Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 21:32:22 )
That's a fair guess!
I can't wait to see whatever it is. I should probably save up for some of the cheaper items lol.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 21:33:52 )

@Aisukohi: same lol, I bet they're good items (they usually are) meaning they will be expensive :O bye bye volts o/

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 21:34:09 )

(sorry for pinging you!)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:11:19 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

craving sushi now lol
i have some ohms but idk if it's worth it to keep trying for a necromancer or wait to spend it on the new ones ....
mythology would be amazing tho :0 !!! i'm excited now

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:16:17 )

@sunny:
woah that's v interesting to hear!! i can definitely see academia for writing feeling restrictive, esp the idea that you're writing for a grade? i can see how that mindset can be very different and less like, open/generative if that makes sense. plus you have to deal with like, the Institutions of writing (elitism included) instead of simply writing for fun... i think that for me is what makes rp and fanfiction really interesting, like there's no real end goal other than the enjoyment of it :-)

i went to school for something v different so creative writing classes were a welcome change for me, and the structure was helpful for me since it was too intimidating for me to start from scratch, so being forced to do it was what i needed to get started haha. but honestly that same mindset could be a similar reason why it's hard for me to start now too

do you usually talk to anyone about your writing, irl or otherwise? like do you asks for critique or feedback or anything, or is it mostly a solo pursuit for you?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:22:55 )

@xvz: It's good that they worked for you! That's the thing about writing, everyone has such a vastly different process, and there's no real way to quantify it. I think that's where I disagreed with my creative writing classes, they felt too structured.

I don't talk to anyone about my writing. Not because it's a secret or anything, but because I'm literally the least sociable person ever. No one IRL even knows I'm working on my novel. I do tell my mum when I win a competition or things like that. And I'll tell her if anything I write gets published, but she's the only person IRL who even knows I write. Online I am quite open about it, because I feel so much more happier about sharing that kind of stuff online. I just feel awkward mentioning it IRL.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:31:10 )

@sunny: mm i can definitely see that!
and i think in general the structure and institution of school doesn't necessarily cater to everyone's learning styles too

i see, i can imagine how it could feel awkward to talk about, especially if you're not comfortable or close to someone irl and they don't share your interests. i'm glad you can share about your novel with us tho! it's always cool to hear about your writing and it's very inspiring to see someone pursue their passions with so much dedication. if you ever get to publish any of your writing i hope you let us know! :-)

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:36:47 )

@xvz: I think also I was just Done with being in a school environment. I started school at 3 and tbh I was sick of it. I felt a huge relief when I finally quit.

I love sharing my writing updates with the people of Voltra. So many lovely people, it really encourages me to keep going. It can be quite a lonely pursuit sometimes. I will definitely share any publishing news with Voltra, tbh it's one of the first places I would share it to!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:39:33 )
I don't mind pings, sunny lol.

If I had ohms, I'd probably save them for new items.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:40:59 )

Lol I wasn't certain either way XD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:44:31 )

Also I am almost finished with this novella. YAY!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:47:46 )
Oh, are you writing it or reading it?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:48:48 )

Writing it!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:51:42 )
Ohhh, well I hope it comes out to your liking! :o

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:53:43 )

Thank you :) It is going well so far. I am pleased with it :) it will still require some editing though!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 23:01:39 )
You're welcome! Do you have an editor for it, or do you do it yourself?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 23:04:51 )

I do it myself. Though I do send it to a beta reader at some point, when I've done my first edits etc. It helps to have another set of eyes on it.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 23:05:42 )
I was gonna say, it's so easy to miss mistakes without that second set of eyes!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 23:06:51 )

Yes lol, and I make a tonne of typos when I'm writing. It's my keyboard's fault, I swear....

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 23:08:36 )
Well at least you admit you make mistakes. xD

I think I saw a tip once that if you're writing something, Google has an app or something where you can copy and paste your work to check for any grammar mistakes and whatever. I forget what it's called though.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.