Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 23:41:52 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@chiffonorange: aww thank u ^^
i feel pretty weak from not eating during that time but otherwise am mostly recovered
sigh just grateful for whatever health i have left now i guess lol

i was enjoying the shared storytelling thread ^^ i'm sad no one else posted afterwards ...
i wish there were more open, continue the story style threads ~
i was thinking it could be fun to start like a "choose your own adventure" open group thread?
like each post ends w 2-3 choices that the next poster could choose from :-)
do you think people would join?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 23:48:18 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: You're welcome and it's good to hear you're recovered ^^ and yeah me either, I mean I can't just hog the next post lol so I thought maybe the next person would see it and post but alas, I was wrong.

Ah that sounds interesting :o Hmmm.... that's kinda hard for me to explain, it depends on the people if they're interested or not (especially when it comes to genre as people have different likes and dislikes on each genre :viosweat: )

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 23:52:34 )

@xvz: Food poisoning, that sucks! I hate it when I get that. T_T
Thanks I'm glad that you like. I wanted to use the color Candy but I didn't know what to do with it. XD
They are from an event item from the last Christmas event. They are both to the same item I believe. I'll send you a copy. I have extra.
I like that we can look at other's profiles and see what they are wearing. It's hard for me to remember all the poses from all the items. We have a lot of them now.

Yeah, you saw my thread! His Boss, and Boss's boss gave the ok. Now just the final boss needs to give the OK and we can go! We told them we were thinking August. We were thinking later, like Nov, but my mom only lives about 3 hours away, and she is having major surgery in July. So if we move in August I can self quarantine in DC and then drive up to be with her. My sister is there now quarantining at a family friends house. This Wed we will get the date for my mom's surgery. I really hope my husband's company is ok with the August move, cause it's so soon, but I really want to be there for my mom, and to be honest it sounds better than moving after wildfire season but when fall is pretty much over in DC. XD

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/23 00:37:00 )

@chiffonorange: thank u ^^
haha i think u should if u wanna ~
i feel like rp threads on here aren't the most active so u shouldn't worry too much abt "hogging"

that's tru that's tru i was thinking about that
like it's not rly the format
i think it would hard for me to decide how to start the story and like set the genre/theme

@totalanimefan: haha right! i think i've had it 3 times ever
this wasn't the worse case so i was like ok if i've been thru worse i can get thru this ...
there will be a light at the end of the tunnel ...

ooo ~ omg tysm i would definitely take one
ya i feel like i'm always wondering what ppl are wearing! at least knowing the name means i can look it up on the item museum or smthg
i'm really loving the new outfits feature too :-)

that's awesome! i remember you wanting so badly to move, i know it's not official but i'm really happy for you :-)
i see, 3 hours is still close enough to be able to visit or stay w her if she needs it too
i saw u were worried abt covid stuff but honestly i feel like it wouldn't affect your move too much other than maybe you can get a better price
exposure wise it's mostly just some movers right?
in ny at least 4 of my friends have moved or are moving this summer, i feel like the pandemic doesn't change that people have housing needs and there's not really that much additional exposure
i hope your mom's surgery goes ok and that you can be with her! <3

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/23 00:43:47 )

omgg tysm total <3
this item is so cute, and there are mice?!?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/23 00:45:38 )

@xvz: The worse food poisoning I had was also in NYC. I got it from a Chinese place and it was out of both ends at the same time and super violent. I have never wanted to shower so badly as I did that time. Luckily I had my husband to get me gatorade and Clorox wipes so I could clean the bathroom. I hope I am never that sick again.

Yeah it's a great addition that is super awesome!

Thank you very much. I'm looking up places I can rent from in August. As for the possibility of getting COVID, I do have to take a flight over to DC. So the movers in CA, at the airport, flying, (and it's not direct) and then getting to where I'm going to be once I'm in DC. Like if I take the metro or if I get a Lyft. I will also have my cat and dog with me.
With a 3 hour drive it won't be hard to see her, but also you got that buffer zone so that you don't have to be there every weekend XD Just important times. XD
I hope that the surgery goes well too, but honestly I'm not that worried about the surgery. It's there to safe her life, not to end it. It's COVID that I'm worried about more. I don't want her (or me) to get it.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/23 00:46:01 )

You're welcome. I don't remember all of the poses but there are a lot of different ones. I'm glad that you like it ^^

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/23 01:06:37 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: True. *nods* Same goes for art thread, arcade thread, mini shop thread etc. (except the hangout or general chit chat thread as they're the most active I think) and I see.

