Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:21:53 )
@Koah: I was always active. It's really only the last couple of years (and 2020 especially... because 2020!) that my activity levels have seriously decreased and I'm spending more time inside and at the computer. It kinda sucks, tbh. :(

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:22:39 )
This is exactly

@Wildfire: Yeah. I've been warned already lol.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:23:28 )
@0v7: Well, if you look it up, let me know - I really hate MS browsers, etc. LOL - 2/4 of my family has Linux installed as their primary OS, the other one is barely on his computer, and I'm running MS, but mostly because of my sites and needing to know what most people see, etc.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:24:23 )
@Another Movie Addict: Some of it is personality, IMO; some genetics. But if it bothers you now, start making changes now

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:25:33 )
This is exactly

I am as energetic now as I'm likely to be. But standing all day does take a toll.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:33:41 )
I think 2020 is taking it's toll on me mentally. :T But, weirdly enough, good things have come out of 2020 for my husband and me.
I miss working and going out. I'm an outgoing individual.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:35:48 )
This is exactly

I did manage to finally get a job this year. After countless applications over 5-6ish years.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:36:04 )
Oh yes - it's amazing how exhausting that can be :3

So what types of exercise do you guys usually do? I used to do a lot of yoga, but then 2020 happened. I can't really do it in the house because the dogs think I'm playing and try to jump on me, and my family can't seem to leave me alone long enough to get through a class -sigh- Otherwise, I've been kayaking once every couple of weeks, and trying to get at least one walk in a day (about a mile and half). Once in a while, I'll go for a bike ride or a hike through a local park, but that's about it.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:37:16 )
@Koah: 2020 has been absolutely mentally exhausting on so very many levels! You're not the only one feeling like that! <3 Yes, it makes sense that some good things have come out of it, though :3 I'm glad that has been the case for you and your husband.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:37:16 )
This is exactly

I used to hike, but I stopped there for a while. Don't really exercise like I should. >w> I get bored.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:40:48 )
AMA, I can't stand going to the gym - I much prefer to get out and do something - play sports, go for a hike, etc. - so I understand.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:42:04 )
This is exactly

Not sure why, but regular forms of exercise. I just get bored with doing it. I'll be good for a fews, maybe even a few weeks. But eventually I'll stop out of sheer boredom with the routine.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:43:53 )
Congrats AMA on the new job! Sounds like a good job overall from what you've told us about it. I guess I didn't realize it was a new-this-year job. :D

I do a splits training app on my phone for 30 minutes a night. It's been 7 months since I began it. Can confirm, I am a lot more flexible than my yogi-niece. But it took about a month of training my 3 huskies to not play with me when I'm on the floor.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:44:49 )
That's when you need to make it fun, but I do understand because I tend to do the same thing. When I'm trying to hike more, I try to set aside one day a week, choose a different location (maybe someplace I've never been) and then go, hike, and explore. It's less exercise like that, more fun, and it's a built-in "day off" too. :3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:47:08 )
On my last hike, I ran into 3 skunks and avoided being sprayed. So yay.
But now hiking makes me nervous. XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:48:46 )
This is exactly

I'd go out with my camera and take pictures while I hiked. But I started getting busier on my weekends.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:55:02 )
LOL Koah! I can imagine that would be a little bit freaky! It was probably just a fluke though. I can't remember the last time I saw a skunk... :(

That's kind of what happened to me too AMA, but it's important to take time for ourselves to be outside and to be active too. The computer and things sedentary often seem so much easier though - especially when there's 2020 to deal with /eyeroll/

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:55:45 )
And I love taking the camera with me when I go hiking too - it's a good combination of two interests!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:56:33 )
This is exactly

2020's lock down really did not help actually. Because I was going to try and go back to hiking. But the park I go to of course was closed, and now I'm too tired after work. And on my days off, I just really don't want to do anything on my feet.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 17:59:07 )
Exactly. That's at least partly why I'm more sedentary these days too. At least I can still walk my neighborhood or go for a bike ride in the area. When I manage to get out and do it. ... when I'm not overwhelmed with deadlines, taking care of the house, etc., and when the weather isn't stupid...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.