Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 07:41:28 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: A bracket/script style is basically something like this, for example:
(insert character name): *insert action* (insert dialogue)

True, true. Having fun is the best part when it comes to roleplaying. *nods* Unless if you wanted to find some partner willing to rp with Ah I see, and I've never heard of DnD tbh :o and true, I agree with you. *nods*

Unfortunately, I didn't as I feel like I would be an awful friend to the people I used to chat with and most of them have already moved on or being offline(uhh inactive?) for months/years.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 07:50:27 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@totalanimefan: hmm at least 2-3 years minimum, i really love my friends here as well as the communities i'm a part of
i would be open to staying 5, even 10 more years. really there's no real reason for me to move, but i just don't know if i want to spend the rest of my life here - i might want something more relaxing when i'm older and ready to stay in one place for a solid chunk of time.

that's super exciting, congrats on finishing it ^^ you must be excited to start using it
and thank you - and same to you

@chiffonorange: ohh i see
i can see that format being easier to use, especially if you want to focus more on action and dialogue and not worry about the details as much
dnd stands for dungeons and dragons :-) there's more to it but the part i meant was that, basically it's like someone asks you want you want to do when it's your turn and you just make something up for your character haha. very similar to rp, though it's usually verbal instead of written! like the idea that it's something you can make up on the spot and talk through, and not something super serious and literary

ah it happens, and i'm sure you're not an awful friend
i think it's pretty natural to lose touch over time

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 08:27:39 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: Yep, it's also great for beginners or for those who don't fuss about details that often (as you said). :o Ah I see *nods* Oh that sounds interesting but I don't think I could imagine myself rp my character (if I had one) verbally as I have poor social skills and I see, that's good to know.

You're right *nods* There's no point of fussing about it, I suppose finding or making new friends wouldn't hurt either.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 08:37:10 )

@chiffonorange: ah it probably is faster too. long form rp can be slower (though slower works better for me personally)
that's true and i hadn't considered that perspective - i guess i was thinking that verbal can be easier for someone is a perfectionist about writing, or someone who doesn't feel comfortable writing. since it's in the moment it feels more casual, but you can definitely do that with writing too if that's your style. i think what i like about rp is that making it up as you go is part of the process :-) i can have perfectionist tendencies otherwise when it comes to writing fiction, like the pressure of oh it has to be good

how did you get started with it? was it through forums?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 08:46:29 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: I see :o *nods* True, to each own, that is as long as they're comfortable ofc and yeah, making it up something to happen is good too and I like that lol. ^^ Ahh I understand, spelling, grammar and so on as one has to be careful if they wanted to perfect their writing.

I started with it through forums although that site used to be called CDE (Cartoon Doll Emporium) has been defuncted since late-2010s then moved on to rp on Skype in at least about 2013-2014, if my memory serves me right Dx

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 22:04:59 )

@xvz: maybe just visit LA during a long vacation or something? Since you like it in NYC
I am so happy to have a bathroom. In Jan and Feb I had to use a gym to shower.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/17 02:42:12 )

@chiffonorange: mm yeah, i guess getting caught up in the details can be fun sometimes too, it's interesting to see how rp styles differ and what different people enjoy getting out of it

oh interesting, i haven't heard of it before. i didn't know people used skype for rp!
for skype it was 1:1 with specific people you already knew? or were there ways for people to find others or chatrooms?

@totalanimefan: haha yeah honestly our conversation made me wonder if i really even need to live in la to check that box for myself
maybe an extended visit is all i really need after all lol
i was video chatting a friend today who lives in la and i want to experience it but i don't feel like i have to live there long term anymore
it's interesting how big it is and how you have so many neighborhoods that can be very different from each other, all under one city - i think that part i want to see for myself
but sitting in traffic for an hour to go 3 miles .... i guess i don't need that in my life lol

and yay i'm happy for you! i can see that getting tiring, not being able to shower in your own home
i guess it could be good motivation to go to the gym ...... lol
new clean bathrooms are so nice :-)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/17 02:45:57 )

@xvz: Maybe move there after wildfire season, that way you can have an LA winter instead of a NYC winter. The food and weather are great in LA though. Don't let me stop you if it's what you wanna do. (It's not the kinda city for me ^^; )
Maybe stay with the friend for two weeks or a week or something?
LA is so big and so different because all those little, basically neighborhoods have their own city government. It's weird in CA XD
That traffic I will not miss when I leave CA. I've gotten stuck in LA traffic before heading home from San Diego, it suuuucckkkeddd.