Hmmm.... coming up a story can be tricky if there's no discussion on how to start the story and well as the genre/theme since one needs their potential rp partner to agree with their permission :o

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/23 05:05:01 )

@xvz: I do not have a favorite veggie at all. I literally will just eat them 😂 they are always good together too.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/28 04:19:49 )

@totalanimefan: omg! that sounds awful lol i hope you don't ever have to experience that again either haha
it's sweet you had someone to help take care of you tho :-)

and i see - i have had friends who have had to fly and/or move out of necessity and they seem to be ok - not sure if you find it a little more reassuring. ny had at least a week of daily protests and our cases didn't really go up, so i think it's possible that you'll be fine as long as you're taking all the precautions (and you can always quarantine for two weeks or get tested to be sure before you see her). i get that the story can be very different depending on where you are though so i definitely understand why you would feel anxious about it.
i didn't know you had a cat and dog ^-^ what do they look like?

lol buffer zone is Very important!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/28 04:23:18 )

@chiffonorange: ooh yeah i'm curious how much more active it is here during events??
i saw they announced a summer event TBD and i'm really excited about it :-)

that's true - sometimes open threads can work out if people happen to be interested, but it's hard to predict what other people want

@bonnie: aw yum ^^
some people seem to really not like veggies and it makes me a little sad lol
i feel like the reason ppl feel that way is often bc they're not used to them being prepared in a way that's tasty! but then the association is already made and anchored and it's hard to unlearn

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/28 04:29:25 )

@xvz: Yeah for the worst of it I told him to leave me alone though. I didn't really want anyone else around, but then when it was almost over I let him back in the hotel room XD

Thanks for that. I'm so worried that if I drive or if I fly we are going to get COVID. Yeah the protests in DC didn't add to the numbers either. It just proves that wearing a mask really makes a difference.
Pinto is the dog, and Cobalt is the cat.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/28 04:41:30 )

@totalanimefan: hahaha that's understandable
it's too bad to get it during a trip though! was it supposed to be like vacation?
i hope you got to enjoy the other parts at least haha

i get the worry but i think it'll be ok <3
how has the housing search been going? do you know what you're looking for?

aww they're so cute ^^<3
pinto is a lil one too, they look like they would get along!
how long have you had them?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/28 05:02:03 )

@xvz: We spent a few days in NYC before traveling to my mom's for thanksgiving one year.
I did get to enjoy other parts.

The house searching has been ok. It's hard because there isn't a lot of inventory right now. Cause of Coronavirus and things are still in high demand. Rent is dropping though, so we are probably going to rent for a few months when we move there. It's a bit easier that way.

They do get along. Pinto is 12 and I've had him since he was 6, but I've known him since he was a puppy. Cobalt is 3 and I found him at 2 weeks old. No momma, so now I'm his momma.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/28 05:14:45 )

@totalanimefan: ah i'm glad!
i really miss the city
i hope moving/housing goes as smoothly as possible! are you going to get another 1br? i would imagine dc has to cheaper than the bay but i've never lived in the dmv area so i can't say i really know much haha
it's pretty fun to look at houses/apartments though lol (well, it's fun when you don't have a deadline and it's not out of necessity haha)

how cute! i wanna get a pet someday but i don't think i'm ready yet to put all my furniture at risk lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/28 05:22:48 )

@xvz: Probably a min 1.5B/1B because my husband will work from home. It is cheaper than the Bay Area, still expensive compared to the rest of the country, but it's ok for us. We can afford a 2 bedroom place in a walkable neighborhood.

It is fun to look at houses online. Sometimes I just do it when I'm bored.

Owning a pet is a lot of work. If you travel a lot it's hard to have a pet.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/28 15:55:53 )

@totalanimefan: 2 br would be really nice, since you could set aside office space / secondary lounge area if you need or want ~ me time ~ lol
i would love to have an office someday, i definitely want the flexibility of wfh (since i have chronic pain) and it would be nice to have a room dedicated to being in work/thinking mode

haha me too! i'll usually look at nyc so i'm used to these wild prices, then go somewhere cheaper like atlanta and then i think everything is so affordable lol
for the price of a studio in nyc you could get like 2 mansions elsewhere ...
do you watch house hunters or shows like that?

yeah i think i still am in a phase of life where i want to be able to travel and move wo having to worry about pet care

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/28 20:32:07 )

@xvz: yeah I wish that we had a 2B right now. That would be great cause when we have company they sleep on the couch in the living room. Which is really comfy for sure I’ve slept on it before but isn’t their own room. Plus like a said my husband has been working from home since March. So we have his desk in the living room.
And starting tomorrow I’m temping from a company I worked for in the before times and I’m going it from home this time lol. So where am I gonna work? The couch? lol

Oh my gosh NYC is so expensive. And so many places are a Co-Op if you want to buy and they just sound awful. Atlanta is super car dependent though. So you would have to think if that’s worth it for you. Cheap for housing but you spend so much time in traffic.

Sometimes I watch house hunters cause I like to see homes but the people they pick are normally super annoying or bitchy. Lol you know how Americans love their drama.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/28 23:06:48 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@xvz: Ah I see. *nods* It's true that it depends on whether they're interested or not :o

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 05:29:52 )

@xvz: I completely agree with you. I wish people could break that, but eating habits seem to be the HARDEST thing to break tbh. Once you’ve gone your whole life not eating something you are very reluctant to change that.

I’ve honestly seen people work to quit smoking rather than work to each more veggies and fruits. It baffles me

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.