Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/15 16:08:13 )
@Wildfire: you were right about yesterday, I ended up crashing in the afternoon for quite some time.
I'm JUST now implementing rinsing off dishes and putting them in the dishwasher. XD It's going to be a daily headache to remind my kids and husband and even roommate to rinse the dish and put it in the dishwasher.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/15 17:23:31 )
@Koah: so it's not just me with the dishes and the sink?
I'm sorry that you crashed yesterday, but you really must have needed it! I hope you're feeling better today :3

I was just out in the garden- don't feel like I did much and I'm exhausted. Ugh. This is not like me...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/15 17:38:11 )
@Wildfire: Yesterday, I had a guy come by to tell me what can be done about my broken washer. He said nothing. The machine is 10 years old and fused out. Everything is fried. So he's going to try and help me get my home warranty company to help me pay for a new one- since they've basically been useless to me. CX
I'm going to try and finish what I started yesterday and hang things up on walls. Then hang up more garland inside the house since I have a few extra strands.

I hope you get a bit more energy today, drink water, and eat berries? [this is my go-to suggestion for lack of energy] XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/15 18:08:59 )
@Koah: Oh, I really hope the guy can help you out with the warranty! Of course they don't want to pay out... even when they really should. /eyeroll/ Can you even get a washer at this point, with all the SNAFUs with container ships and factory shut-downs and other crap going on?

Yeah, I've been drinking water since I came in, and I just took a shower, so at least I'm feeling a little better... but the slight nausea and more pronounced exhaustion after doing what I did in the garden seems excessive. All I did was dig/turn an already loosened area of the garden that was about 6'x6', mulched it, laid down some stones in part of it and moved a bit of chicken wire. Otherwise, I did a little weeding, replanted some kind of squash that was growing in the compost in to the ground, and raked up some leaves (to mix in with that garden area that I'm trying to prepare for whatever I decide to plant next). This is not normal for me - I'm used to having much more stamina. It's making me wonder what the heck is going on... but you're right - it could be as simple as hydration or lack of sleep.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/15 18:50:44 )
@Wildfire: yeah, I don't know. We have one working washer and dryer upstairs, but being pregnant and making trips with kids, mine, and my husbands' clothes consistently has sucked this week. So I'll be calling the warranty company after lunch today to get their verdict, all while I'll keep the contract up on my side so they don't try and loop-hole me.

Gosh, I hope you start to feel better and you're not getting sick with anything. Sounds like the beginning of a virus/bug.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/15 19:16:50 )
@Koah: It doesn't feel like a virus/bug though. It just feels like... tired. :/ It's weird. But thank you. I'll definitely keep an eye out for other symptoms or whatever. <3

At least you still have access to a washing machine, but I bet carting things up and down all the time is tedious. I hope all works out for you with your current washer and the warranty!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/15 19:45:53 )

@Wildfire: yeah, I'm glad it didn't get worse than just weirdoes.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/15 20:15:40 )
@Another Movie Addict: it sounded like it was walking that line pretty closely...
How are you doing today? Anything interesting going on?

My Christmas tree decided today was the day to start smelling like a live tree and I think it's trying to make up for lost time with the power of the pine scent it's sending out! <3 XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/15 20:23:16 )
@Wildfire: I love the smell of pine. lol. <3 I gotta figure out how to get more water to my tree's base. I need to cut a few lower branches. o3o
I need to use my energy for cleaning before I crash.
I just ate a big lunch and now I wanna nap. uhg.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/15 20:42:41 )
@Koah: I use a long-necked garden watering can to add water to the tree. It's much easier than trying to use a large measuring cup or something...

BTW, I realized partly what's going on with me today - (1) I only had one full cup of coffee. I had been having 1/2-1 more daily. (2) the tooth; I could still be recovering from the tooth thing, especially since it seems to be affecting my sinuses a little. (3) Dog slept at my feet last night - I'm not sure how much it affected my sleep since I don't have the feeling that my sleep was particularly bad last night, but it could still be a factor. (4) hydration - I think I am slightly dehydrated :3

I want to nap too...
I vacuumed at least, so I feel like something was accomplished. Good luck getting your stuff done! :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/15 21:41:12 )

@Wildfire: Nothing interesting today. Unless you count a toddler screaming super loud, like he was dying. Just because his mother wouldn't let him play with our very breakable shinies.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/15 21:48:29 )
Oh, that stage of toddlerhood is horrid... and if the parent doesn't handle it well, it continues -just morphs- forever... But good for her not letting him play with your breakable shiny things!

...I'm glad your day was boring??

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/15 23:45:43 )
@Wildfire: I'm glad you might've figured out the source to your drowsiness. I know too much coffee dehydrates me and knocks me out. :T
Takes a lot of strong coffee to do that though, I've been doing about 1-2 light cups of coffee the last month or so. I just couldn't cut coffee off entirely.

I'll have to try and find a bottlenecked watering can. o3o

I got enough stuff done to feel a little bit accomplished. I found wheels to put under the daybed, so I moved that across the room without straining myself. We use a daybed as a couch and when we need more space, I put it in the corner of the room as a spare bed.
I managed to hang up everything in the christmas/game room that's been leaning against walls. I just need to hang up stocking hooks and that space will be ready for guests. <3
and I Vacuumed like a crazy person in there. ceiling, stairs, corners, etc. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/15 23:54:55 )
@Koah: Yeah, coffee is weird. Not enough? Drowsy. Too much? Hyper, then drowsy/dead. I had been doing half-caf for a while, but hubby kept drinking it and it's not always easy to find, so I just went full-load again.

It sounds like you've had a very productive day cleaning, and that you're almost ready for people to show up. I hope you get a couple of days to just relax and enjoy all your hard work before they appear! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/16 14:39:00 )
............. and it's a new day. Good morning everyone.

Today, I have a couple errands that should be run and some meal planning for Christmas to do...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/16 14:51:59 )

I only have work today. ^w^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/16 15:06:26 )
That's not really a bad thing, is it?
... well, unless you get overrun by screaming toddlers and crazy people who are threatening to steal from the store...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/16 15:12:13 )

Fingers crossed for a boring day lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/16 16:10:20 )
Good Morning. <3

It's a light coffee with whip cream kind of day. I got 2 days left before family arrives!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/12/16 16:57:07 )
LOL AMA! For your sake, I hope you have a boring day too! XD

@Koah: so is that a "I need sugar to get through"? ... a "I deserve a treat"? ... or something else??
I really hope you get a chance to relax before family arrives - you've been so busy trying to get things ready and I can imagine the chaos that the arrival of your family is going to bring to your household! XD

I did two errands. One was more successful than the other and OMG, I bought stainless water bottles for the boys for Christmas two days ago... had to bring one back because it was missing the straw... went to exchange it... they went up $2 each in the 2 days since I originally bought them! I double checked the receipt to be sure because that seemed quite the leap in such a short period of time...

...now to go get some groceries for the next couple of days and try to figure out what I'm cooking for Christmas. I have given this zero thought so far...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.