Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Familiar Effects

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 08:46:23 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

They all looked at her when she said that.

"...excuse me?" Hal asked.

"Where is who?" he asked her.

"I don't know whom you're looking for, but perhaps we can get this started?" he then suggested.

"Please." Andrew replied.

'Anna, you okay?' he sent telepathically to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 08:50:54 )

". . . " Anna was completely silent for a few seconds before answering Andrew.

"Yeah, just... distracted" She answered after a second or two. It was about then that Hal asked the first question - why they needed to be there, or rather why they were looking for help.

"A bitch of an elf stole my daughters Snake." was her reply.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 09:05:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Hal was silent for a moment.

"Ah-ha." he said.

"Yes, we're well aware of the issues with familiars right now, and we're working to solve it." he told her.

"I suppose you'll be staying here until such time?" he asked.

"If that's all right." Andrew responded.

"More than all right." Hal assured them.

"I'll need you to sign some forms, just so you're officially registered as guests here." he then added, sliding 4 pieces of paper towards them.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 09:11:09 )

Anna nodded.

"Yeah, I figured." She commented, referring to the fact that they needed to sign things to make it that they were refistered there.

"And even then, just being here for the little bit we have been... that one," she jabbed her thumb in her daughters direction, "hasn't been lashing out as badly as she had been before."

"Hey. Not my fault that Oran fucked off." Lily snapped.

"Maybe you should have made sure to have closed the windows before you left for work?" She added, venom to her voice.

".... not to say she's immune." Anna then commented.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 09:26:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Hal sighed.

"I can see that." he said.

"I hope being here helps more, over time." he continued as they handed the papers back.

"Now, I have dorms ready for you, two of them." he went on.

"You'll have full reign of the Unit, save for employee-only areas." he continued. "Unless given special permissions, such as Kiah allowing you in her lab." he then specified.

"Now, do you have any questions for ME?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 13:11:49 )

"Yeah. One." was Anna reply.

"What would you like to know?" Hal asked in response.

"Greenery. Garden or the like?" Lily asked in her mothers stead.

"Not that it'd be hard to fgind, I'm sure." Anna then thought as she looked around again, not entirely sure what it was that she was supposed to make of all this that she could feel.

It was about then, that they heard something out just past the door. Anna just looked over, almost sharply, obviously surprised.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/10 22:38:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Andrew seemed to be intrigued by the presence as well, and looked over towards it.

"...." Hal was silent for a moment.

"We have a greenhouse-like area on the roof." he told them. "And the lab has an area for such things." he added.

"Are... you all right?" he then asked.

"You seem... quite distracted." he commented.

However, he had a feeling that it was the presence on the other side of the door. He could feel it, too.

But the draydins were acting FAR more on-edge about it than anyone else he'd seen.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 00:31:44 )

It was at that point that there was a knock on the door.

"Hey," what looked to be a dyrad said as she poked her head in, she hesitated a moment before meeting Hals gaze, [/b]"You done with these four?"[/b] She asked after a moment or two.

"If you are, I can show them to their dorm... or dorms... as I need to speak with one of them." She then said.

"If not, I'll wait out here."

Anna was completely silent, just staring at the newcomer. Lily, meanwhile, was biting the inside of her lip, but it wasn't obvious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 01:05:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Andrew seemed to freeze as well, and Luke looked a bit uneasy, but confused.

Hal was just silent, before shaking his head.

"A couple more minutes." he told her.

"Then you can take them to their dorms, Miss Terra." he finished.

"Terra?" Andrew asked aloud.

"Heh." he chuckled quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 01:16:43 )

"Fitting..." Anna though before sighing.

"Of course. Just let me know when." Terra said with a soft smile before backing out and closing the door again.

"Explains why I couldn't find her or anything." Anna commented, completely unware of how Hal didn't know who... or what... Terra was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 01:35:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I hate being left out of the loop." he said.

"You don't know what she is?" Andrew asked.

"I know the name she has given, and I know she is passing herself off as a dryad." Hal responded. "I also am aware that she is NOT a dryad, as the power I sense from her is immeasurable." he continued.

"...fair enough..." Andrew admitted.

"But I will not press or pursue anything, as I believe she means no harm, and it would be immensely foolish of me to try and pressure one with the power she has." Hal then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 01:58:51 )

Anna just laughed. It was ... well, it was Anna, so it was rather dark.

"Ohhh, she is quite powerful, and I can assure you... if she meant harm, this building and all those within it - or at least those that were her target/s - would know." she told him honestly.

"She is, overall, the kindest being one could meet... although I AM slightly concerned about her wanting to speak with one of us...." She added, looking to her kiids.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 02:19:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Andrew looked to their kids as well.

"Wonder if she's tired of Lily's shit." he said.

Hal then coughed out loud to intervene with any potential argument that could have started from that.

"Moving on!" he declared.

The next couple of minutes were spent getting some things out of the way, giving them passes, and making sure they had keys. Hal then put away the paperwork, and nodded at them.

"All right, that's it." he said.

"You're free to head to your dorms now."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 02:23:59 )

"Cool. Let's go find Ga---" Lily started before vines suddenly wrapped around her throat, tight enough she couldn't breathe, nevermind speak.

"She's keeping it quite. Shuit your fucking trap." Anna snarled as she got to her feet.

Lily just nodded, not able to do much else, before Anna removed the vines... after another few seconds.

"Thanks Sharp." Anna then said before they left the room, finding Terra sitting in one of the chairs, waiting patiently for the family.

"Ah, hello. Shall we?" She asked kindly as she got to her feet. Anna just looked at her almost pointedly, defensively.

". . . Let's go." was the blondes reply.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 02:45:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal watched them go, before shaking his head and hanging it slightly.

"Draydins..." he muttered.

"Some things never change, I suppose." he mumbled further.

Meanwhile, Andrew looked at their kids, and Luke seemed to shy away slightly.

"Yes." Andrew agreed.

"Let us be off." he said, as they left the office area.

"...so... you want to talk to one of us?" he then asked Terra.

"Which one?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 02:47:18 )

As they walked, and Andrew asked his question, Terra just shrugged.

"Your boy." She answered.

"I need to speak with him, about... a few things." She added, giving some information, but at the same time, none at all.

"Lukey's in trouble~" Lily said in a singsong voice with a snicker.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 03:02:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"No!" Luke protested, before Andrew smacked Lily upside her head.

"Hush up!" he told her.

"Don't make assumptions!" he warned her further.

He was then silent, before looking at Luke, with a subtle expression of 'what did you do...?'

"What!? I didn't do anything!" Luke insisted.

"I swear!" he added, sounding almost scared now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 03:13:32 )

Terra just laughed, lightly, kindly.

"Don't worry, no one is in trouble." She assured them.

"I merely... have a favour to ask of the boy." She contknued.

"What kind of fav---" Anna started before freezing.

"Wait, seriosuly? You don't seriously mean that. Do you?" She asked, her mental voice inredulous.

"I do." Was all Terra said.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 03:41:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Andrew was silent for a moment, before shaking his head.

"I see." he said.

"So it's happening." he commented.

"What?" Luke asked. "What's happening!?" he asked further, growing a bit panicked.

"She'll explain to you shortly." Andrew assured his son.

"But... well... this is a big day for you, to massively understate it." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/11 03:44:13 )

Terra just chuckled lightly.

"Luke, please meet me in the garden that was mentioned on the roof in an hour." She said as they reached a door, and stopped.

"Meanwhile, here is the pair of your dorms." She continued, motioning between the two doors across from each other.

"There are maps inside each, for in case you get lost or want to know where you're going before heading out."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.