Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 05:12:25 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@dragoness129: aww ty, i haven't seen it in the exchange lately but hopefully there will be more in a month or so!

@chiffonorange: haha you are such an early riser!

that's too bad about your boss though :-( i hate not having privacy at work, it would stress me out
and that's true - it seems a bit more laid back
do you have to interact w a lot of customers currently?

hmm there is a lot i can say about social media haha
i think it can be good and it can also be bad, and i think companies/platforms do have a responsibility to make social media have a positive influence on society + to be ethical
i think social media can be good for communities, staying connected, grassroots/independent orgs or media, but can be bad for mental health (depending on how it's designed/used) w/o boundaries

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 05:18:53 )

@totalanimefan: i like ur new avi ^^ what's your sparkly head item?

yeah i've definitely waited 20+ minutes for a train late at night, the l can be notoriously bad - well now i'm not sure, i haven't taken the subway in months :-( and will probably keep avoiding for a while ...

and oh i see - it reminded me of this image:

although i think that one may be fictional?? but great to think about what reimagining transit will look like for the future

how has your week been?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 05:35:03 )

@xvz: Thank you! The pose is from this month’s crate item. The Bride one.
Waiting 20 mins for the train sucks. How long is the normal wait time?

I love that image! It’s not real though. It’s just an idea that someone came up with. There is no plan to make that a reality. Although I wish it was real! I would love to be able to see my sister in San Diego easily. I don’t want to fly there since it’s horrible for the environment but it’s so far to drive. T_T 8 hours if you go in the middle of the night where there is no traffic.

My week was alright. I’m still mostly sheltering in place, and just staying in the car. (I did go to the store in person with a mask). It’s not that bad in my area atm but still not everything is open. Which is good, because people can have it and not know, there is no way to knowing how many people really have it, you know? It’s like the data is always 2 weeks behind. What about you?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 05:36:49 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: Yeah, not only it would make me stressed but also very nervous/anxious or making myself look like I'm being rushed and I don't think I interact with any customer that often :o

Hmmm... True *nods*, it has its pros and cons as you've listed out. Sometimes social media can be a good thing but other times it's not. :o

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 05:46:16 )

@totalanimefan: hmm in the Before Times honestly not that bad lol
typically <=10 minutes, but it depends on where you are. sometimes can be pretty short, <3-5 min, if there are multiple lines going to the stop you want
i think the l specifically was messed up from hurricane sandy and hadn't really recovered yet , so a lot of nights / weekends would have bad service
one silver lining is hopefully w reduced ridership they can make a lot of fixes during this time

it's too bad it's not real, but seeing it definitely helped me think about what the possibilities could be! and yeah i wonder how much environment savings we could get if we had trains as an alternative to domestic air travel

and yeah - i'm nervous how the protests will affect cases too. i think reopening for me would mean being even more cautious. i will probably continue to stay inside for a while :-/ i've been ok i guess, i've missed seeing my friends quite a bit

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 05:48:48 )

@chiffonorange: yeah i feel that
i get very self conscious when i'm being watched lol
i wish people wouldn't look at me haha but that's hard to control

do you use social media much?
also i'm curious why you brought it up, did you have thoughts about it?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 06:02:34 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: True *nods* I really agree with you haha

Used to have FB or Twitter but gave up on them and deleting my accounts there eventually because I didn't want compare myself with others or avoiding potential drama. So far my thoughts on social media is quite mixed tbh, there are some content I find were pretty good or wholesome at least and sometimes some users tend to be... competitve (whether it's for selfies, etc.) for some reason?

And the reason why I brought it up is I wanted to know what others think of it besides me :o Sorry if this isn't the answer you wanted to know ^_^;

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 06:03:42 )

@xvz: I call it the Before Times too! Lol

Those are pretty good headways for a subway system. Comparable to the ones in Europe. Hurricane Sandy messed up so much in the Subway and tunnels in NYC. It needs to be rebuilt or repaired, but there isn’t enough political will power. But watch, when the current tunnel fails they are going to be like- Who could have foreseen this!? We need to fix this now, and other shit like that.

I do wonder what the countries emissions would be like if we were so city centric. Like in NYC most of the emissions are from old buildings even though there is 8 mil ish people that live there. And buildings are a lot cheaper and easier to retrofit than it is to built public transportation. There are 8 mil ish people in LA, and over half of there emissions are from cars. Imagine if we didn’t have to go on a flight every time we wanted to travel, or if people didn’t have to commute in cars daily to get to work.

Yeah same. I’m glad that people are taking to the streets because it’s for a good cause, but I’m still worried about the spread. Like Memorial Day numbers are just starting to show up in testing right now, and they for sure show a spike. I’m sure we will see another spike in a week cause of the protests.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 06:19:03 )

ah i made brownies again ^^ they're so good, i wish i could have someone else try one

yeah social media's definitely a mixed bag
i think i am able to have a healthy-ish relationship w it bc i know it's not real life yk? like as a photographer i know my photos are super heavily edited and i know what the original looks like. so on social media similarly i know i'm looking at like a highlight reel and not reality. and i also uninstall / log out if i'm getting overloaded from it

and total i wonder if i subconsciously picked it up from u ^^
yeah feels like we're too busy setting out fires every year tho to focus on investing in infrastructure ... i would love to see la reimagined
i have been thinking if i would want to move to la after ny (maybe in 5-10 years??) but the traffic seems so awful and i'm wondering if it would get worse by then too (and also climate change....... aka the fires....)
i wonder if remote work will become more common as a response to commuting getting worse. although i will say i think most of emissions comes from corporations and not so much individuals

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 09:24:09 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: Sorry if I didn't noticed your reply! I was in a bad mood just now

And I see, I agree about your thoughts on social media. Also I didn't know you're a photographer, if that's the case, then I think your photos are great tbh ^^

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 20:43:38 )

@chiffonorange: haha it's ok. i'm in a sad mood today ._.
are you feeling better? do you want to talk about it?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 21:13:31 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: Oh dear, I'm sorry that you're in a sad mood today :( *sending you a virtual hug*

Ah I just woke up for a moment but planning to go back to sleep again. ^_^; And I'm not too sure if I wanted to talk about it though.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 21:17:11 )

@chiffonorange: haha thanks
and no worries, there's no pressure to if it's not helpful for you
ah isn't it middle of the night for you, i hope you get some rest

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 21:20:33 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: You're welcome and okay then *nods*

And yes, it is even though it's like I'm getting slightly used to being up early (ironic 'cause I'm not a fan of being that early lol, especially on weekends) and thank you

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 21:25:23 )

@chiffonorange: what gets you up so early? does your body naturally wake up or do you have to get up early for work?
the only time i wake up early is by accident

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 21:33:31 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: Mostly the latter :o and sometimes if I had a weird dream or some sort of nightmare, I would wake up for about a min just to calm myself down then tried to go to sleep.

And ah I see *nods*, that's normal to wake up by accident though, probably due to mistaking that you had to get up early to work or some sort ( ^_^; )

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 21:45:09 )

@chiffonorange: ah i see
yeah i guess your body is supposed to get used to it after you do it for a long time
i think my body naturally sleeps/wakes later though

are you going back to sleep? i hope i'm not keeping you up ~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 22:40:30 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: Mmhmm. *nods* It depends on the person. I think I'm awake for now as I'm done sleeping lol 'cause I have to get ready for work today.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 23:04:43 )

@chiffonorange: tru tru
i hope you have a good day at work today ^^

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 23:09:10 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: Aww thank you :3 and I also wish you to have a good day too

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.