Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 23:13:45 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@chiffonorange: haha thanks, i will try ^^ it's 6pm here but it'll be sunny for a few more hours since it's summer
do you check voltra at work? you seem online a lot when i am but maybe our online hours just overlap often

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 23:17:47 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: You're welcome and I see, sounds pretty nice xD

Oh, mostly when I'm bored at work only if my boss isn't around (I know it sounds unprofessional sorry) but otherwise I tend to afk (or away from mobile? lol) a lot.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 23:57:06 )

@chiffonorange: haha you don't have to apologize
we all have downtime at work
i've never tried voltra on mobile, is it easy to use?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 23:59:59 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: True. *nods* Hmmm... I would it's pretty easy to use since Voltra has a mobile version for any browser app :o which it is a good thing and at least better than most forum site that lacks one

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 00:03:52 )

@chiffonorange: that's good!
yeah i can see forums being hard to use if they didn't have a mobile version
i bet the text would be super small

i actually don't do things on my phone that often, it kind of stresses me out haha
everything is smaller and slower, and sometimes i don't want the internet w me all the time you know?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 00:56:24 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: Ooo I see. *nods* That's understandable as you wanted to minimize the amount of mobile usage which can be pretty hard to break for most people these days :o

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 03:43:00 )

@chiffonorange: yeah i wonder what it must be like to grow up w/ smartphones your whole life
my phone keeps running out of storage, which helps me not use it much lol but i think i might want to upgrade soon
i want to record more photos/videos/audio but i can't wo it running out of space

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 04:36:53 )

@xvz: if you want to try out LA go for it. However the traffic really is horrible and trust me, the wildfires are worse than they were when you lived here. PG&E started cutting off power to people when the risk for a fire is high. Last year they cut power to thousands of people around the Bay Area with only about 24 hours notice. Last year at least most jobs didn’t go without power for long or those buildings had backups. We can’t rely on that this year.
Also this wildfire season is suppose to be at least as bad as last year. It barely rained this winter.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 04:43:50 )

@totalanimefan: oh that's awful :-(
i think i do vaguely remember hearing about the power shutoffs - how stressful that must have been!
sigh now i'm nervous for the rest of 2020
do you have a generator? there tornados in tennessee (where i grew up) two months ago and my parents were in a tight spot wo a generator :/ i read hurricane season will be rough this year too

i guess my thinking is - it's only gonna get worse for la... so part of me wants to try living for a bit there before it gets inhabitable >_>
but i feel the same way abt nyc ... gotta live here before it goes underwater lol

how's your week been so far?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 05:35:45 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: True, I used to borrow my dad's flip phone to play games or listen to ringtones when I was a kid in 2000s lol. And never got my first (smart)phone till I was around 17 or 18 I think. (I know it seems pretty late for me to have one lmao)

Haha I see xD Hmmm... if you do plan to upgrade your phone soon, it'd be better if you do some research on your dream smartphone's storage and well as other things :o

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 06:05:27 )

@chiffonorange: haha i remember that. i got mine pretty late too, i think also around that age
i don't think i had one until after i graduated high school? which honestly i'm thankful for
it must be so stressful to be in high school with the current state of social media, there's so much insecurity during that phase of life and i bet social media can make it hard on a lot of young people

ah yeah i have been looking! right now i have an iphone6 that i've had since ... 2014 ?
surprising still works fine minus the space issue, and the camera is still pretty decent
iphones are definitely pricier but the camera makes it worth it for me

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 06:22:29 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: I see *nods* and yeah, me too. And so true! I feel bad for the young people nowadays :c as they got exposed to social media at a much earlier age than we do.

