Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 19:15:37 )

@Wildfire: Lmao I see, I never clean my shoes too... I just let it get filty

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 20:33:29 )

@Wildfire:
Oh I'd just be making canned chili to go with my hot dogs, I don't have the stuff to make chili from scratch. Though I just might make the chili dogs today. o3o

@MoodyB:
Oh geez, so it's a plumbing leak? That's still pretty bad. :/

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 20:45:42 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@CooperationIsKey: No, there isn't exactly a gutter or drain to the house
or it gets full way too fast that it then proceeds to leak.
either way, nothing will get done about it.

she took one look and did nothing about it and it's been like 2-3 years.
so the only thing she fixed was buy a used fridge for us, which then broke down btw and had to buy another fridge lol.

so that's all that was fixed...getting a new fridge...and getting herself a dog that barks at 8am.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 21:27:30 )

@MoodyB: Oh geez, kinda reminds me of my landlord when I lived in California; among other things he--this little old man--did the wiring repairs himself. The breaker box, which I had to interact with many times while living there, was a terrifying cobbled-together mess that had loose bits and even sparked!! And my friend that I lived with ended up replacing multiple things herlsef, including the fridge and garbage disposal, over the years, because the landlord wouldn't or would have attempted a slapdash attempt at repairing.

I guess I should consider myself lucky he didn't live on the property with an annoying dog, though!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 21:28:48 )

What up Vitches? 'Cause Voltra. Get it. XD

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 22:07:10 )

Another Movie Addict:
I had to work straight through my lunch break, because no one was there to cover for me to go take it.

That sounds like a violation of labor laws. :x That sucks.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 22:17:01 )
@MoodyB: I get it. The layout of a given house or apartment needs to fit the people living there and we all use space a little differently.

@Purpsy: lol. I try not to get my shoes too dirty, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

@CooperationIsKey: lol. Gotcha. Whatever works for you is good :3

@Another Movie Addict: lol. Yep. I get it. Not much going on here at the moment, although that wasn't true not that long ago...

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 22:20:36 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@CooperationIsKey: yeah she never fixes things and the fridge she bought was cheap
since it freezes the food all the time.
so it's just annoying to live here.

My window is so broken too. The frame around it, i have nearly hurt my hand
just from opening it. and that's very dangerous. But anytime my dad brings it up she gets into a fit.
like??? you bought the place. you have a responsibility to fix it.

@wildfire: yeah. I don't really spend much in the living room.
but as long as it's insulated i dont really care lol.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 22:24:05 )

@CooperationIsKey: It kind of is. And Goodwill gets VERY upset when that sort of thing happens. But it's also based on like how many hours you work. And my boss figured making me sign in later instead of my schedule time, would allow him to have me go with no break.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 22:24:58 )
@MoodyB: I understand.
So what have you been up to today so far?

@Another Movie Addict: ...uhhh... the last time I checked, doing those kinds of things was illegal too

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 22:26:52 )

Skipping my lunch break, and clocking in an hour later than normal is one a time deal. I hope. But I am grumpy about the number of times I've had to work solo because of my coworkers.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 22:29:06 )
Have you talked with your manager about those situations? They are not cool, and I guess I'm afraid that unless you talk to them and make sure they understand that this is a one time deal, done only out of the goodness of your heart, that they'll take advantage and continue doing those kinds of things...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 22:32:38 )

Lol that's why I keep making jokes that I need to be less good at my job. And like it came to my attention that...I have an almost perfect attendance record. Like I've only called out once, and that snafu when I misread my schedule. Like the misread schedule thing, I requested to skip my lunch to make up for it. And my manager reluctantly allowed me to do that. But this new manager. He really didn't have any choice for what happened yesterday. No one else could come in. My coworker called out because her car broke down. And my other coworkers just couldn't come in.

So the champion I am. But like. It's definitely not cool.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 22:36:59 )
Well, I hope that it was a one and done type thing. It would not be a good thing if that became a regular train of thought.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 22:38:05 )

If it became regular, I'll be furious.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 22:42:18 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: So far i watched a livestream on IG and finally finished
a collab adoptable.
My friend and I do collab adopts and we kept forgetting about it on and off for months LOL
so i finally got that finished.

other than that i haven't done too much.
been deciding if i want to draw more hand poses to reassure some confidence in my work.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 22:42:32 )
I would too

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 23:17:42 )
-waves-
I am now recovering from whatever germs I caught.
12 days of being stupidly sick.

-sips on my coffee-

Hello~ <3

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 23:28:50 )

@MoodyB:
Our fridge keeps freezing stuff lately but I think it's because my roommate keeps it turned down so cold. Ruined like half a bag of peaches I bought recently, I was so sad. :(

And oh god, I had a broken window in my bedroom in the old place, and when my then roommate replaced the ancient a/c window unit with a new one, the landlord, instead of taking the old one out as asked, merely nailed the damn thing in so it couldn't be removed. The only upside being the way the window was pushed up for the a/c unit meant the broken window didn't let in the weather--the downside being I couldn't open either window in my back bedroom. Thank god there was never a fire! 🙄

And yes, she DOES have a responsibility to fix it, I'm pretty sure most places that is explicitly in rental laws. Though I know reporting a landlord is never that simple since they can end up taking it out on you... :/

@Another Movie Addict: Well that just took it to a whole new level of illegal--doesn't that mean you worked an hour that you didn't get paid for?? And I'd be super careful letting them get away with that; sometimes they take it to mean they can get away with it in the future. :I

@Koah: Hello! Welcome back to the land of the living not-sick! XD

Please ping me!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 23:30:17 )
@CooperationIsKey: omg, I did an excellent job of playing dead in my bedroom for several days. Having as much energy as I do today feels amazing.
So thank you~ <3
How's your day?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.