Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Show me your plants! - It’s almost spring!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/4 00:23:02 )
@Qiqi Agatha: yee. much like having pets.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/4 04:04:56 )

@Qiqi Agatha: They are very pretty. Maybe you should look into getting one? They like warm and humidity. :)
@Pelontrix: What pets do you have atm?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/4 04:13:08 )
@Totalanimefan: two cats. used to have three, then smokey just. vanished, somehow.

...i miss him.
please ping me for the love of god.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/4 04:54:11 )

@Pelontrix: OMG That's so sad. I'm sorry.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/4 23:36:04 )
It's finally raining where I live.
@Pelontrix: realized when I picked up this habit in the beginning of the pandemic. :viosweat: Now, if I can go traveling abroad to visit my family, I will need a sitter to water them.

@Totalanimefan: one, it will have to be in ending of March or beginning of April when it is not freezing at night.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/5 00:15:19 )

@Qiqi Agatha: That's a good idea, but I recommend keeping Prayer Plants inside anyway. They are sensitive plants

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/10 21:52:11 )
@Totalanimefan:
, I will have to see how our weather becomes, before getting one. Our weather has been drastically weird the past 1 ½ month.
Hopefully, later on this weekend I will take a picture of my plant that is not dying anymore. It is doing very well.
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/10 22:13:04 )

@Qiqi Agatha: I can't wait to see the pic. I should take updated pictures this weekend too. ^^ I just watered 3 of my plants today. I think they are happy I did that for them.
We might be getting sleet this Saturday. Weird after weather has been so spring-like. Things are even blooming here.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/10 22:55:08 )
I need to take a picture of my plant. I have an aloe that hasn't died on me yet and it's taaaallll. I just checked on it the other day and it has a little baby shoot in the pot. <3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/10 23:02:33 )

@Koah: That's so cute!
Maybe we should all post our pics this weekend ^^

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 16:50:39 )
I have those long piano fingers for size reference. XD
I've never successfully grown anything inside. and between my first and thumb, you can see the little baby shoot.

Don't mind the whatever succulent on the left... I don't know what it's called and honestly, I'm waiting for it to finally die. It's my nieces and I currently don't have a bigger pot for it.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 19:48:43 )

@Koah: That's awesome. What direction does that window face? Aloe and Succulents can take a lot of abuse but the one thing they really love is light. Bright, direct light.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 23:41:19 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm not sure which direction it faces. This window gets quite a bit of light. But I'll probably be switching them to a more direct sunlit window. For now, these 2 live in my kitchen window so I don't forget to water them. :d
My yard has succulents like weeds in the summer. We have a lot of dry sunlight here.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 00:11:25 )

@Koah: That's good. Although I think they only need to be watered once a week? They are used to the desert lol
They can take a lot of abuse lol

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 17:04:39 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't do well with indoor plants. So I wasn't expecting either of these to live long. lol.
Basically all house plants, up until now, I've killed. Even bamboo. OTL

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 18:06:13 )

@Koah: I've learned that all plants need different types of care. Different amounts of water and sunlight. Like mine can't be in direct sun. Their leaves will get sunburn.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.