Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 17:13:22 )
@Wildfire: Small and fun? Hmm I think I can :D
I'm planning to take it easy for the weekend to begin with. Thanks~

How's your weekend will be?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 17:40:58 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, small and fun. Something that doesn't require a lot of commitment and that is just for the heck of it. A "bite sized" activity that will make you feel good :3 XD

I'm not sure what my weekend is going to look like, tbh. We were going to go out (hubby and I) but I think he's getting distracted (he's supposed to be making these plans - lol). Right now, I'm just trying to figure out what my afternoon is going to look like... especially since I'm still running around in my yoga pants and a tank top from my work out earlier today XD

Do you have plans for this weekend, other than taking it easy?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 17:47:32 )
@Wildfire: Honestly weekdays and weekends often mesh into one for me but sorta? I wanted to get some art stuff done during the weekend so I can just focus on something else by Monday. The rest I plan as I go lol. Sometimes I wish I'm one of those people who are so on top of their planning and schedules right but it has always been 50/50 for me when I do it xD It works but often nah rip

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 17:57:49 )
@Purpsy: lol - I get it. I am an "in the mood" or "fly by the seat of my pants" type usually too. There's a time and a place for planning and routines, imo, and sometimes they work well for me, but I prefer to be a little more free-form. It just seems to work better in terms of creativity and fluctuating energy or focus levels. It's hard to do anything, really, if you're just not in the mood for it, regardless of how much it "needs" to be done - whether cleaning the house, or doing artwork.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 18:16:33 )
@Wildfire: Sigh I'm struggling with that sometimes. I tend to overthink on my "plans" to the point it stresses me out often. I'm trying to be indifferent about it no matter the outcome in the end or stop my overthinking pattern the sooner I noticed it but is a process lol. Working on my hobbies helps to be medium to all of it but there are days it doesn't work too.

Often saying to myself I got to do it regardless often works but not all the time for me. I notice it depends on my general mood of the day.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 18:28:52 )
@Purpsy: Yup. I understand. I have been trying to take the "bite sized" approach to things lately and keeping a checkbox-type list just because I'm curious how often I actually do the things I want to do (like artwork) versus how often I end up doing the things I have to do (like cleaning or laundry), versus the things I should do (like working out). Plans can easily get overwhelming -especially in today's funky world- so I get that too. I often take the "well, this sounds like a good idea, or that..." approach, especially if it's local. But getting out and doing some different, fun things is important too, so I hope you find something like that to do!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 18:58:31 )
@Wildfire: Awe thanks :3
Going out to do fun things as much it is easy to do that, there are days that is very challenging for me to do. But I do want to go out often because it does really help me but man... sometimes it can be anxiety driven. Is especially worse when I'm expected to go out all of the sudden like on errands because I notice I do mentally prepare myself often when it comes to going out. I had it really bad earlier this week...

Yeah I honestly have to do list on some days on my phone with cute stickers just to see how much I can do. Some days I manage to finish all on the list but most are halfway done or none at all lol. I tend to keep it light also as I can but I think I'm at the point I feel generally okay when I don't get much stuff done. I used to bring myself down when I don't do what I've planned.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 19:13:17 )
@Purpsy: I completely understand. I just think (and from personal experience) that doing little fun happy things can make a world of difference to us... and in ways we can't always anticipate. So, I guess I'm just encouraging you to go and do something like that. <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 19:17:11 )
@Wildfire: I see ty :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 19:17:52 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

hello, good morning all...or afternoon in some places.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 19:27:11 )
@Purpsy: <3 *shrugs* Just trying to help by sharing something that worked for me. It may or may not work for you, but it sounds like we tend to approach things similarly. So what kinds of things do you like to do other than draw?

@MoodyB: lol...Hello Moody - and a good afternoon to you (It's 2:30pm here... although it's only 10:30am for you, isn't it?)!! How are you today?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 19:41:54 )
@Wildfire: Yeah it seems so :3
But it seems like your leagues better off than me since I'm honestly still figuring things out =w=;

Hmm other than drawing? I do love to write like journaling or writing poems but often I use it as a coping mechanism but is pretty rewarding afterwards. I enjoy playing a lot rhythm games lately like Taiko no Tatsujin and I'm absolutely addicted to youtube... is pretty bad... but you learn a lot of things there. I'm watching one youtuber who visits abandon places around the world and another youtuber that owns and breeds tarantulas and I love and find tarantulas adorable now because of it.

@MoodyB: Hello! I suppose is morning there still? How's your day going today?

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 20:11:26 )
@Purpsy: I have more experience and I know myself pretty well ;) Journaling is a great thing, imo - especially for therapeutic applications! I used to do a lot of that, in addition to drawing very large things. XD Do you play an instrument? Or would you like to? You seem fond of music and rhythm, given the games you choose to play. :3 Abandoned places can be beautiful and eerie and intriguing... but you can keep the tarantulas! XD

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 20:15:16 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: At the time it was acytally 12pm XD
it's now 1pm. I just forgot it was afternoon lol.

pretty good. Having a pretty good day so far.
my tablet is finally on sale so we bought it lol so now im anticipating it's arrival ever so eagerly lol.
how about you??

@Purpsy: Nah it wasn't i just forgot it wasn't.
//gets up kinda late

pretty good so far. In a good mood after a terrible week.
so good to have something positive to happen past day or so.

how are you?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 20:23:51 )
@MoodyB: lol <3 Oh! You're getting the tablet!! WoooHooo!! That is exciting! Congrats!

Me... uhhh... I just vacuumed the house to get rid of the dog hair that seems to be everywhere, all the time, and I'm looking at recipes for new, simple meal ideas (& reminders on things I used to make and got away from for some reason). I should put in laundry, but part of me feels like putzing around my art studio... only not quite, and since I'm not inspired to do anything specific, I'll probably skip that, since that combination of "almost but not quite inspired" doesn't feel like a good combination for me right now. Other than that... uhhhh... I don't know, really.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 20:33:33 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: we orderd it this morning. Now im like an eager child waiting for christmas LOL.
But im so excited. i was unsure if another sale would be anytime. Luckily i checked and it was on sale.
So now i just gotta wait. it might take up a week to arrive.

Seems like a very busy day for you!
im not sure what i will do today. maybe more game time since i finished a commission yesterday.
tho i have a meeting today with my mom. but im scared it will go bad again.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 20:36:36 )
@MoodyB: You have waited for a while now to even order it... at least now you know it's on the way! <3
Oh, yeah... I can imagine that you would be a little apprehensive about your meeting with your mom, after the last couple. I'm so sorry! I really hope this one goes well for everyone! <3

... eh... I don't know if it's a busy day for me. It feels like I'm just kinda taking my time, going through things, but yes, it seems to be fairly productive. :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 20:39:57 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: been waiting for sales and everything for weeks.
so its nice to know it's officially been ordered.
so now im anticipating it and wondering which project to start with to test it out.

yeah last one was just real traumatizing for me that it mentally and physically exhausted me for days.
so im hoping it goes better.

it's a lot busier than my days.
i can only do 1 chore and call it quits LOL

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 20:53:18 )
@MoodyB: I thought you had a whole plan about what you were going to work on once you got your tablet? ...not that it matters. I'm sure you'll find several projects to work on in your excitement to play with it! :3

Yes, you're in a tough situation to begin with and seeing her not at her best is difficult. I really hope things go better this time! <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 21:52:37 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I never go through my plans...ever LOL.
but bigger pieces like my study may take me a while but i first need to adapt to the tablet.
so i should do something small first..

hopefully. i don't want to be physically drained again.
but hoping she won't be in pain this time.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.