Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 23:31:12 )

@CooperationIsKey: I didn't work while there for the extra hour. But I am concerned that one of the higher up managers saw that on the cameras and thought I was being a bad employee. Because they know when I should be there, and what should be done by the time I was told to clock in.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 23:36:47 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@CooperationIsKey: yikes. that sounds so bad!
i dont know why land lords become land lords/ladies if they can't or don't know how to fix things.

We at one point wanted to take this to court, however i think somewhere in the lease it basically said
she had the right to do something and basically it would be in her favor. not ours.
so we never did anything.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 23:45:06 )

@Koah: Gosh, I'll bet. 12 days feels like a lifetime when you're sick! My day is uneventful, but sometimes that's a good thing. :)

@Another Movie Addict: Oh god, I'd be worried about that, too. :/ Hopefully you don't get in any kind of trouble, and if you do, it's definitely time to tattle on your manager!

@MoodyB: Oh I can give you one good reason they become landlords: money. Which is also why they often refuse to fix things, too.

I'm pretty sure lease agreements don't trump the actual law, though I totally get how sometimes it's more headache than it's worth. I'd be worried about that ceiling leak, though; leaks lead to mold and mold can cause all kinds of serious health problems.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 23:48:12 )
@CooperationIsKey: omg, for real... I'm an active person generally, so just sleeping in makes me anxious. so over a week of bed rest was torture.
Uneventful is good in my book. Means less stress. C:

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 23:52:13 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@CooperationIsKey: yeah. and for us it was because none of us wanted to move when a guy wanted to buy the place
and rent would be $1400.
and we would have to move.

Yeah. tho something stopped us that we would not at all win or something.
i can't remember exactly. but it would be futile for us to go through with it. and since we are poor. it would be even harder
and would've just gone to waste.

so we're just planning to overall leave and try to move elsewhere.
but to do that my dad will have to go back to work which i don't want for so many obvious reasons which is covid.
And he's in his 60's and cannot do hard physical labor anymore.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 23:54:17 )
@Koah: Hey Koah - I'm glad you're back and feeling better.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/21 23:54:23 )

@Koah: I don't mind being in bed--in fact because I don't have a good desk chair my laptop is set up on my bed lol--but having no choice sucks!

And yes, exactly, lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 00:01:10 )
@Wildfire: I'm still hackin' up a bit.. kinda like a cat with hairballs.. but otherwise, my energy is making a slow return.
I won't be driving or getting out of the house for a few more days. But I'm back.

@CooperationIsKey: That's one thing I can't comfortably do, is sit at the bed with my laptop. lol. c: I get restless. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 00:03:35 )
@Koah: One step at a time.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 00:03:59 )

@MoodyB: Geez, I'm sorry; you guys are really in a tough spot. I hope you're able to find someplace you can afford without putting your dad through too much!

Landlords taking advantage of poor tenants make me so angry. :(

Please ping me!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 00:10:24 )
@Wildfire: yeah, I definitely just learned a valuable lesson in 'takin' it easy'. I've been so used to only being sick for a couple of days that this re-wired my brain on how to behave when sick. e.e

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 00:26:51 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@CooperationIsKey: me too. main reason i began doing art as a job but its a slow process in getting commisssions so i just work hard on my craft as im unable to get a job.

but hopefully a nice place comes along that isnt too expensive

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 13:47:09 )
@Koah: I bet the experience did have an impact on you! :3 I don't usually get sick either, and if so, it doesn't usually last very long, so I know exactly what you mean. The good thing is that you're feeling better now <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 13:49:09 )
Good morning. How's everyone doing today so far? Any plans or expectations for the day?

I need to get groceries today and I'm hoping to get back to some of this deep cleaning - decluttering - reorganizing thing that I've been working on but the amount of dust and junk I kicked up yesterday is making a mess of my sinuses right now, so we'll see what happens with that.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 13:53:48 )

I have work today, and it is nasty outside.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 13:54:50 )
Is it raining again where you are? It's overcast again here, but no rain that I'm aware of

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 13:55:39 )

It's raining this way, yeah.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 14:00:30 )
Any tornado watches today?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 14:11:45 )

Not that I'm aware of. Just rain. That I'll have to sit in at the bus stop.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/22 14:12:55 )
I hope the bus stop is sheltered at least. Of course, that might not be enough if it's really coming down in that "I rain sideways" thing that Florida does

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.