Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 15:22:07 )
I don't know, and I think that's part of the "problem", tbh.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 15:29:27 )

Yeah. I hate those kind of days. Like you feel like you want to do something, but you have no idea exactly what that it. So everything else seems like pure torture to do.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 15:34:36 )
Yeah... exactly. And this is like day two or three in a row! Ugh.

I kinda want to go dig up more yard and plant a few things in the garden... but I'm not sure if this cold snap is over with and anything that hasn't already been planted and established roots in the ground/pots will have a hard time staying alive if the cold isn't done with us yet...

I really should work on my youngest's transcripts, etc.... but that's tedious paperwork that I'm not in a good mental state to deal with ATM.

There's decluttering and organizing that needs to be done around the house, but I don't seem to have the energy or mental attention for it right now, especially since I'd like to sell most of the stuff I want to get rid of, instead of just donating it somewhere...

My latest braided rug is at the point where I can start sewing it together, but I'd need to take over the dining room table and set up a work space that will likely last several days.

... and part of me wants to just go to the beach or something... but it's chilly out there!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 15:37:00 )

Can always just read a 'beach' book.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 15:40:19 )
Yeah... I could put out a hammock and just hang out on the lanai, reading... but I think I'm tired of dealing with the house and yard too (being at the same place, so often). I think I need an outside hobby ... with people... but am not sure what that might be.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 15:44:41 )

Maybe a hike?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 15:48:50 )
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe it's time to head to a local park to take a hike or a bike ride. Hubby just came in with the dogs and said it's a really nice day out there. :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 15:52:51 )

Lol see a hike is just what you need.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 15:56:43 )
LOL <3 So it would seem. So do I head to one of the parks? ... one of the nature preserves? ... walk through the neighborhood? Hmmm... choices, choices! XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 16:00:07 )

Whichever makes you feel happiest. -nods-

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 16:03:24 )
<3 That is exactly the right answer! Thanks AMA... and thanks for dealing with my "whining" (I don't do it often). I'll have to see what I feel like doing and where I feel like going once I get dressed (yes, still hanging around in PJs XD )

So what else is going on for you today? Anything interesting?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 16:12:50 )

Not really just chilling before work.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 16:15:04 )
That's cool :3

I'm feeling more awake now that I've had the majority of my second cup of coffee :3 I still need breakfast though...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 16:21:50 )
Good Morning. :d

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 16:31:28 )
Oh good morning Koah! How are you so far today?
(warning: I'm probably going to disappear soon - getting breakfast and then I've decided to dig up more of my yard and do some work in the garden before maybe going for a walk or hike through one of the local parks)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 16:36:29 )
@Wildfire: So far, okay on my end. Woke up with the baby bubble up in my ribs. So, took a bit to let gravity pull him back down. =3= I woke up uncomfortable and cranky.
But I bought a flavored coffee and now I'm thinking of trying to accomplish things around the house today. My husband is home recovering from food issues yesterday.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 16:43:45 )
Oh no! It sounds like you guys are dealing with a lot of "tummy" things. I am sorry to hear it and hope everyone feels better soon (and settles back down where they're supposed to be! XD)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 18:04:02 )
@Wildfire: lol yeah, damn tummy issues.
it drives me nuts when my husband is home and well enough to be walkin' around and annoying everyone. XD lol
I'm putting him to work. XDD

How's the garden coming along?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 19:22:50 )
@Koah: lol! You definitely should put hubby to work!! <3

The garden is coming along...I think. Today, I moved some edging stones and actually edged part of the garden with them (instead of letting them sit in a pile any longer-lol), planted a couple different types of flower seeds in pots (zinnia and nastrium), planted some purple bush beans in a big pot, moved around some different aloe and cactus-y type plants (I think I'm going to see if they'll grow around the stupid palm trees in the front yard, but haven't just dumped them there like I think I'm going to for a "survival of the fittest" planting experiment!!). I edged out another part of our front yard for additional planting but don't think I like where it is right now or how it looks, so will probably move it tomorrow. I'm thinking of putting lemongrass there, with a cassava tree/plant, and some cranberry hibiscus... Don't think hubby is going to like that (lol) but tough! ... And I scared some chickadees and Cardinals from the birds feeders, walking through the yard....

I think I was working out there for 2.5 hours? It doesn't really seem like I got a lot done for that time... And it's hot... Nice, but hot (like summertime in most of the rest of the country- lol)

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/20 19:44:42 )
@Wildfire: I can see how that doesn't feel like much work since a lot of it was laborious. Sounds like good progress on your garden, I just did the "survival of the fittest" this last summer. Cacti/succulents are resilient and totally annoying. <.< I have an indoor Aloe and that's the extent of my own succulent/cacti collection.
I would love some of that nice warm weather. The sun is out here, but it's cold. I'm torn between wanting summer to come and winter to actually do winter stuff. We haven't had a good snow this year. XD
My roommate came downstairs and offered to help me clean up my Christmas pile because she knows it's been eating at me. c: So she's coming downstairs to lend a hand in a bit. Yay. Husband offered to help this morning, but changed his mind because he found better things to do. XDD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.