Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 00:03:30 )
@Wildfire: My stout roommate got annoyed and took over garland/ladder duty. lol! and none of the 3 men would let me anywhere near the ladder.
I'm not afraid of heights and I'm the lightest, so I kept insisting I could do it. XD
But yeah, denied for good reason.
The job got done, shakey fear man did a poor job on the corner he did, so we'll have to go back over to that spot and re-hook it.

-cough-shakey fear man is my marine vet husband-cough- lmao, he's at the top of the ladder holding on like a cat stuck to a ceiling and telling recap stories of when he jumped out of helicopters.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 02:16:36 )
@Koah: Oh boy... This is turning out to be quite the holiday for you, isn't it? XD
It sounds like hubby was trying to embolden himself by retelling those stories- making the eves of the house not quite so intimidating...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 04:36:25 )
@Wildfire: Today was relaxing and pretty entertaining. We got good guys in our group. Marine vet, Army vet, and a mechanic. XD
Conversations are never boring around here.
It's pretty funny when my husband starts retelling stories, his defense mechanism is to laugh like a psychopath.
Unfortunately, he's dealing with shingles this week, and probably for a couple more weeks. His pain level is pretty high, so he's been making jokes and laughing more as the pain gets worse. Stress-induced shingles. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 14:21:13 )
@Koah: Yeah, I bet the conversations around there are pretty interesting most of the time!
Your poor husband! It sounds like he really needs to find a way to relax! I hope he feels better soon.

Good morning.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 14:47:41 )

Good morning everyone, I had an absolutely amazing time bowling with friends last night.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 14:57:59 )
You BOWLED in your FURSUIT??? ROFLMAO! <3
I bet you had an interesting time if nothing else!!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 15:04:10 )

I did. It was a lot of fun, and definitely made it a bit more difficult. Did manager to get a strike at least once. >w<

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 15:17:51 )
That's hilarious that you guys went bowling in your fursuits! ... but you tend to do a lot of things suited up, don't you?
And I bet it was a little more challenging to bowl with the gloves/paws on, etc!!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 15:22:06 )

Lol we do like any excuse to put our suits on. There was a family that had children who got a kick out of it. Giant bowling plushies. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 15:37:11 )
So I've noticed that you take -and make- opportunities to suit up!! Did you have to "clear" bowling in the suits with the bowling lane manager or anything? Did you tend to get any grief - "oh, you can't do that here!" type thing when you go out?

I can definitely imagine the kids getting a kick out of seeing a bunch of you suited up and doing things like bowling, though!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 15:44:47 )

We did contact the bowling alley, and they said it would be okay. Lol we try to make sure the location owners or the whoever is in charge will be okay with us suiters being there in suit. Didn't get any grief.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 15:48:38 )
That's good... and smart... but you've been doing this for a while, so I'm sure you've got some of the initial kinks worked out (like calling ahead). I was just curious. :3

So what's your next foray out? Do you have something planned?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 15:51:37 )

Next thing I'm doing is a Christmas thing with my dnd group. That won't be a suiting thing though. It's just a small gathering so we can exchange gifts.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 15:52:50 )
Oh that's nice. I was under the impression your D&D group wasn't all local for some reason... but I'm not sure where I got that idea, tbh.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 15:53:56 )

We're all local minus one. It's just easier with our different schedules to do things online rather than in person.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 15:55:32 )
Yeah, that makes sense - travel, finding a spot to sit and game, etc.... it adds up, and if you can do it via Zoom or whatever other online medium with the same amount of success and interaction, why not, right?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 15:57:50 )

Basically our thoughts on the matter. Sometimes for special occasions we do in person stuff though. Lol last night four of the dnd group was there, so we decided to have us verse everyone else. >w> We lost.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 15:59:50 )
lol - that sounds like another funny story!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 16:01:55 )

We were bowling next to a professional and his trainer, and the trainer felt bad for my friend. So she started giving advice to us for free.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/13 16:28:07 )
LOL! So somebody hasn't done a lot of bowling in the past, huh?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.