Yeah the new clean bathroom is really nice, I feel like I'm entering a hotel bathroom every time XD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/17 02:48:23 )

@xvz: I have a spare dream keeper you can have! I’m sending you a trade for it!

Also hello everyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/17 02:56:52 )

@bonnie: omg! tysm
can i make you some art or anything as a thank u ? <3
how's your week going so far :-)

@totalanimefan: true true! escaping ny winter sounds like a great idea
the food definitely seems like a big plus but it has to be worth the traffic to get to it lol
idk i feel like if i'm gonna move as an adult, i would want to stay there a while so i can actually be a part of the community + develop meaningful relationships, so i feel like if i'm not willing to make the time commitment it would be more worth it to just visit for extended periods instead of moving
haha california is soo big it's like a little country of its own

that sounds luxurious ^^ i would be so excited to shower every time lol

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/17 03:16:43 )

@xvz: sure! I’m not going to decline the offer! I’d love some of this avatar I have in right now!

I’m doing well waiting on dinner to cook. Making veggie pasta

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/17 03:22:59 )

@bonnie: hehe ok for sure!
i'll get you next time i'm drawing ^^ ur avis are always so good

sounds yum :9
i made just finished off a batch of pasta yesterday lol
i feel like pasta's always there for u when u need it

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/17 03:27:47 )

@xvz: aw shucks thank you! <33

Yeah I’m excited it’s tortellini with zucchini, broccoli, mushroom, an onion. Pasta is always there and I never get tired of it

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/17 03:59:40 )

@bonnie: oh yum! that sounds so good
i love roasted zucchini so much... juicy green circles lol
are you vegetarian?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/17 04:06:42 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: True, true *nods* creativity knows no bounds. c:

I think it's mostly the former as I prefer 1:1 with specific people I already knew, I'm not very good at group rps though as I was afraid that I would mess up their rp ^_^;

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/17 05:12:51 )

@xvz: no I am not vegetarian at all, but I LOVE veggies. They are just so good, I love meat too but veggies there’s just so much more you can do with them.

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/17 22:22:12 )

@xvz: I feel you. I wish that there was more of a sense of community in South Bay. I feel like it’s all old rich people hating on tech employees. I try a lot to make friends and be apart of the community. And while I have made some friends the lack of community here is pretty bad. I couldn’t put my finger on what was weird here for the longest time but I think that’s it.
Maybe it would just be good to go there for a long break instead then? Maybe in Early March if it’s save to do so in 2021.

Yes that is nice. And we added heated flooring so in the winter that’s nice.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 23:27:42 )

helloo i'm back , i had food poisoning last week
lol it was miserable

my mac keyboard is also too broken to use anymore so i'm using an external keyboard .....

@chiffonorange: ahh i see
and noo don't be scared, people just want to have fun ~
at least for me, i would rather have more ppl to rp w / who are keeping it going than to not rp at all. like everyone has different styles and ideas and it's part of the process

@bonnie: oo yum i definitely relate to that!!!
i love eating cooked veggies, they're just so juicy and sweet lol
i don't really of calling myself a vegetarian but lately i've been eating mostly vegetarian since meat doesn't keep that long and i want to lower the number of times i have to get groceries
do you have a favorite veggie??

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 23:31:28 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: Hmm.. that is true though *nods* and I wouldn't mind rping with you or anyone else someday (if either one of us decided to make a search thread xD) and I'm very sorry to hear that you had food poisoning last week D: Hope you're okay! *gives you a virtual hug*

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 23:32:09 )

@totalanimefan: btw i love your current avi!!
it's so cute! i was gonna ask what all ur head and face items were but instead i looked at ur profile cuz we can do that now!!!
may i ask what volkan's drool and volkan's blush are from?? they're not commons right? i want them

i can see that, i can imagine it being hard to meet people there esp as an adult
i was lurking earlier and saw that your spouse's company is letting u move to dc!!?? :-)))

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.