Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2021 ┤▒├ Wild Sweet Treats

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 16:06:48 )
@Wildfire: Good morning~ :3 I finally had a good nights' sleep. My husband and I stayed up late watching Good Omens. I'm a big fan now. I love Neil Gaiman as an author, so the show Really did an amazing job capturing his writing style and his storyteller enthusiasm.
It's a nice day here, I need to finish planting my seedlings out in my garden space at some point today.
Kids' gotta catch up and finish school for the week, my husband is home, so it's possible that the kids will listen a little more intensively today.
I got my coffee brewed, and I want to be mildly productive.
How are you doing?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 16:09:15 )
@Koah: Oh! That was an awesome mini-series and yes, they did a great job capturing the details and spirit of the book! <3
lol - gotta love how much better the kids listen when Dad's around! /eyeroll/ ...way to use it to your advantage though! XD

I'm hanging in there. I didn't sleep well, so I'm a little bit of a weird place because of it, tbh, but I'll get over it.

Dog wants out... brb.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 16:13:25 )

@Wildfire: Yes yes ty~
Learning new words are fun! I might use it in the future hehe

Hmm I feel low energy but not really tired and umm as for plans yes and no?
Honestly I don't want to do anything today if I can =w=
I feel very lazy.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 16:22:42 )
@Purpsy: It seems that there's some "lazy" going around today! XD
I'm still trying to figure out which side of "lazy" I'm going to go with today - lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 16:26:03 )

@Wildfire: Hmm... it looks there's a lazy squad forming here right now lmao xD
Honestly is the same for me but is Friday tho.
Yeah that's my only reason/excuse to be lazy today hahahaha

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 16:29:27 )
LOL. Yes, it's Friday. In my case, I also didn't sleep well, so that's contributing to the "lazy" for me... although there's a part of me that's kind of mad that I didn't sleep well and somehow, because of it, I'm almost wanting to go deal with that run to Walmart that I've been putting off...? It's weird. It may work, or it may backfire. It's hard to tell.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 16:38:29 )
... eh. I'm not going to run that errand. I hate that store and my need is not so great that I can't postpone the errand. Maybe I'll do a quick workout -or some crafts?- instead. :3 Or maybe I'll just take a nap - lol! XD ... or do some puzzles here and earn some extra sugar cubes. :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 16:47:12 )
@Wildfire: I vote crafts for your downtime! <3 Your feeling how I felt yesterday. I ended up reading 400 pages into one of my novels and taking a mid-day nap.
I'm glad you like Good Omens, I look forward to finishing the rest of the episodes. C: With modern technology, Neil Gaiman's books could become really successful shows/movies. He's got some smaller novels that I'd really love to see on tv. Like 'Unfortunately, The Milk'. I read it to my kids twice already. My son loves it, my daughter, not so much. XD it's a bit too timey-wimey- flippy-floppy.
We'll see if I can actually get the kids to finish their school week today. oTL Having my husband home will help, but my motivation levels are ready for the weekend.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 16:48:55 )

@Wildfire: Ugh I get what you mean. I slept very late last night as well :(
I've made plans already too but I'm not even sure also if I want to follow after it today.
I might as well skip to the fun stuff and draw.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 16:49:59 )

@Koah: GUUUURL you just got even cuter! xD
And I really love the background with it too~

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 16:51:22 )
@Purpsy: I'm loving your avi today. :D It's casual and comfortable!
lmao! I'm in the middle of posting you a compliment when I receive one from you!
XD <333

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 16:53:40 )
Wildfire:
@Lina: Aaaah... gotcha. Yeah, that would probably take some time - lol!

Yeah, I’ll be working for a while. But I’m getting the winter event bundle which is great because I never got the items from the event. ^^

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 16:53:50 )
@Koah: crafts for downtime is always a good thing - not usually as "serious" as doing the design or graphics work I need to do, and usually pretty rewarding, so yeah, maybe I'll go do something like that for a bit.
I have always liked Neil Gaiman - I've been reading his stuff basically since he appeared on the writing scene. I haven't read some of his newer or kid-based things, though (like the one you mentioned). Good Omens is an awesome book - it's one of my favorites :3
Yeah, I feel ya... I'm kinda like "give me an adult beverage, a book, and a hammock... and I don't care that it's not even noon yet!" XD

@Purpsy: You make it sound like drawing isn't fun! And yes, it can be challenging and frustrating sometimes, but at the end of the day, we draw because we love to draw, right? <3 ;)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 16:55:17 )
@Lina: I'm glad you're getting items that you didn't get a chance to get. That's always a plus! :3

@purpsy:
@koah:
You're both cute! :P

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 17:01:52 )

@Koah: Hehe I beat ya first then x'D
And ty, I was going for that~

@Wildfire: Nah your the cutest!<3
Well... there are days I force myself to draw when I'm in no mood for it and this might be one of those days.
But overall, I will always enjoy drawing! If only I'm motivated to draw daily lmao

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 17:05:18 )
@Wildfire: If we lived near each other, i'd be over in a heartbeat, providing beverages and a buddy to craft with [me].
My first Neil Gaiman book was Neverwhere. His books confirmed that I Love storyteller authors. I read a few more of Gaiman's books and then moved on to Louis Lamour. A western storyteller. Now my bookshelves are being taken over by storyteller authors and old folktale books.

@Purpsy: Your avi actually makes me think of a person I met in RL a few years back. You really captured that winter vibe for someone who wants out of the house and ends up at the coffee shop and talks to anyone sitting in the lounging area. Except, I get the feeling your avi is a tea drinker rather than coffee. lol.
<3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 17:11:35 )

@Koah: Wow that's a nice way of explaining it. I see her as a sociable chill person too.
Yep I was about to opposed the idea of her being a tea lover more than coffee but now I see it why.
But I'm sure if she wants coffee she might like it black xD

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 17:13:01 )
@Purpsy: She blends in with the coffee crowd but enjoys a dirty chai tea latte... hehehe. Best of both worlds!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 17:14:16 )
@Purpsy: Hee hee! <3
...and yes, I understand! I think it's awesome that you draw daily (or almost daily). I was in that habit once upon a time... then the kids and the homeschooling and the "life" happened XD

@Koah: Oh that would be awesome! Why do you live half the continent away??
LOL - yes, I love the storytelling that Gaiman is so good at doing!! I'd love to find more authors who are so intriguing to read, but they seem few and far between lately... although I might have to give Louis L'Amour a shot... XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 17:25:40 )
@Wildfire: Westerns are sometimes difficult to read. So if you decide to take up Louis L'Amour, let me know. I'll recommend one or two of my favorites by him. :3 I try and not read the specific 'Cowboy versus Indian' novels. I like the ones that dive into the 1700-1800s everyday problems of western living, or books of wealth and land drama.
Most of the places in L'Amour's novels- I've lived near or in. So I feel more of a connection to his writings.
OH ! You should start with 'Whiskey When We're Dry' by John Larison. That one is a beautiful storyteller novel. Mostly why I jumped into westerns too.
I love books, hence why I was a librarian for a bit. :d

I do hope you get some downtime and relax today. <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.