Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fire and Ice

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 05:05:49 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay didn't say anything more.

He just boosted it and left.

"...well that was... I don't even know." he lamented.

He then made his way to the den and looked at Vincent and Rowena.

"Something's changed in her mana. And we need to find out WHAT."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 05:24:09 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Rowena paused a moment, looking to Vincent.

"Do you know of anything that can change in mana, aside from strength and whatnot, for teens?" She asked him, trying not to panic a little.

"Because I certainly don't."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 05:50:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent shook his head.

"I do not know of anything like that." he said. "WHAT is happening to her!?" he then exclaimed, stress in his tone.

"If I may." Lindsay suddenly interjected. "She described it as something was 'unlocked' during that betrayal." Lindsay responded. "So whatever is happening, it's something that was always there, but was perhaps forcibly brought to the surface earlier or stronger than normal." he guessed.

"...hm." Vincent mumbled, thinking about that.

"That IS a little easier to digest." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 05:55:18 )

Rowena just sighed, heavily.

"So Alice is going through who the fuck knows what." She said simply.

"That's lovely. Absolutely lovely." There was definite ire to her voice, barely contained ire that was born from the concern.

"Also, Lindsay... is Ash on a hunt or heading out in the next few days or anything?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 06:15:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay was silent for a moment. He wasn't sure if this new information had made things BETTER, or WORSE. Or if there'd been no change. Vincent seemed to take a little solace from this info, but Rowena... seemed the same.

However, he was a bit confused when she asked her question about his brother.

"Huh?" he muttered.

"No... no, not that I know of." he said.

"Pretty sure he's 'grounded from hunts' for another week or so, because he'd been hitting the high-risk ones a lot lately." he told her.

"Cass's orders."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 06:17:30 )

"Perfect, because I don't dare do it myself, what with how that's such a slippery slope for me, but someone needs to talk to Vicki about the runes SHE made." Rowena said.

"I can't wrap my head around how she was able to do them as she did. From all accounts... that really wasn't the standard rune." She added.

"It's... weird. Not a concern so much as it is, this is more for a distraction and preventative measures."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 06:37:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...ah!" Lindsay exclaimed.

"Yes, that is fair." he said.

"And he's the one with the most practical experience in creating them, aside from yourself." he reasoned. "And I can also understand why you would not feel comfortable in teaching her, yourself." he then said.

"I'll go talk to him and get him to start working with Vicki, ASAP." he told her.

"And I'm also going to try and do some research into possible past events similar to the situation that Alice has described." he went on.

"Something unlocking within her and such."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 06:41:38 )

"I'll call Kiah, maybe someone at the Unit will know something." Rowena commented with a heavy sigh.

"Hpoefully." She added with a sigh.

"... actually, I'm going to head down there." She said after a few seconds. "Talk with her directly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 07:03:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent looked at her, and nodded.

"All right." he said.

"I am going to follow Lindsay's lead." he told her.

"Find as much books as I can that may be relevant, and pour through them." he said further.

"...and keep and eye on Alice, in case she suddenly decides she wants anything to do with us again." he then added.

"She's just scared. Very scared. She doesn't want anyone to be hurt over something that's happening, which she has no idea what it is." Lindsay assured him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 07:05:47 )

"Well... all we can do is hope that maybe... just maybe... something will turn up." Was all Rowena said before she grabbed her hat, waved, and vanished in a burst of fire.

She appeared in the usual 'mana receiving' closet room area, and stepped out to see Jake at the front desk.

"Hey." She greeted as she approached.

"Want to talk to your boss. He in?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 07:26:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake looked over his newspaper, she heard his tongue dart out, and he pressed the button to let her in.

"He is." he said.

"Want me to let him know you're here?" he asked. "Or you gonna make that a surprise?" he asked further.

"Also, you remember how to get there?" he then asked her.

"I can get someone to guide you there if not. Or you can use the interactive maps." he finished, gesturing to a blue tile on the wall.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 07:27:49 )

"I know how to get there. His office and the lab are basically the only two locations I KNOW." Rowena commented before pausing.

"and it's my sister that is ... bad with navigation." She added.

"If you let him know, that's on you. See ya." Was the last thing she said before making her way into the building proper andheading up to Hal's office, knowing that her current mood was likely sparking some mana sensors. Her mana was quite susceptible to her mood after her history.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 07:47:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Thankfully, Jake had called ahead, and just as security was starting to be alerted to a potential threat, Hal had calmed it down and said there was no need to come charging in, or whatever.

The last thing he needed was Rowena being attacked.

She arrived at the receptionist's area, but Hal's door was already open, and she was gestured to enter.

"Hello, Rowena." Hal greeted her when she stepped in.

"Rare to see you here." he commented, offering her a seat.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 08:02:35 )

"It is, I know." Rowena agreed with a light sigh.

"However, I am here to ask for your help... if I may be direct that would be easier."[b] She then said.

[b]"I hate to ask, but ... Vincent and Lindsay have no idea what the hell is going on with Alice, and I certainly don't know either."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 08:22:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment, before nodding.

"...very well." he then said.

"If it's to help with family, my abilities are at your disposal." he told her.

"I wish I knew what was happening to my daughter, Alice." Rowena then spoke.

Upon hearing that, Hal snapped his fingers, and Rowena's mind was flooded with knowledge.

And emotions. Strong emotions. Emotions that manifested into a veritable flood, that seemed to be surrounding and drowning Alice.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 10:21:03 )

There was enough that Rowena was barely able to breath for a moment. By the time that it finished, she was completely silent, merely sitting there, trying to wrap her mind around everything.

It didn't take too long though, before she really did manage to.

".... do you happen to know any empaths that could help?" She asked, not moving. That had been one HELL of a rush.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 21:57:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After making sure she was all right, Hal paused and thought for a moment.

"...empaths?" he asked.

"Hmmmm..." he mumbled, pondering his staff.

"I... well, there's agent Vierayen, but... she's not an Empath, per se." he reasoned.

"I might know of a few outside my employ, but it's been a while since I've had to think about it." he admitted.

"Let me check." he said, going to his laptop.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 22:16:39 )

"Thanks." Rowena said, gratitidue to her voice.

"I really do appreciate it. She's locked herself in her room and refuses to come out. Vincent and I could get through the mana barriers, but we'd rather not betray that trust." She continued.

"So if you happen to know someone who can talk to her... it'd help."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 22:37:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah..." Hal murmured.

"Hmmm... empathy can be a very troublesome ability, especially when one doesn't know how to handle it, or even what it really IS." he said further.

"Hrm..." he then muttered, before taking out a sheet of paper, and writing down a few names.

"Try these people." he told her.

"Mention my name, and they'll be MORE than happy to help." he went on.

"Or, rather, say you found them THROUGH me, and they'll be more open to just helping out in general."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 22:38:45 )

Rowena accepted the page he handed over to her with obvious relief.

"Thank you... so much." She said.

"Let me know if there's anything I can do to repay you." She added. "Like... seriously. Name a price, I can probably pay it, and you know that."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.