Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2020 Event Hangout: ~page prizes!~ RNG prizes ~ Come Chat- all welcome!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 22:49:40 )
Actually, Italian mostly. I have zero desire to learn Spanish for some reason, although being in Florida, I could actually use it.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 22:50:20 )
My head isn't in it right now though - I don't know why.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 22:53:57 )

Oh! Parlo un po 'di italiano! I lived in Italy for six months!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 22:56:28 )
@sunny: I would answer you in italian, but my head is really not there right now. I'm jealous - I'd love to spend more time in Italy! We spent a week in Rome last year, but although it was great, it was not enough time. We couldn't manage more time in Europe though.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 22:57:08 )

@Wildfire: No worries:D It's abeautiful place, I keep meaning to go back there one day. I never went ot Rome, though I wanted to.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:00:16 )
c'e troppi cose fare in Roma!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:02:12 )
... or should that be "molti"? Gah - head does not want to "italian" right now. Anyway, Rome was a lot of fun - SO much history everywhere you looked! And especially coming from the American perspective, it really had a "long term historical" sense -- much more than we're used to seeing here, even in some of our oldest cities

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:04:20 )

Yeah I'm a big history fan. I loved that about Italy, though I am also partial to British history. I love all history tbh.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:06:25 )
Yes, I'd love to get to England too. And France. And really just take some time to travel around Europe, maybe calling one place "home" for a while.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:09:07 )

That sounds cool. I have never been to France. I would love to spend a weekend there one time. Spain is cool too.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:09:45 )
My Italian today is stumbling over things like this:
question/translate: The paragraph describes a historic place
my answer: ""Il paragrafo descrive un posto storico"
correct answer: "Il paragrafo descrive un luogo storico"
... like really??

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:10:56 )

Heh, pedantic :/

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:11:54 )
Yes, I'd love to see it all. I adore different cultures and perspectives and I've seen a decent part of the U.S. I'd like to see more Europe. All of it. And not in that manic crazy way many Americans apparently like to travel. I want to sit at a caffe and just absorb it all...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:13:09 )

That sounds like the ideal way to travel tbh. Just drinking it all in.
I would like to go to the US one day, but it is so far and I get ill on planes :/

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:13:35 )
@sunny: Right? And how am I supposed to know they want "luogo" instead of "storico" and what's even the subtle difference between them anyway?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:16:37 )
Yes, I agree about traveling like that - visiting the museums, etc., of course! But at a leisurely pace. Talking with the residents. Getting a real feel for the history, the culture, etc.

That sucks that you get ill on planes. Definitely complicates things for you if you want to travel. You've never been to the U.S? Where would you go? What would you do?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:19:34 )

I would go to Washington DC. Totalanimefan says there are some really good museums there, the Smithsonian etc. I doubt I'll ever get there, I've never even been to London lmao. I am bad at organising trips etc.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:20:24 )
"The future must know where you've been."

I haven't been to the museum in so long >w>

Last one I went to was a cowboy museum, and it was ALMOST interesting... I was hoping to learn more of actual cowboys, not the white western idealized versions of them, however, all I learned in that manner was buckaroo being a butchering of "vaquero"

"The past predicts the state you're in!"
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:23:49 )

I like museums, but I've only been to a few. There's one near near me that I've been to maybe 4 or 5 times in my life, and then I went to a few others on school trips and such. I do remember having a lot of fun on our 8th grade field trip to COSI, a science museum in Ohio.

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — buckaroo Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:24:15 )
hi , sorry i keep getting distracted by work LOL

but that's kinda cool, about the origin of buckaroo. never even thought about that before

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.