Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/8 22:59:38 )
@MoodyB: Oh, I understand the process and the need for different versions of one piece of artwork... and it can definitely start taking up a lot of room and get confusing trying to keep them all separate and well-identified! :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/8 23:04:01 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I limit myself now because i don't need that many variations.
most i do is two but even then i try to stick to just one.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/9 14:17:32 )
@MoodyB: I sometimes keep different versions of an artwork because I have lost artwork too often due to unexpected reboots or electrical brown-outs (etc.). Plus. I like having the options available - the different variations of the one piece, or to be able to roll back changes I've made more easily. Sometimes, I like to keep 'pushing' a (digital) piece just to see where it takes me, even though it's really "done" already. But that's me and the way I work, and I'm not nearly as prolific digitally as you are. As long as you have a system which works for you, that's all that matters :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/9 14:19:32 )
Good morning everyone.

What are your plans for the day?
I would love to spend some more time in my studio, but I think the day is going to involve running a couple of errands and doing some shopping. And cleaning the kitchen, since most of the mess in there right now is mine from last night and I just gave the family grief yesterday about cleaning up after themselves and "being the adults they are" XD ... so... uhhh... I should probably lead by example or something...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/9 14:59:49 )
@Wildfire: That's the hard part of adulting 'leading by example'. e.e"
I have a playground playdate today with a mom I met earlier this week. My mommy senses are tingling about it and it makes me nervous. I don't know if it's just pandemic nerves or I legit feel like something isn't going to go well today.
I guess we'll see. =o

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/9 15:19:50 )
This is exactly

Just got shot one of the moderna vaccine.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/9 15:38:34 )
@Koah: It's good that you're going out and meeting a mom for a play date, but you need to listen to those instincts too and not dismiss them. But I'm sure you already do this and that you'll pay attention if something seems "off" at any point during your play date :3 Good luck (& omg sometimes I really miss those times and that kid stage!) Good luck, and have fun! I hope it works out well for you! <3

@Another Movie Addict: How did it go?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/9 15:41:09 )
This is exactly

It went fine.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/9 16:20:14 )
@Wildfire: Yeah, It's been a couple of years since I did a planned playground date. We've been moving around so much, we haven't made any connections in a while. This mom I met earlier in the week was really nice and we had a lot in common, especially with parenting tactics.
However, she began texting me the same day we met [not a problem], but her texts were really awkward and forward- like as if a teenager took her phone and was messaging me. I lost my patience and told her I'm not a person who enjoys texting and if she wants to get to know me, we should get together at the park. e.e"
My husband had to cool me off by saying This mom probably hasn't had a lot of human connection since the pandemic started. So she's probably just acting excited.
But yeah, my mommy-senses are tingling- either from those awkward texts or my 'stranger-danger' alert is on. XD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/9 17:01:23 )
@Another Movie Addict: Feel better now that you've had a shot?

@Koah: Oh yeah... that sounds like it could be awkward, and it could be from anything from the pandemic crap, to a general social awkwardness, to being excited, to things just not translating well via phone/text, to something more weird and potentially dangerous. I like your decision to meet at the park - it's both more personal, and less, but it should be a more natural and more revealing encounter too... and better for the kids. Use your Spidey Sense! ;) You got this :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/9 17:03:39 )
@Koah: You should know which way the tingles are pulling you pretty quickly... just don't dismiss them. You can give yourself more time to get to know her, or not... major decisions don't need to be made today (or, maybe they do, if that's the vibe you're getting). Good luck. :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/9 18:33:51 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I am getting hit hard with vertigo for some strange reason.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/9 21:47:11 )
@MoodyB: Oh that's unfortunate! I'm sorry to hear you got hit with vertigo! ... so now that it's three hours later, how are you feeling? Better I hope!

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/9 22:15:34 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: not really. head just is gonna feel very foggy today. :vanora_sweat:

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/9 22:42:12 )
@MoodyB: Awwww, that sucks. I'm sorry! I was hoping for your sake that you were feeling better by now :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/9 23:09:33 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: vertigo may not happen except in the morning
but the after affects last all day long.

so often i feel very confused and can't put words into proper sentences
when i talk out loud because my brain is still very confused.

not sure what caused it this time but knowing me i stressed myself out
by something stupid lol.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 01:30:35 )
@Wildfire: I was right to listen to my gut instinct. My play date went well at the playground. I ended up in the middle of a christian homeschooling group with older moms. I was the 'newbie' ... I don't really know how I ended up in that situation, but it turned out well.
My kids enjoyed the park and knowing they could make some real friends this time.
The only mom I didn't get along with was the one from the city, she was too busy getting to know everyone at the table, she didn't take notice that her son was bullying our kids. =3="
The mom I had texted, and felt skeptical about, ended up being pretty good company. She was wildly eager to be my friend and kept apologizing whenever it was clear I was uncomfortable.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 12:43:37 )
@MoodyB: That's not good at all. Are you feeling any better today?

@Koah: Oh yeah... been there, done that. It doesn't sound like what you were expecting. Was it a homeschooling co-op having a park day then? Will you be going back to meet the group again? What part of it set off your gut instincts?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 12:47:04 )
Good morning.
I am groggy and achy today and I'm not sure why. I don't like it.
But it's Saturday and I should get out and do something fun -if my body cooperates; hopefully this achy soreness is temporary. The groggy will be fixed with coffee :3 It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so if we get out to do anything outside, today would be the day (and who wants to do anything inside these days? ugh.)

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 14:17:08 )
@Wildfire: Awe I hope you'll be feeling better later on :(

Yup is nice to do something fun today. In my case I can't really go out unless for errands, exercise or work related sigh... they issued a third lockdown where I live for gawd knows how long this time. So I don't really have plans today... I didn't even get good sleep last night so I'm feeling a bit low per usual x.x

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.