Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:17:33 )

@Wildfire: Perhaps both!
      Maybe I'll even poke things with sticks. lol

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:17:43 )
"The future must know where you've been."

I think I'll do salmon and asparagus for dinner tonight. I should probably thaw the salmon, now that I'm thinking about it. >w>

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:21:27 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Oh No! Not the 'Poking Things with Sticks!' - how will my fledgling thread survive?!!

@0v7: Oh - that sounds wonderful - cook for me too, please? I haven't had salmon in a while. I should fix that. But not tonight.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:26:24 )

@Wildfire: /poke poke poke
      ALL THE STICK POKING
      lol

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:26:34 )
@0v7: I drop many shades when winter hits. I do enjoy being outside. I'm new to gardening. We just bought a house with a prim and perfect 1/2 acre of flowers and plants... and I'm like. AH.. DUNNO WHAT TO DO.

@Totalanimefan: I'm making this thread my 'go-to'. So you'll see me online more now. C:
@Wildfire: I've been on and off the computer today, getting rid of piles and putting things away. I feel a lot better. 10 outta 10 would recommend. lol.
I feel like a sim and my environment bar was low. lol! [haven't played sims in a couple of years]

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:29:29 )

@Koah: Start small! A good starting plant to grow is cucumbers or tomatoes. Those tend to be easy to take care of - though, it's a bit late in the season to start those >w>
We have a whole acre of land to ourselves, but like, 3/4ths of it is wooded.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:30:22 )
@Anarchist Beauty: -looks closely- Well, so far, I don't see any holes or tears! I guess the "thread poking" test is a success! Now you'll have to stick around and chat! :3

@Koah: Yes, I'll get there. One day I'll wake up and do one of those "this goes, and this goes and that goes... now what do I do with it all until I can actually sell or donate it? AAaaargh!"

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:32:34 )

Best friend's home from work so I'm spamming him with cat pics. >:D

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:33:31 )
Gardening - I like the idea of it more than I like the reality of tending to it all the time, but a lot of that is simply because it's too damn hot here most of the time and the ground is mostly sand, which is not ideal for growing edibles. Or much of anything other than palm trees, apparently.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:34:57 )

@Wildfire: That's entirely fair - I'm lucky to live on land that's somewhat rich in soil, since decades of leaves have decomposed. Gardening itself is hard work - next year my uncle wants to make a raised bed garden, 'cause this year's garden was way too much for me to handle by myself with my disability >w>;

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:38:10 )
@0v7: I bet it looks pretty! wooded property, I think is nice. Not so much maintenance and you generally see cute critters. I had wooded property growing up with wild blackberries. so good. and a-hole raccoons.
I feel bad, I want a food garden and I need to rip up on this well-done flowery landscape.

@Wildfire: oh my gosh! I know that feeling. When I was packing up to move, I went on a binge of making a donation pile. I also threw out several bags of toys, old kids' clothes, etc. stuff thrift stores don't want.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:38:27 )

@Wildfire: Exactly!
      Thread is clearly up to code. lol

Gardening? I'd like to be able to garden and grow my own things, but unfortunately where I live is not ideal for growing anything but tumble weeds. lmao

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:39:28 )
Gardening is hard work, there's no doubt about that.
We try to garden, but I haven't been able to keep up with it. The soil is cruddy. The sun is just too much. The heat is just too much. The water situation is either swamp or caked dry. There are bugs everywhere. Ack! Anyone who can actually grow stuff (other than hot peppers, corn, cotton) in Florida has my deepest respect. I'd love to have more land - that might help.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:39:40 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I spent 5 years in Wyoming and I totally understand. lol! tumbleweeds everywhere, dry dirt, and weird seasons. Definitely couldn't keep things alive.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:40:26 )

@Koah: It's really pretty out here *u* We have wild blackberries, and we used to have a wild plum tree but it died u_u
This year we had grown cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, squash, and herbs to various degrees of success.

@Wildfire: Oh yeah it must get super dry there too. I know I'd not be able to garden there lol

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:42:34 )
@wildfire: yes that would be great hun if u don't mind ^.^ I'm good thanks you just tired.. we're on another lock down here :/ government saying apparently if people don't do what needs to be done everyone in uk will be dead by March.. I hope they're just trying to scare people into doing the right thing.. how are you today ?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:44:31 )

@Koah: yay one of us!
@Wildfire: I jinxed it and now I’m busy at work. Darn. Lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:44:31 )
My new property is beautifully set up for gardening. This would be the first time in my life that I can garden.
Gosh, I'd love to grow food! We have an apple tree here and it's Full! but infested with worms/caterpillar things. I don't even know how to get rid of that infestation.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:44:52 )

Yeah, I live in the Mojave Desert... We can't grow a single thing around here.
      I know many people who have tried to build gardens and things and it all failed because of the heat.
      Sun out here just bakes everything dead.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 21:46:14 )
@Koah: And yes! I like to donate stuff when and where I can, but sometimes, it would be nice to recuperate some cost of things but selling stuff takes a different kind of time and energy and patience that I just don't always have either. And who knows what the "rules" are now in our covid-centric world.

@Anarchist Beauty: lol - glad the thread meets your approval! :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.