Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Bloodlines

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 22:58:10 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

".........." Darrell was silent as the blood flowed from her.

It smelled divine. And he was scared he was about to go crazy with bloodlust, and jump at her. To the point where he was silent, and uncomfortably staring at her for close to 5 seconds, before he literally had to shake his head vigorously, and slap himself across the cheek to bring himself back to reality.

"Ok, good." he said.

"I need to get you home." he told her.

"You need medical attention, and you need it NOW." he continued.

"Can you deal with being teleported with portal mana?" he asked, before pausing.

"Oh, and I'm Darrell. Darrell Sherwood." he then introduced himself, hoping it might put her at ease to know who he was.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 22:59:47 )

Sammy paused.

"I... thought you were showing up tomorrow." She admitted.

"But yeah, I should be all right for that. I sure as shit can't use my fire out here." She added with a sigh.

"Let's go." Was the last thing she said with a heavy sigh. "Because I need to dry off."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 23:22:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Got it." Darrell responded.

He then got close and held Sammy close, before the two of them fell through a portal that opened up beneath them, and then ended up landing in her backyard.

"Sorry." he apologised. "I don't know if my mana can break through the barriers around your home." he told her.

"Anyway, we're here." he continued, as they started to make their way towards the house, and saw Evan in the window... before he quickly grabbed a phone and started to make a call.

"Ah, he must be calling everyone else." Darrell commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 23:27:28 )

Sam didn't say anything, just sighed. She looked to the thunderous clouds above them with a groan before they got inside.

"Ohhh, somewhere dry. Thank whatever the hell is out there." She muttered as she kicked off her shoes and use her flames to dry them.

"All right, I'm gonna go up and have a shower." She commented. "And deal with these damned bites." With that, she was making her way through the house, up to the bathroom, and leaving bloody footprints.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 23:46:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Darrell watched as the footprints were left, as Evan continued to make calls, one after the other.

The first one was, of course, to their mother.

Darrell then sighed, before asking Evan where the cleaning supplies were.

Evan pointed to a cupboard, and Darrell proceeded to grab some things, and started to clean up the bloody footprints.

"...geez." he muttered.

"Just... geez..." he repeated, while Evan continued to relay the news to the others.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 23:49:59 )

Casey was, sure enough, the first to return home.

"Evan!" She called as she stepped in after wringing out her hair.

"Where's your sister?" She asked. Evan,w ho was still on the phone with others - namely his Uncle at the moment - just pointed upwards. Casey paused, listening.

"... shower?" she asked, to which he nodded.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 00:11:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah." Darrell replied.

"She said she was going to take a shower." he told her.

That's when Casey truly noticed that Darrell was cleaning up the bloody footprints as he followed them.

She could surmise that Darrell had been the one to find her, and that she had not come home on her own.

Sammy had been injured, and Darrell had brought her back.

But who or what had injured her daughter?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 00:13:53 )

Casey was silent as she watched Darrell for a few seconds.

"What'd you find?" She asked, wanting to know abotu the blood specifically. It wasn't hard, at all, for her to figure out that it was Sammy's blood, but that was all she knew.

"Because I can tell that's my daughters blood, I know her footprints." She added

"So tell me what you found. What the hell hurt her?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 00:35:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Darrell was silent for a moment, looking at her.

"I... I don't know." he said.

"Well... I mean, I DO know, but-" he started to say, before sighing.

"It looked like a wolf." he told her.

"But there was blue in its fur." he went on.

"And it looked like the rain was just falling off its back, like it was covered in down." he said further.

"But I don't know what that creature IS."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 00:59:26 )

Casey was silent for a moment before sighing.

"I... have no odea what new quarry might be out there, but I didn't know there was something like that before." She added.

"I'm going to make sure she's all right though." She said before heading off. She paused at the door though.

"Evan! If You haven't spoken with Ash or your father yet, let them known to hunt out Darrell! Ash is the one who largely maintains the creatures out there." After he'd agreed, she headed off to check on her daughter.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 01:23:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...when is everyone coming back?" Darrell then asked Evan.

