Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fire and Ice

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 23:23:20 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent knew that any more words here were useless. At least, in relation to trying to calm Rowena down. That would be impossible. She was already being as calm as she could be, given the situation.

And he could tell her last statement wasn't a thread. It was a promise.

"...no. No he won't." he agreed.

"But Rene is the best of the best." he told her. "And Alice is resilient." he reminded her further.

"I have faith that she'll pull through."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 23:29:27 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Rowena was silent for a moment before nodding.

"Don't worry about me for dinner. I need to de stress." she paused a moment before sighing.

"I'll be at Lee's. Call me if anything happens." with that, she turned and started to head back upstairs to her work room, as her phone was up there

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 23:49:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, yes." Vincent said.

"Of course." he said further.

"You do what you need to." he told her, before thinking a moment.

He then sent Rene a text. One that said that if there was good news regarding Alice, to tell Rowena first. Otherwise, tell HIM. If Alice were to survive, it would be best for Rowena to know ASAP, but Vincent preferred some warning if the news were... less than pleasant.

"Give him my regards." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 00:32:52 )

Rowena didn't say anything as she left the room, but he knew that she heard him, and would take it to heart.

---

A few days later, Alice was home. She was kept in the hospital for an extra couple of days initially to make sure that the electricity was properly taken care of... and then because she wasn't talking. She seemed to have shut on herself, avoiding people, not doing anything in terms of connections.

When she got home, she just went straight to her room, not saying anything to anyone, and barricaded the room with her mana.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 01:13:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

This had obviously not gone unnoticed by Rowena and Vincent. The fact that she wasn't saying anything at all any longer... how she'd barricaded herself in her room with mana... it was concerning. To understate it massively.

Every time Vincent went to her room to try and talk to her, the barricade made it clear that she didn't want him inside.

And every time he tried to talk to her outside the barrier, he either got no answer, or received a short, curt answer through text.

He would then retreat to the den, and ponder what had happened to his daughter.

"...maybe we need to call Lindsay in..." he said to himself, looking absently out the window.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 01:20:35 )

Rowena was thinking the same thing as she was up in her work room, trying to sketch out some design ideas.

"What the hell is going on...?" She wondered before sighing and sending a text to her son.

Lindsay... any chance you can, possibly, try and talk to your sister? she sent, wondering how he'd reply.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 01:41:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay, who had been concerned about Alice since he'd heard about what happened, looked at the text, and sighed quietly.

I was thinking about offering my help just now. he replied.

I'll be there ASAP. he then sent.

5 minutes at most. he added, before standing up from the chair in his office he had been sitting in.

"Alice..." he said quietly.

"What's happened to you...?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 01:46:48 )

Thanks Lindsay. I think she's locked herself in her bedroom, As has become the norm. Rowena replied with.

I really apprecaite it. She added after a moment or two, before sighing heavily.

"Alice..." She said quietly. She couldn't deny the stress of this, but she also knew that she had no choice: life continued, and she had to continue on. She couldn't just halt her life as it is.

Knowing that Lindsay was coming to talk to her daughter, or at least hopefully try, was a bit of a relief. With a sigh, she tried to get back to work.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 02:04:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sure enough, Lindsay was there within 5 minutes, and he found his way to Alice's room, as neither Vincent nor Rowena wanted to interfere. Vincent HAD texted to Rowena that Lindsay was there, though. Just so she knew.

Lindsay stopped at the door, and could feel the mana that was being used to seal off the room from... someone. Or something.

He held his breath for a moment, and knocked on her door.

"Alice?" he said.

"It's me, Lindsay." he said further. "Can we talk?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 02:07:44 )

Lindsay was, expectedly, met with silence. He didn't get an answer from within, but his cell did chime.

Talk through the door. It said simply.

Because I am NOT opening it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 02:36:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He read the texts that she had sent, before sitting down and leaning against the wall, beside her door.

"Why?" he asked.

"Why have you shut yourself off from everyone else?" he asked her.

"...does it have to do with the incident?" he then inquired.

"Because you don't have to suffer alone." he told her.

"We're here for you. I'M here for you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 02:38:51 )

Alice was silent for a few seconds before he got an answer.

Because I can't. She told him honestly.

That betrayal... it fucked with my mana. She continued.

[i]I'm staying in here, and keeping it locked off. Hell, want to help boost the barriers? Make it that Mom and Dad can't force themselves in.[/b] was the last thing she sent before waiting.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 03:03:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay raised an eyebrow when she sent that.

"Firstly, the fact that you're even asking me to help boost the barriers so that you can further isolate yourself is concerning." he told her.

"Secondly, what do you mean it fucked with your mana?" he asked.

"Is it uncontrollable now?" he asked her.

"Did it change?" he asked further.

The statement confused and concerned him, he would admit. What was happening with her MANA?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 03:13:33 )

Something was unlocked. Alice sent. I don't know what, how, why, or anything. I thought my mana was fuilly accessible, even if it would grow in strength followed after a few sconds.

However, I just... I can't be with anywhere near anyone. Followed a few seconds.

So please... don't ask me to. there was an almost begging tone to her text, he could just pick up on it. He knew his sister, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 03:40:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Lindsay was silent as he read the messaged.

"...unlocked..." he mumbled.

"Can't be near anyone...?" he asked himself further.

"I won't." he then told her. "I promise." he said.

"But I WILL tell them what you said, so they don't try and force their way in or anything." he went on.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 03:50:22 )

.... Fine. was all Alice replied with. She didn't really want to give anyone partial information, but she hoped, at least, maybe this could help? There was no way for her to know, really.

However, she also knew that she couldn't do anything about this. He'd tell them if he wanted to. That was out of her hands.

She knew that her dad, at least, would likely come trying to help, but with partial information, it wasn't something that would be effective, at all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 04:16:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay read the text, before shaking his head.

"You might not like it, but them having partial information is better than NO information." he told her, standing up.

"And I will stress to them that this is something that I will look into." he went on.

"Something's happened, and I need to see if there's anything that's been documented about similar incidents." he told her further.

"Walling yourself from the rest of the world won't help you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 04:20:08 )

Maybe not long term, but it is helping short term. Alice sent him a couple seconds later.

Don't let me keep you from looking into it. She added a few seconds later before just sighing.

"Just leave me alone..." she muttered, knowing that he wouldn't hear her, the mana around her room was too thick. It dampened most audio going out to make it basically sound proof.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 04:40:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay looked at the door once more, before sighing.

He then paused, and thought about something.

"Before I go..." he said.

"I'll strengthen the barrier a LITTLE." told her.

"For now. It's clear them trying to get in is distressing you." he said further, before sending texts to both Rowena and Vincent.

Meet me in the den. they read.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 04:44:05 )
Alice paused, resisting the urge to snap at him about how if he's onlt going to boost it a 'little', then why both at all. She realised that there would be a good chance of that not going well, and she wasn't sure it was much of an issue anyway.

Will do. Rowena replied with before sighing as she made her way down to the room in question. She didn't know where Vincent was for the moment, as she'd been up in her work room, she'd be lying if she said she wasn't concerned.

"Dammit, hopefully Lindsay got.... something...." She muttered
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.