Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2021 ┤▒├ Wild Sweet Treats

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 17:24:38 )
@Fading Kings: Oh! That sounds severely complicated!! What all does that include? I hope you don't run in to any issues getting everything set up

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 17:25:26 )
@Wildfire: The recipe is actually quite similar to one I make often. I basically make a simpler version. Which I've been craving. So I'll give this recipe a try soon. :p

I haven't answered those daily questions yet either. I like the fourth item (so far) best, just because the posing is refreshing. It's something different.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 17:28:45 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

@Wildfire:

It's not too bad, it's just getting in a bunch of tickets for each person who is traveling overseas. I have to do a ticket in our portal for each person who needs a loaner cellphone and make sure they have international data for it and remind them NOT to bring their current company phone over. Then its assuring they have the devices all set up for loaner laptops (which requires a second ticket) and if they don't already have VPN getting them VPN to connect to our server. It's just time consuming vs hard.

And of course there is the side of me poking them to remind them to make sure everything works so there is time to trouble shoot, but there is always someone who waits until last day.

...If you wanna keep your head

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 17:37:38 )
@Koah: oh good - I'm really glad that it really helps you out!
btw, the recipe is "Mediterranean" ;) <3

@Fading Kings: Oh yes, the overseas things... that was a bit of a pain (but not horrible, says my hubby... 'cuz I delegated that stuff to him to take care of!). Can I ask where people are coming from and where they're traveling to? And yes, of course somebody is going to leave things until the last possible moment!! That's how it works, right? XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 17:42:04 )
@Wildfire: you are a super encouraging person to talk to while we transition our diet. <3 So thank you for continuing to share your recipes. :D
I'm cranky this morning. lol. woke up too early. When I'm not on voltra, my muscle memory gets me on social medias, which feels like brain cells dying.
I might take a break and go outside, I found a spot yesterday where I can put my zucchini starters. :} I just need to manually rip up all the overgrown brush.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 17:43:21 )

@Wildfire:

They are local Americans heading over to China so there are a lot of extra steps right now on top of just buying tickets (covid tests, quarantine ect ect)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 18:04:00 )
@Koah: Awww, you're welcome. It helps me too, you know... <3 BTW, I don't know if you followed that recipe back to the main site, but it has a lot of recipes that are part of the Mediterranean Diet, and a lot of them look really good :3

I know what you mean about social media and muscle memory as you're first waking up. Social media is just a cesspool these days - there's nothing redeeming about it unless maybe you can keep your exposure limited to very specific-topic groups that don't get all full of drama. It's a bad habit, getting on the computer first thing in the morning, IMO, but I can't just jump in to my day and it's nice to have an easy conversation as you go about drinking your coffee and waking up to the point of being able to actually do things... and Voltra is good for that :3 <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 18:05:33 )
@Fading Kings: Oh, I bet there are a lot of extra steps... especially from the US to China!! How long is quarantine and what does that entail? (<--- or ignore this if you're tired of thinking or talking about it; I know it can get tedious). It's exciting for you to be able to spend some time with your family though, right? What kinds of things are you planning on doing?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 18:07:13 )

@Wildfire: Yep yep~
Oh true I can write cursive too just not aesthetically.
My cursive is just terrible

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 18:11:27 )
@Purpsy: LOL - I can actually write cursive... legibly, neatly, cleanly, consistently. Oh! The drills we had to do in school!! Ugh! (yes, I'm old :p ) Your comment sounds like my kids. I made them learn cursive, but they just don't have to use it day in and day out like I did when I was a kid and their handwriting is atrocious! What passes for a signature for them is illegible! It's a good skill to have, though, IMO. Where you required to learn cursive, Purpsy?... or did you opt to learn it?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 18:39:51 )

@Wildfire: Back home in the Philippines I was drilled to learn cursive around my first grade and so on. But I never had the natural talent to write neatly compare to my twin brother. He can write cursive pretty good. By the time I move to Canada we weren't really required to learn cursive here and I know so many who can't write it. So I can still write cursive to this day and can read it. I just chose not to yep unless writing for signatures and I always end up apologizing to the person when I do hahaha. Is that bad lol

Wow, your cursive must be really good! I remember my wrist hurts everytime I write cursive in a long period of time.
Oh btw did you ever have to rewrite a sentence over and over again for like in 2 pages in cursive in school before. I dreaded those exercises so much Dx

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 18:42:11 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

hello everyone good afternoon.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 18:43:59 )
@Wildfire: I've always prefered avi forum sites over social media.<3 Voltra is so comfy too, and I've found people I enjoy talking to during my coffee hours. :p
/
I only write in cursive, my print is horrible. e.e" I can make it look neat and beautiful, old style. But, I do a mix of print and cursive- so most can read my handwriting. =O
I didn't really realize schools opted out of teaching the kids cursive. My niece is 14 and lived with me and she couldn't read my handwriting, then she began trying to copy it... and I told her she shouldn't copy my cursive since it's a hybrid.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 18:50:26 )

@Wildfire:

You have to be negative on a covid test within 72 hours before getting on the plan and then when you arrive you are to take another one by the Chinese government before they put you into a government quarantine hotel for two weeks. It's not like quarantine that happened in a lot of states. It's just you in a hotel room for two weeks under observation.

As for the fun that's happening, I'm taking my dad to Disney on Friday! He hasn't been in 20 year and a friend gave me comp tickets/

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 18:56:20 )
@Purpsy: It takes practice, like everything else... and we did a lot of practicing when I was a kid, being taught how to use cursive. Then there were several years where that's all we could use for assignments, etc. I don't know that I could write sheet after sheet of it at this point... and my typing is faster anyway :3 It's definitely a novelty from the past at this point!!

@MoodyB: Hey Moody! How are you today?

@Koah: Yes, my handwriting is a mix too. It's pretty legible most of the time. My kids tease me that I have several styles of cursive - everything from mostly authentic cursive to scribbles that even I can't read sometimes, but my default is the legible mix. Yes, they stopped teaching cursive here ... 10 years ago or so? I don't remember exactly, since my kids didn't do the school thing...

@Fading Kings: Under observation, alone, in a hotel room, for two weeks. Ugh. But I guess it could be worse. I'm assuming the traveler has to pick up the hotel room fees? Disney sounds amazing though - especially with comp tickets!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 18:57:43 )
@Koah: And oh yes - it's much nicer to have easy, comfy chats with people you like as you're waking up instead of being bombarded by (anti)social media and politics and all the BS that you find on those sites :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 18:58:49 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: im alright, just trying to post around.
hbu?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 19:00:29 )
@MoodyB: I'm doing ok, thanks. I'm multitasking but just going about doing stuff at a steady, comfortable pace, and chatting with people in between :3 There's nothing particularly special going on here today though. You?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 19:02:31 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: im just listening to music for the time being.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 19:03:38 )

@Wildfire:

Yep you are required to pay for the hotel, and you don't know what hotel you're going to until you get there. The cost does include the meals that are brought to your door three times a day at least, but they are local china meals so they might not be to your tastebuds. (Someone asked if they had an American breakfast and was given three pieces of toast and two yogurts)

I've been a tons of times myself to Disney, before covid I had an annual pass. I took him to Universal with my mom for his birthday last year but this is our first trip together since she passed so I'm trying to plan it to make it extra fun for us :D

Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.