Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 19:03:24 )
@Wildfire: I think you'll enjoy McRaven's books. <3 Start with Make Your Bed. It's an easy read and small. :p

The fencing my husband has is more of a large chicken wire. So that would be perfect for my project. lol. I think I know what my next yard project is going to be. huehuehe.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 19:24:25 )
@Koah: I'll take a look at it - thanks :3
LOL - your poor hubby! XD ... but yeah, that sounds perfect for your "next project" XD You can get the kids involved too - you might need the help and they might enjoy picking their own tomatoes or whatever! Do you have any ideas what you want to plant?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 19:55:41 )
@Wildfire: I know forsure this year, I'm going to try carrots and zucchini. Cherry tomatoes by the back door.. and maaaaaybe strawberries.
Of course spicy peppers for my son's garden. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/26 14:38:46 )
@Koah: That sounds like a nice little garden! :3 <3

Good morning.

It's another cold, rainy one here (at least so far). What's the weather for you? Do you wish it was doing something different?

Warm beverage??

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/26 16:03:16 )
@Wildfire: We're getting cold weather I was not wishing for. lol.
Fog & 30 *f temp. So freezing fog. Everything is white and crispy outside. I can't even get a decent picture because my phone tries to over-correct the colors. Cx
This ends today though and we get warmer weather later this week. :d
Good Morning.
My husband made coffee this morning, but it looks like tar, so I'm thinking I'm going to dump it and make my own. o;o

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/26 16:37:32 )
@Koah: lol... caffeinated tar! XD <3

Freezing fog. Fun. I don't know that I've ever really seen that... or if I do, it was decades ago and I don't remember it. It must be interesting to experience!!

I was just outside adding some natural mulch (leaves, etc.) around some of my tropical plants in anticipation of a potential freeze this weekend. It's not as cold out there as it was yesterday, and the rain seems to be lessening. I still haven't checked the hourly forecast though... just know there's more of this stuff on the way.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/26 17:08:07 )

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/26 17:18:43 )
@Wildfire: I took a picture for ya. It's not great. But it's pretty cool to look at.

Our garden convo makes me want to start on something. lol, but then I go outside to that.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/26 17:21:16 )
@Koah: Oh!!! How eerie yet beautiful.. and a little daunting!!!
I was just outside raking up leaves and stuff for some extra "padding" around my tropicals as insulation against the cold front that is apparently coming

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/26 17:27:29 )
@Wildfire: Daunting is right. When I lived in North Dakota, if you saw this outside, you can bet everything is closed or closing for the day. No need to leave the house. Usually means it's below Zero outside.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/26 17:30:41 )
@Koah: Yeah. In New England it usually meant the same, but from an ice storm that came through (not fog, that I can recall). So, enjoy your day "in"??

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/26 17:36:11 )
I need to run to get some food things - it seems the boys have eaten all the eggs, etc. I'll bbs.

... and Koah, you could always do some research on gardening, or looking at seeds, or stuff like that if you're wanting to garden today :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/26 17:47:53 )
@Wildfire: Have fun on your errands. I'm off soon too. :d

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/26 20:05:12 )
@Koah: O.M.G - I had the slowest cashier in the history of the absolute slowest cashiers! If there was a contest for the slowest cashier ever, this woman would have won without even trying! What should have been an hour, most, of running this errand, took two... and it wasn't because she was new or learning or anything, and it wasn't because I was sauntering through the store or anything either!! UGH! /dead/

I hope your errands or projects went better than mine... spent waiting in line... XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/26 21:27:45 )
@Wildfire: We have one of those at our local grocery store. e.e' I avoid his line when possible. I'm sorry your errand was dragged on. D:

I just went into town with my son. He had karate and I bought some groceries for dinner.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/26 21:39:40 )
@Koah: Yeah there are a couple cashiers or baggers at the local grocery who are slow too and I avoid them whenever necessary. This was somebody who I had no previous experience with. If I run in to her again, I will definitely be avoiding her!

Oh that's fun. How is he enjoying the karate? And what are you making for dinner?? I have a bean chili in the crockpot. It should be almost done, actually...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/27 03:18:09 )
@Wildfire: He's loving karate, I'm already seeing him get a little more confident. He's a pretty timid kid. I spent some time talking to the other homeschool moms. A new one came around today and she didn't even bat an eye when she handed me her phone number. She was desperate for other homeschool mom-friends.
I'm just making taco salad for dinner. I had leftover taco meat from the other day that needed to be used.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/27 14:43:37 )
@Koah: Oh good! I'm glad you're "getting there" and finding other homeschool moms in the area. Did you get any info on co-ops or meet-ups or anything? And I'm glad your kiddo is enjoying karate so far :3 - that's awesome.

Good morning!

What is going on in your corner of the world today?

I am hoping to get that rug finished - it's pretty big!! Then I should probably find some old sheets, blankets, etc. that I don't mind using around the plants (in anticipation of what is forecast to be a very cold (for my area of Florida) weekend. There's a few other things I should probably do today too but I'm not sure I want to think about them just yet XD ... first things first - coffee! :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/27 14:47:23 )

Yesterday my mom went to the emergency room, for pain in her legs. Turns out that she had a clot causing everything below the kidneys to not have any blood flow. Anyway she made it through surgery fine, so today I'll be going to visit her.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/27 15:24:16 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh Yikes AMA! I'm sorry to hear about your mom, but am glad she made it through surgery and everything! How are you holding up?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.