"I just finished calling everyone." Evan replied.

"Odds are Aunt Ashleigh and Uncle Ash will come back together, as will Luke and Kelly." he went on.

"And odds are that Uncle-" he started to say, before they felt a surge of black mana outside.

"...Ash will be here very shortly." he finished.

He then made his way to the window, to see that Ashleigh had, indeed, returned with him.

And Lindsay was there, as well.

"At least she made it back." Ash said to Lindsay, as the three of them started to make their way to the house.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 01:26:16 )

"You're lucky I had decided to land instead of just flying back.' Ashleigh commented as she opened the door.

"And she's back and ok. I figured that would happen, if I'm being honest." She added.

After the three adults had made their way in, Ashleigh just waved.

"Yo." She greeted

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 01:44:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hey." Evans replied.

"So she's back?" Lindsay asked.

"And injured." Evan responded.

"Injured?" Ash asked him.

"Yeah, she was attacked by a weird creature." Darrell confirmed. "And... well... it was weird. It was wolf-like, had blue in its fur, and water was just slicking off of it like it was nothing." he said further.

"...great." Ash growled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 01:46:21 )

Ashleigh paused a moment before sighing.

"... I'm going to go hunt that thing out." She said simply.

"Someone has to. We're a house of fire. That thing would deal serious damage."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 01:58:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....are Kelly and Luke back?" Ash then asked Evan.

"No..." Evan replied.

"We have to go. NOW." Ash told Ashleigh.

"Kelly could be in danger." he told her.

"Come on." he said.

"What's so bad about it?" Darrell asked.

"We'll tell you once we're back." Ash responded.

"If you get curious, Lindsay might have a book that mentions it. It's called a River Wolf."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 02:03:42 )

Ashleigh was silent for a moment before shaking her head.

"This is horrible." She said quietly.

"How the hell did one even GET into the woods?" She asked as she and AShley reached the door.

---

"Ah, SHIT!" She exclaimed as she dove out of the way, hoping to avoid being killed here. She took Luke down with her, as she was trying to get him out of the way too.

"Luke, are you all right?" She asked as she started to apply pressure where he'd been bit before.

"Because you're bleeding, bad."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 03:00:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't know." Ash responded.

"But we're going to get rid of it." he finished, before they were out the door.

---

Luke was silent for a moment, coughing slightly.

"I... I don't know..." he said.

"Pain... lots of pain..." he mumbled. "And some numbness, too." he added, as the creature snarled at the two of them.

"What IS that?" he then asked. "I've never seen a wolf look like THIS..." he went on.

"...then again, I don't know much about fauna." he admitted.

"I'm a flora sorta guy."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 03:05:48 )

"Beats me." Kelly admitted as the wolf dove for another snack.

Kelly tried to react quick enough, and overall - she did. She got Luke out of the way, and she was mostly out of the way too.... but she felt it's teeth latch onto her leg.

And then it started to pull her back, drag her away.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 03:25:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....AH!" Luke exclaimed, as he slammed a hand onto the ground, and thick roots emerged from the ground.

"Grab those!" he told Kelly.

"And hold tight!" he continued.

"...damn this heavy rain..." he muttered.

Normally he was great at poisons and powders and such, but when the rain was this heavy, there wasn't much he could do. The powders and pollens would get waterlogged and be rendered almost useless.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it." he cursed, as he tried to stand up, but the pain he was feeling caused him to flinch and fall to his side.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 03:39:11 )

Kelly grabbed hold, and felt the mana from the roots wrap around her hands, as the roots followed, holding her hands in place. It was something that she was super appreciative of at the moment. She could tell that it was the only thing holding her in place.

She let out a scream as the wolf bit down harder.

If the rain wasn't a factor, she could have definitely burned this thing to hell and back, but it ... well, the rain was getting in the way. Even her dragon fire was likely to be swallowed up in it, it was coming down in such waves.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.