Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/23 18:30:18 )
@Koah: Oh yay! You get some alone time... or at least kid-free time!
What else is on your agenda for the day - anything interesting?

@Another Movie Addict: Yes, yes it does. Coffee makes the world go 'round! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/24 14:13:44 )
...coffee, and other caffeinated beverages...

Good morning. :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/24 16:48:49 )
@Wildfire: yesterday wasn't as relaxing as I was hoping. The washer got dropped off, however, they couldn't install it.
Husband was gone with kiddos. So I recruited both guy rommates. The muscle men. lol. We got things moved around. But neither of them could fit in the space behind the dryer.. omgosh. and I'm like a pregnant raccoon. I fit in small spaces but I can't suck in my gut anymore. XD
anyway, took us almost 3 hours to install with 2 ACE trips.

:T
BUT ITS DONE. I can catch up on laundry! HAHA

Good morning.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/24 16:57:01 )
@Koah: good morning.
It sounds like things were a little frustrating for you yesterday, but you got things taken care of. And if nothing else, you have a story to tell... And laundry to do XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/24 17:36:31 )
@Wildfire: I'm happy it's finally installed and done. My roommate who has no experience with kids was like "suck in. I'm sure you could squeeze outta there."
and my other roommate who has tons of experience with kids replied "her stomach is like a brick, man. She can't suck it in. We gotta move the washer and dryer for her to get out."
"Are you sure? Can you try to squeeze out?!"

I'm stuck behind the washer and dryer laughing because men.

I'm going to tackle the stack of laundry today. I was doing the bare minimum for laundry for the last couple months because it required me bringing my basket up and down the stairs.

How's your day going?
I love your grey-tone avi today. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/24 19:35:23 )
@Koah: "suck it in"... uhhh... there's another human in there... sucking it in won't work! XD <3

Thanks for the compliment on the avi - it just seemed like a thing to do today.

My day is going ok, thanks. Hubby and I decided to go out to get lunch, so that was a nice change of pace for a work day. Otherwise, I'm trying to decide what to do with my afternoon. I could work on my latest rug, but it's got some wobbles in it that I'm trying to figure out if I need to address in a more direct manner than throwing it in the wash when it's done and hoping that sorts things out, and honestly, all the sewing the last couple days has made me a little sore... so between the two, I think I need a break from that project today. I could go dig up more of the yard, but again... sore. I could plant/replant a couple things, but we've had frost warnings the last couple of days, so that's probably not a good idea either. And I didn't sleep great last night either, so... ???

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/24 21:49:52 )
@Wildfire: your day sounds pretty good so far. :) Going out midday is always a nice change of pace.

I had a sore day yesterday. I'm surprisingly well-rested today. I went to bed early last night. Woke up early this morning.
I noticed I could start doing some seed-starting... but, everyone around here is under the impression we're about to get hit with a pretty big cold front come February. -shrugs- I dunno.
I need to buy dirt/soil for a garden if I want to begin that. And I think I've decided to collect the old horse fence posts and make raised garden beds out of them. Our yard is a disaster from our winter projects. Sawdust everywhere, holes from dogs, some long grass and random piles of branches and wood.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 13:53:00 )
@Koah: We had frost warnings a day or two ago and apparently another cold front is supposed to come through later this week, but it was a lovely day yesterday (~70*F, sunny & clear). This morning, it's raining and is supposed to rain all day, I think. It's making me think I should have done some planting or digging around the yard yesterday after all... or at least filled up some of my starter pots. Oh well. You should definitely reuse the old fence posts, etc. - cheap, available, upcycled, and functional! :3 I had my son bring some of the broken boards from the fencing at the stables to the house for makeshift edging/semi-raised bedding (or even for footpaths through the mulch) for the garden. It's working out well so far. It sounds like you have some good fodder for a compost pile (sawdust, grass) and like it's time for a bonfire!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 13:54:05 )
Good morning.

What's everyone up to today?

It's raining here right now -and I think it's supposed to continue all day, so I'm not sure what that means for me... probably not gardening - lol.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 14:19:55 )

Good morning. I am sleepy. And it's not currently raining up this way.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 14:33:21 )
Good morning. *hands you a coffee* Is it supposed to rain up there today? I know another cold front is supposed to come through in a couple days - and you'll get caught in that more than we will here...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 14:34:31 )

It already rained for now. So is all gross and wet out there. Not sure if it's supposed to continue to rain.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 15:02:49 )
Well, I hope you're done with it. It's supposed to rain all day here today... so I'll be hiding in the house XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 15:06:10 )

Okay yea, it's supposed to rain off and on all day.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 15:11:21 )
Do you need to go out in it?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 15:23:22 )

Only for a little while. Waiting for the bus.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 15:31:38 )
That shouldn't be too bad as long as you don't have to walk too far and there's shelter to hide under

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 15:33:48 )

I'm just hoping that the rain holds off until I'm safely in the store.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 15:35:16 )
That would be nice. I hope so too, for your sake :3
I was just out there with the dog and grabbing a couple things from the garden - it's definitely chilly (but not miserably so) and wet. XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/25 15:36:29 )

Wonder if that'll keep people from wanting to buy books.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.