent for a moment, looking at her hand.

"...all right." he then said.

He took a deep breath, held it, exhaled it slowly, and then placed his hand upon hers. As soon as he did, he felt an overwhelming power surge through him. But not in the conventional sense.

He suddenly felt more full of life. He felt stronger. He felt healthier. He felt like he was filled with vitality... like he had been partially wilted his entire life... and was brought back to perfect health.

"I... woah..." he mumbled.

"This... this feeling. I've never felt so healthy before in my life." he told her quietly, before it clicked in his mind.

"You... you're..." he stammered.

"Mother Gaea!?" he exclaimed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 07:35:41 )

It was then that the door to the stairs shut loudly.

"Wait, what?" A new voice said before approaching. Terra just looked over with a sigh.

". . . Ahhh, hello Sierra." She said with a smile.

"I am just spending time with Lucas here. Are we in your way?" She asked kindly.

"Uh... not at all..." Sierra answered, sounding a bit stunned... or at least potentially sounding it as she could barely be heard.

"Lovely." Was all Terra said before looking back to Luke, obviously aware of h ow Sierra had heard what he had said.

"Yes. I am sure that you can understand your parents reactions now." Terra then said with a light laugh.

"Have you told Sharp..?" Sierra asked after a moment or two. Terra just laughed, honestly laughed, in response.

'Not at all! I deided I wish to wait and see if he ever clues in." Was her response.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 08:02:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Luke was silent, before slapping his hands over his eyes.

"Idiot!" he exclaimed.

"Luke, you idiot! You had to open your mouth!" he said further.

He then collapsed to his knees, in a repentant position.

"Please forgive me." he begged.

"Mother Gaea, I'm sorry I revealed your secret!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 08:07:26 )

Terra just sighed as Sierra quirked an eyebrow.

"Uhh..." The banshee started before shaking her head.

"Right. Not gonna ask. You're obviously busy, so I'll leave you guys to it." She said before just backing toward the door.

"All right, I will see you later, Sierra." Terra said with a smile before the banshee was gone with a wave. It was then that Terra just sat down in front of Luke and laid a hand on his head with a smile.

"Please, don't worry. IT's all right. If he finds out through word of mouth, that would be just the same as him finding out any other way." She told him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 08:31:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Luke was almost in hysterics, before he suddenly stopped when she said what she did.

"I..." he stammered.

"I guess... that's true..." he said.

"But... but it's all right?" be then asked.

"You were obviously trying to keep your identity secret. And now I've blown that." he told her.

"Is that REALLY okay?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 08:34:09 )

"Lucas, it really is all right." Terra assured him.

"Truly, it is." She then said before laughing lightly.

"Please, do not waste any tears on this. There is no problem with it. Might... be better he finds out sooner rather than later, anyhow."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.