Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Manipulation

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 01:29:12 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

He smirked at her.

"Soon you will be my puppet." he told her.

"I just need your hair so a new acquaintance of mine can do that voodoo that they do so well." he said further.

Then, before she could react, he lunged for her with his arm, and grabbed the wrist on her cursed arm.

"And now, to make sure you block this little conversation out once more..." he continued, before she felt the curse come back into power, stronger than ever before.

"...oh, and yes, you couldn't remember why it acted up the last time... because of me." he finished, laughing maniacally and triumphantly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 01:59:56 )

Erica was frozen where she was as she felt her curse kick up, and felt everything from it. It was strong enough, this time, that she could literally see the effects, as the colours were stripped from her sight.

She couldn't say anything as he just left, left her with her curse.

She was frozen in place for a few seconds before sinking to the floor.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 02:25:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She sank to the floor, and remained there for close to 12 hours. It wasn't until someone came by to check up on her that she regained ANY sense of self, or semblance of awareness again.

Thankfully, when she came to, it had been because of Zeke's 'uncle', and he had driven the curse back once more.

"Good heavens." she heard him say.

"That was certainly alarming." he commented.

"Are you all right?" he asked her as he let go of her arm.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 02:32:20 )

Erica was silent as her brain caught up to everything around her. She met his gaze, and he could see the the clarity was slowly arriving.

"I..." she started before shaking her head.

"I don't... I have no idea." She admitted, looking around.

"What... what happened?" She asked, knowing he likely couldn't properly answer that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 02:52:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just sighed.

"Wish I knew." he said.

"Decided to stop by and check up on you, and found you like this." he told her. "Your arm was going out of control, so I did what needed to be done, and drove it back down." he continued.

"I could ask YOU the same thing." he then said.

"The heck happened to cause it to flare up THAT badly?" he asked her.

"Do you recall?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 03:00:36 )

Erica was silent for a moment before shaking her head.

"I... have no idea." She answered.

"I just... the last thing I remember is waking... after you were here last." She added.

"I don't... I have no concept of time though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 03:19:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe paused when he heard that... before sighing.

"That's... concerning." he said.

"Very much so." he said further.

He then looked around, before he seemed to notice something. Before she could ask, however, he gave a small nod, and she heard light padding, as he cat approached and nuzzled against her.

"That little one seemed very worried. Heard him mewling when I showed up."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 03:27:32 )

Erica just sighed lightly.

"..." She didn't stop the cat from climbing up onto her lap. Gabe couldn't deny the concern on her face though. She was debating something, but it wasn't something she liked. That much was clear.

"Thanks." She said, gratitude in her voice.

"... Why did you stop by, anyway?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 03:49:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He narrowed his eyes when he saw her expression, but didn't say anything yet.

"I..." he stammered.

"I wanted to." he said.

"Just... I mean..." he started to say further, before sighing heavily.

"I admit, I was worried and wanted to see if you were all right." he then said. "Since the last time I was here, I've been finding myself thinking about you... and your well-being." he admitted further.

"So I wanted to see if you were okay... and... to... just... you know... check up..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 04:01:00 )

Erica was silent before sighing.

"... well..." She started before sighing, again, and shaking her head.

"Thank you." She said, sincerity to her voice.

"I definitely appreciate it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 04:25:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe was silent as he looked at her still, before nodding slowly.

"Want me to hang around?" he asked.

"I.. don't have anything else to do..." he admitted.

"And... where would you like to go?" he asked her.

"Couch or bed?" he asked further. "Because you DO need to rest." he told her.

"Also..." he then mumbled.

"Do... you want me to... make something to eat for you...?" he asked, sounding a little flustered now. Almost like he was embarrassed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 04:28:48 )

Erica was silent for a few seconds.

"If food is going to be ... a thing, couch." She answered before carefully nudging the cat away from her so she didn't risk hurting it. She then got to her feet, her movements planned and a bit on the slower side. She wasn't in the best of shapes, and it wasn't hard to tell, either. She did, however, make her way to her couch without much of an issue, granted she had to actually put some real effort into staying on her feet.

"... and .. if you can cook?" She asked in response to the food inquiry. She didn't think he could, didn't expect it.

then again, she barely knew him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 04:48:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel followed her to the couch, and helped her sit down on it, with her cat jumping up onto it afterwards.

"Eh-heh." he chuckled.

"Yeah. I can." he said.

"It's a skill I picked up on... a while ago." he admitted.

"Haven't used it in a good while, admittedly, but... I can make something up for you." he offered.

"If you're all right with that, that is." he then said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 04:50:29 )

"Kitchen is... over that way somewhere." Erica said, that statement making it apparent that she still wasn't in the best of shapes.

"Have at it." She didn't really know what else to say regarding that, because she found she trusted him - for some reason - even if she didn't know what he would do, or if he'd end up poisining her or something.

Then again, at the same time, she was finding she didn't much care. Death would likely be better than dealing with these flares of her curse, she was sure.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 05:17:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she sat there, and the cat nuzzled her again, she heard him messing around and such in the kitchen... and then she heard chopping and clinking and such, before things went a bit silent, and she heard sizzling.

This was followed by and aroma of deliciousness wafting towards her. It was hard for her to describe it, but it smelled better than anything she'd ever smelled before.

"Bowl or plate?" Gabe called to her.

"It's pasta, if that helps!" he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 05:19:16 )

Erica had been basically spacing out as she was sitting there, but when Gabe called out to her, it brought her back to the present.

"I... bowl!" She called back.

"Holy hell it smells good." She muttered, finally realising that she could smell something, and it was something quite delectable.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 05:40:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Got it!" he called back.

About 15 minutes later of the delectable aroma, she suddenly felt his mana spike a bit... and then she couldn't feel him there at all. And it was like that for about 10 seconds, before she felt it spike again, and she could feel his presence once more.

But before she could say anything, she saw him approaching, a bowl of spiral pasta with sautéed veggies in it, alongside some chorizo sausage and a creamy sauce, with garnishes sprinkled upon it in one hand. She also noticed he had a bottle of what looked to be wine in his other hand, alongside one of her wine glasses. But the wine was not one she'd ever seen before.

He approached her and handed her the bowl, the scent of the foot nearly causing her to salivate on the spot.

"I went and got a complementary drink to go with it." he told her, explaining his sudden disappearance.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 05:42:56 )

Erica was silent before just looking to the tray that he'd brought out for a few seconds.

"I... wait. What?" She asked.

"I just... what the hell are you going on about?" She asked. "I mean.... why?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 06:08:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe just sighed.

"I wish I could tell you." he said.

"But... anything I say might end up being a lie." he told her.

"Which is to say... I'm still figuring that out, myself." he clarified. "I mean... I feel drawn to you, for some reason." he continued.

He knew why, in a way. Her curse. He was always tied to the curse. But he couldn't help but feel something else being reignited within him... and he didn't want to lay anything too heavy on her, especially when he was still coming to terms with it, himself.

"If you want, think of this as receiving God's Love." he then added with a small smile.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/17 06:14:53 )

Erica paused.

".... something tells me that that's more accurate than you initiall might intend." She commented before trying some of what he'd given her, and freezing.

"...... Right then. Thank you. Because this is easily the best pasta I've had in my life."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.