Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Exchange {S} orb items {B} New crate items 5K?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/21 19:28:03 )

Head In The Clouds~ (Ping Please!)

@Anarchist Beauty: Not a problem! :)

@Totalanimefan: Oh yeah, very common here around this time of year actually.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/21 23:15:26 )

@PoeticTorment: That's happened around here once or twice. CA it would happen a lot cause there is a desert

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/24 20:43:29 )

@Totalanimefan: Does it? Haven't been that far out.
*^*; My net keeps going down so I think we're switch companies soon...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/25 17:23:39 )

@PoeticTorment: Yeah there is a lot of desert areas in CA. Makes the day time and night time temps very different.
That sucks. I hate it when that happens, you can't do any work, or anything fun and you are like damn, how did I do it before the internet lol
Who do you have in your area?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/25 20:08:39 )

@Totalanimefan: Sounds like it! I just live in the dust bowl area so not a huge shift there. Lol
Yeah, especially since it's how I learn new crafts and I can't afford to by craft books. :/ Our library didn't have much crafting wise either. And I need to find out how to make miniature trees for my model lamp kit atm. =^=;
Sudden Link, ATT, Chisholm Broadband, and Pioneer... We've already tried Sudden Link, they ripped us off pretty bad so big no for them and we have ATT now. Chisholm is pretty much the same as ATT going off what my folks say cause they just got it so we're thinking Pioneer. Plus it's only $10 more then what we pay now but faster speed by a lot.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/25 20:26:40 )

@PoeticTorment: That sucks. Any that you could borrow from a friend or family member? If not you are kinda SOL without the internet.
That's a lot of different providers. Hopefully one of them is good. Could you ask your neighbors what they use and how they like it?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 03:45:22 )

@Totalanimefan: Nope, they don't have any for the crafts I'm working on atm so I've just been using my phone to look up stuff.
Most of our neighbors use Sudden Link or ATT but a lot in our town have been switching to Chisholm or Pioneer since their customer service is better.
My SO says we're going to set up an appointment with Pioneer this week. He says since it's the fiber internet, it tends to run much faster then the cable internet like the other three. I dunno about any of that but from the sounds of it, it'll only be $75 to set it up cause they've been waving the install fee. *^*

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 05:32:01 )

@PoeticTorment: OH wow, you guys have the opinion to have fiber? That's awesome. It's super super fast! And that's a good price.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 15:06:30 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, they just started it recently. I have no idea since I've never had it before so I'm just going of what SO says.
I'd be happy with anything as long as it's better then this. Lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 16:27:13 )

@PoeticTorment: We are moving next month, I don't know if I told you that yet. I have a horrible memory right now haha
We are getting Fiber in the new place and I'm looking forward to it. It's 1GB up and 1GB down. Super, super fast. My husband really needs that for his work since it's in Tech and I'm excited for it cause it's very fast even though I don't really need anything that fast, but it's good for lots of different devices using it at once.
I hope that you guys still connected to this one.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 19:56:09 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh, congrats! It's great that yall will have better service too. *^*
Lol My SO is getting ready to go make the appointment soon, we're just waiting for tomorrow since it'll be payday. XD
It's been so slow it takes several minutes for voltra just to pop open so I'm looking forward to trying the fiber thing.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 22:09:13 )

@PoeticTorment: That's pretty slow internet if Voltra can't even be fast. If you call them tomorrow, when do you think it will get installed? I'm excited for you.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 22:41:46 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah... I'm not sure? It depends on how busy they are, I guess.
They have a store in town so it might only be a day or two.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/26 22:55:54 )

@PoeticTorment: That's really soon. ^^ Better internet is almost here!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/27 01:21:39 )

@Totalanimefan: We can hope so anyway! XD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/27 14:56:44 )

@PoeticTorment: how’s everything else going besides the internet?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/27 16:36:05 )

@Totalanimefan: Not bad, I guess? We're cleaning the property up as we can and fixing stuff as we go. We've been managing okay money wise but prices went up on foodstuffs here so it's been harder for me to stay gluten-free. I've also been fighting my allergies bad so I plan to try local honey again. I've had three severe allergic reactions already. *^*;
How about you? Everything going okay? And feeling better?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/27 16:56:09 )

@PoeticTorment: Nice that you are getting some stuff done around the house. It's stressful to put in the time and money to fix it, but it feels good when it's done.
I know what you mean about the higher food prices. It's crazy the price of things right now. Maybe stock up on rice or something cheap that's gluten-free.

The brain fog is better, but I think that it's still there a little bit. I do feel like I can actually learn again. Less of a cough. My husband still has the stomach acid thing that's a long covid symptom. He went to the Dr yesterday for a check up. Everything else is mostly good for him. We both are still low energy and we have a move coming up May 17th. I don't know how I'm going to have the energy for that lol. It's kinda amazing how after Rona I can just sit around all day and I'm not antsy or anything at the end of the day. I don't care for it, and I wish I had those pre-rona energy levels. I got stuff to do lol

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/28 19:29:30 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, we're just using what we have on hand! So no real cost, thankfully cause we can't really afford much atm. *^*; And the Internet will have to wait a week or two, unfortunately. My hubs got the mechanics in town to look at the dodge so they could try to fix it and that's going to cost us over $200 but it's supposed to be fixed now! My hubs thought it'd be a few days before they'd be done so we could pay next week but they got it done fast so I dunno how that's going to work. =^=; Yeah, I've been trying too! I was also given some gluten-free pancake mix and stuff so I can eat on that.
Oh, glad y'all are doing better! Yeah, it does take a while for energy levels to come back. Hopefully, it'll be soon for yall.

Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/28 21:50:07 )

@PoeticTorment: Wow that freaking sucks. At least it's fixed, but $200 is $200 you know.
pancake mix is a good idea. easy to make and cost is cheap. Have you guys thought about going to a food bank? No shame in that.

That's good to know because I'm going to a job interview next week on Wed. So maybe I'll be even better by then.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.