Ooo I see! It's true iPhones are more pricier than Android phones due to their features and yeah, as long as you're satisified with what you wanted, regardless of which phone brand or model that is :o

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 06:33:51 )

@chiffonorange: yeah i appreciate that growing up the internet was bounded by where the desktop was
like it was there when you +chose+ to check it, and could physically step away from it if you wanted
i also really enjoyed all the weird/fun sites, and i remember going on chatrooms and chatting with friends over aim/yahoo messenger :-)

honestly i've actually been saving up and could get one now, but i've been feeling kind of guilty about getting a new phone when a lot of people are having a hard time financially right now
the space issue has been stopping me from doing a lot of things i want though, and i don't have a real reason not to get it, especially if doing so would make my life easier ...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 06:42:45 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: Mmhmm. *nods* Those were the good times tbh. I never had Yahoo Messenger but I did used to have Windows Live Messenger before it became Outlook. And yeah those weird or fun sites were quite interesting at least lol

Ah I feel the same way about getting a new phone as well. Usually saving up comes first... as always (^_^ ; ) Sorry if I didn't have any good advice :c

On an unrelated note, I lurked on the storytelling thread on RP forum and just wanted to say you're a very good writer!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 06:49:46 )

@chiffonorange: aww thank you so much ^^ i really appreciate that
i do really enjoy writing, and i like how low pressure rp writing is :-) like everyone's just there to have fun you know?
i used to write poetry and fiction. i used to be kind of a perfectionist about it but i think i've let that go
it wasn't until i joined voltra that i made the connection that i used to write fanfiction in middle school lol and how that probably helped a lot with developing my writing skills! i always set it aside since fanfiction isn't seen as "serious" in the """literary world""" but there's a good amount of worldbuilding and character development involved too

i feel like chatting online then was so much nicer than texting today! and haha it's ok to not have advice, thanks for listening

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 06:51:42 )

@xvz: yeah if you still want to move to LA go for it. I just wanted you to know what you are getting into. I looked up generators yesterday. I didn’t buy one. I feel like I have to look into it more. I was hoping I could get a solar one instead of gas. Not only do I not have the space for a gas one, they are loud and I don’t know if the HOA would let me run a gas one.

Hurricane season is going to be bad. I can just feel it. I’m always following along what if going on hurricane wise.

As for my week so far, today I had to wake up early cause an inspector came to look at my recently redone bathroom. I only had like an hour warning. Afterwards I did go back to bed but my cat kept waking me up. The rest of the day was fine. What about you?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 07:08:10 )

@totalanimefan: tru tru, i feel like every city has its tradeoffs and la has some big ones
hopefully you won't need one anytime soon haha

ooh are you renovating? i love watching house renovation tv shows lol
how's it looking?

my day was ok... i had work during the day but i was definitely having a hard time
hopefully the rest of the week can be better :p
i'm thinking of taking friday off for juneteenth

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 07:17:26 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: You're welcome ^^ and I used to roleplay around age 12 till 19 though I used bracket style (a.k.a script style) for rp as I find it easier to tell which character is speaking lol. As I grow older, I realised so many rpers use literature style and somewhat very serious about it which made me feel nervous and insecure about my writing skill. ._.;

Ah fanfiction, everyone's favourite past time c: and yeah, worldbuilding and character development is good too besides making a great plot *nods* And same about chatting 'cause I kinda lowkey miss them sometimes and you're much welcome c:

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 07:26:23 )

@chiffonorange: ooh what's bracket/script style? i'm not sure i've seen it before
oh ~ i can see how that can feel intimidating. hopefully as long as everyone has a good time, style differences shouldn't get in the way
i think it's interesting to think abt rp writing and how the mindset towards it can be different
for example, thinking about it as writing fiction that happens to center around a character - is different from -
thinking about it as, rp similar to dnd - if that makes sense
when i was younger i was always afraid to rp because i felt like i didn't know how to do it, and people would write so much! i didn't feel like i was good enough at fiction writing so was too intimidated to start. now that i have written fiction i find it a lot less scary haha... but writing fiction first shouldn't be necessary to enjoy rp!

i think similar to fanfiction/fanart, rp and avi art on forums are so good for developing writing and art skills and are accessible to people

do you keep in touch with any of the people you used to chat with?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 07:34:55 )

@xvz: how much longer would you like to live in NYC for?
Wildfire season isn’t normally until Oct, but who knows what’s normal anymore with climate change.
I redid my bathroom and it was finishing just before the shutdown. Like one week before but the inspector couldn’t do the inspections until now. So it’s been finished. It looks great. It’s a white and black bathroom.

You should take off on Friday. I hope the rest of the week is good to you.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.